Is there a reason my RER says Uconnect not installed? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Is there a reason my RER says Uconnect not installed?

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 09-08-2012, 02:55 PM   #1
commander112
2009 JK Wrangler 

Is there a reason my RER says Uconnect not installed?

Was there some type of option that needs to be added to this radion for Uconnect to function? I just purchased a 09 Wranger Rubicon Unlimited and went to marry my phone only to find out it was a no go out of the box.

commander112 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2012, 03:17 PM   #2
Jeffro3000
2010 JK Wrangler 

Its another part.........approx 500 installed
Unread 09-08-2012, 04:22 PM   #3
commander112
2009 JK Wrangler 

Ouch! Thanks for the response.
Unread 09-08-2012, 06:56 PM   #4
Coolcatracing
2008 JK Wrangler 

You can buy the add on mic for about $40 and install it yourself, then go into the engineering menu on the radio and turn it on. If you can install a car stereo you can easily add it yourself, the instructions are available online if you want to read over it before ordering it. Quadratec and many other places sell it.
08 Unlimited Rubicon 6 speed, 315/70-16 Kelly TSR, 1.5" Spidertrax spacers factory Moab's, Rubicon Express Flex arm 3.5" lift, Smittybilt XRC front bumper with D-rings, Body Armor Extreme rock slider steps, AEV snorkel, trimmed fender flares, Hella 8" HID driving lights
Coolcatracing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2012, 07:41 PM   #5
commander112
2009 JK Wrangler 

That sounds much more reasonable Cool. Thanks.
Unread 09-08-2012, 08:46 PM   #6
Jeffro3000
2010 JK Wrangler 

Which mic? And how do you get into the engineering menu? The only Quadratec part I see is $300.
Unread 09-08-2012, 10:59 PM   #7
Coolcatracing
2008 JK Wrangler 

http://www.justforjeeps.com/ucmikit.html
Here's another site for the RER kit. The one you're looking at on Quadratec is for non nav units and won't work with the RER anyways. Since the RER already has the other stuff built in all you need is the mic kit.
08 Unlimited Rubicon 6 speed, 315/70-16 Kelly TSR, 1.5" Spidertrax spacers factory Moab's, Rubicon Express Flex arm 3.5" lift, Smittybilt XRC front bumper with D-rings, Body Armor Extreme rock slider steps, AEV snorkel, trimmed fender flares, Hella 8" HID driving lights
Coolcatracing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2012, 08:56 AM   #8
commander112
2009 JK Wrangler 

Thanks again Cool. I ordered this kit and am awaiting its arrival.
Unread 09-17-2012, 09:16 AM   #9
labbayk
2012 JK Wrangler 

it sucks doesn't it! When I had my 07 I saw the shiny new buttons on the radio and nothing worked! Until I finally sold it earlier this summer, I was researching a billion different ways to get this to work by getting aftermarket mics, units, you name it. They put those consoles into Jeep like they were the standard model or something. There are tons of discussions out there how pissed people were about being promised a feature that doesn't work. Further, dealers were promising Chrysler backed upgrades that would 'let the unit work in the future with a computer upgrade'. Bull, never happened. Today there are a whole bunch of resources to get this feature to work. Enjoy your new radio!!
and when you wanted blood i cut my veins
and when you wanted love i bled myself again [/FONT]

[FONT="Arial Narrow"][B]then a vision came to me
when you came along
i gave you everything but then you wanted more[/B]
[/FONT]
I am a slave to grunge \m/
labbayk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2012, 11:17 AM   #10
commander112
2009 JK Wrangler 

Ok. I have installed the kit and it all went smoothly. Now comes the programming part. The kit came with a disc and when inserted into the radio it says "data" on the screen. I assume I need to get to a programming menu for the disc to be read. Can anyone help me with this step? Thanks, in advance, for the help.
PS, I read the MyGig instructions here that simply advise to place the disc in and allow it to run for about 15 minutes. I allowed it to run for 20 minutes and it appeared as if nothing was happening at all the whole time. The screen just said "data".
Unread 09-22-2012, 06:56 PM   #11
commander112
2009 JK Wrangler 

Anybody? I'd hate to pay the dealer to do an update I could do myself if only I understood the process.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.