Thecatsmeow's "Royal" build is beginning - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Thecatsmeow's "Royal" build is beginning

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 12-30-2013, 01:01 PM   #1
thecatsmeow

2014 JK Wrangler 

I just bought a brand new 2014 JKU with a 6spd manuel trans. It had 32miles on it and I turned around and put 1400 miles on it to get back to where I work!! She handled like a dream, especially through the icy snowy roads of Yellowstone... (Stayed in 2x4) haha I'm currently planning a JK-8 Truck build with a ton of "River Raider" type qualities! I'm currently saving up for the suspension, wheels and tires cause it looks so wimpy on it's stock basic stuff! Any suggestions as to what the best/showy suspensions are? And any suggestions for 35s that are great on street/dirt/mud/snow/ICE?

Unread 12-30-2013, 01:11 PM   #2
wilgeno
Bug-Out!

2013 JK Wrangler 

Congrats on the new Jeep! Opinions are everywhere about tires suspensions, lifts etc.

See the FAQ thread for links to threads that may answer most of your questions.

Bug-Out! http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/b...build-1568531/

I don't always go topless, but when I do I go Commando!
wilgeno is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2013, 01:14 PM   #3
thecatsmeow

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilgeno
Congrats on the new Jeep! Opinions are everywhere about tires suspensions, lifts etc. See the FAQ thread for links to threads that may answer most of your questions.
Thanks wilgeno!!
Unread 12-31-2013, 01:40 AM   #4
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Congrats on your new Jeep and looking forward to watching your Jeep build.
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2013, 10:16 AM   #5
Psycho-X-Jeep
2009 JK Wrangler 

White Jeeps rule! Looking forward to seeing it change from an alley cat to a mountain lion.
Psycho-X-Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2013, 10:51 AM   #6
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

can't wait for this to get started, good luck on your journey
Unread 12-31-2013, 06:18 PM   #7
TheBoss
2012 JK Wrangler 

Another white Jeep ,cool! Try the MT mtz's or the Falken wildpeaks.

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #690[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2013, 06:57 PM   #8
Jafo1

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Welcome, congrats on the new Jeep and Happy New Year!!! as stated above check out the FAQ and look at the JKU lift with pic thread to see what others have done and what it looks like.
1998 TJ, "Rosie", 4.0L, 5 speed, 3.25" RC, 1.25" JKS body lift, 1" Currie MML, 33x12.5x15 BFG KM2, D30 w/ Lock Right locker, AA SYE, TW driveshaft, Novak Tcase shifter, Rokmen Transfer case skid, Warn 9000i, LOD rear bumper and tire carrier, Riddler front and rear diff cover, JKS quick disconnects, ZJ tie rod, American Racing 15x8 4"BS, Skidrow PS skid, oil pan skid, Currie adjustable controls arms, D44 w/ Auburn ected locker, Smittybilt front bumper, KC Daylighters, Midland CB, Firestik antenna.

2009 JKU, 285/70/17 BFG AT, 1.5" Spidertrax wheel spacers, TF leveling kit, stock rims.
Jafo1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2014, 03:19 PM   #9
thecatsmeow

2014 JK Wrangler 

Thanks everyone!! I'm currently in the saving mode for my 4" Teraflex long arm suspension, at the same time I'm gonna throw some black rhino 18s and some 37in nitto terra grapplers!!

After that I'm gonna do the bumpers and armor
Then, supercharger

Then the JK-8 Truck conversion

Haha then some more... Stay tuned!!
Unread 01-01-2014, 03:24 PM   #10
thecatsmeow

2014 JK Wrangler 

There's gonna be a new hood and snorkel and lots of little things that will make all the difference...

Purple u-bolts on the winch bumper, purple halos in the headlights and fog lights, lots of little things that will be purple hence the "Royal"
Unread 01-19-2014, 04:18 PM   #11
94jeepman
Jager93

2005 WK 

Put a 4 bt in it
KHAKI MEMBER #59

The WK mods: SC flashpaq 3870, flow master super 40, 3.5" X Factor leveling kit, 33" M/T baja claws, 17" pro comp wheels, one 12 inch subwoofer, rugged ridge tailight gaurds, rola rack with 18" extension
94jeepman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2014, 04:37 PM   #12
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94jeepman View Post
Put a 4 bt in it
im sure everyones thought about it, i know i have. sadly not legal, then again i do have my inspection license
Unread 01-19-2014, 09:14 PM   #13
thecatsmeow

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94jeepman
Put a 4 bt in it
Matt and I were talking earlier about maybe doing a duramax somehow
Unread 01-19-2014, 09:28 PM   #14
94jeepman
Jager93

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatsmeow View Post
Matt and I were talking earlier about maybe doing a duramax somehow
They have the v6 duramax in the Colorado or other wise cut the firewall. I think there is one with a powerstroke I saw on a jeep magazine
KHAKI MEMBER #59

The WK mods: SC flashpaq 3870, flow master super 40, 3.5" X Factor leveling kit, 33" M/T baja claws, 17" pro comp wheels, one 12 inch subwoofer, rugged ridge tailight gaurds, rola rack with 18" extension
94jeepman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2014, 09:33 PM   #15
thecatsmeow

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94jeepman
They have the v6 duramax in the Colorado or other wise cut the firewall. I think there is one with a powerstroke I saw on a jeep magazine
Two thumbs waaayy up!! Good to know... I'm gonna have to do some research! It's gonna be a looooong long build haha

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.