Thanks squirrels! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Thanks squirrels!

Jeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control Arms

Unread 01-23-2013, 01:21 PM   #1
Noxian
2011 JK Wrangler 

Thanks squirrels!

Yup that's the wiring harness going from the fuse box under the hood to what looks like the computer..

jeep runs fine no codes no problems, only reason why I found it is because my block heater didnt seem to be working and the jeep was really hard starting.

My jeep sits outside in the summer sometimes 4-5 days straight so if I figure that's when they got in there and decided to have a little buffet.

Insurance is going to cover but it still sucks.

Noxian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2013, 02:10 PM   #2
Godholio
2012 JK Wrangler 

I was expecting a stash of acorns or something...this sucks. At least it's covered.
Utah Jeep Crew #148
No powerball here? How am I supposed to finance the mods?!?
'12 Sport...miss my YJ for all the wrong reasons though
Godholio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2013, 02:40 PM   #3
jwmbishop
2011 JK Wrangler 

Damn tree rats. Mine have eaten all of our patio furniture, stolen laundry from the line etc. I feed them now.

Acorns and a wrist rocket. EAT THAT SUCKER!!!
Unread 01-23-2013, 02:51 PM   #4
GPV
2008 JK Wrangler 

We have two cats and no rodent problems! Check your airbox for nest material while you're poking around under there. Mice love to make nests in those things!

2008 Jeep JK Rubicon Unlimited (Bought for Wife)
2007 GMC 2500HD Duramax (Work Horse)
1982 Honda CB 900F Supersport
2001 Honda RC51
GPV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2013, 02:55 PM   #5
durable1
2012 JK Wrangler 

BB/ pellet gun....oh, I didn't mean to say gun! Sorry!!!
durable1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2013, 03:00 PM   #6
TheBoss
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by durable1 View Post
BB/ pellet gun....oh, I didn't mean to say gun! Sorry!!!
Pellet firing unit used for a deterrant for so called "pests" ,corrected for you.
Are you even legal to own one of those? Being from NY I thought they confiscated all those.

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #690[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2013, 03:11 PM   #7
JKsJK
2010 JK Wrangler 

Good old fashion mouse traps around the front wheel deter the squirrels and kills the mice.

Used to find mouse poo on top of engine parts, but no more....

Bang sticks are always the fun way to rid the neighborhood of squirrels. 22 sub-sonics, nuff said.
JKsJK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2013, 03:20 PM   #8
screameans73
2010 JK Wrangler 

Wow, I guess your cable/phone wires in the neighborhood are safe LOL When I read this initially I thought maybe one was laying in an unfortunate area when you turned the key...I seriously expected to see tree rat stew.
screameans73 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2013, 03:43 PM   #9
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Sacrifice a squirrel; slice open its belly, pull out its guts part way and lay it on its back under your Jeep as a deterrent. The word will spread quickly amongst the other rodents. End of problem.
1222 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2013, 04:17 PM   #10
screameans73
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222 View Post
Sacrifice a squirrel; slice open its belly, pull out its guts part way and lay it on its back under your Jeep as a deterrent. The word will spread quickly amongst the other rodents. End of problem.
If that doesn't work, break out the 4/10 go hunting around the backyards and get yourself some pelts to hang from tiki torches lining your driveway...the Mad Max of squirrels will think twice before roosting in your jeep.
screameans73 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2013, 05:27 PM   #11
jwmbishop
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222 View Post
Don't know if I shared MY squirrel story here or not - so will again bear with me if ya heard it.

I was heck bent on detering the rodents and wanted some entertainment to boot. So I went to tractor supply and got an electric horse fence kit (battery operated). I installed the ground to the frame of a cast iron bird feeder hanger, insulated the steel housed feeder, hung it and put the hot to the feeder itself. The first squirrel went up the frame, reached out and as soon as he went to touch the bird seed POW - fell to the ground. He shook it off, sucked it up and tried again. Same result. Thats where it got seriously funny. He then went into the middle of the yard and acted like he was doing nothing - all the while watching the feeder. His buddy (second rodent) came by, climbed the hanger - and the first squirrel stood at attention to see what would happen to the new guy! Same result. Of course the second squirrel was obviously the smarter of the two as he just left without a second attempt.

But I could still swear the first squirrel was laughing as hard as I was!
Unread 01-23-2013, 05:40 PM   #12
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

^^^ Great story too bad you didnít video tape it, would have been a classic for sure.
Unread 01-23-2013, 05:58 PM   #13
LIJeepJC
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPV
We have two cats and no rodent problems! Check your airbox for nest material while you're poking around under there. Mice love to make nests in those things!
Yeah I think this is mice. Not squirrels
LIJeepJC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2013, 08:25 PM   #14
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Extra, extra, read all about it; rodents in the JK tech forum, cool.
Unread 01-23-2013, 09:00 PM   #15
jwmbishop
2011 JK Wrangler 

I aint no rat!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.