TF 1.5" performance kit with spacers? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > TF 1.5" performance kit with spacers?

CCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSteinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 03-26-2013, 05:14 PM   #1
04TJ Dogg
2008 JK Wrangler 

TF 1.5" performance kit with spacers?

I am going to put a TF performance leveling kit on my 2008 JKU with stock tires for now. I plan to eventually run this kit with flat fenders and 35's. I already have a set of 3/4" spacers for the front and rear. Everything I've read says that I will be fine with this kit and stock shocks and don't need any other components. If I add the 3/4" spacers, will I need any additional components after I add the spacers?

2004 Tj X, 2.5 Skyjacker rear, OME ZJ front, 285/75 16 A/T's on moabs, Bedlined stuff, some offroad Lights, Warn 8274 w/ Warn plate, Aussie front, Truetrack rear, PSC trail corners, Pro-comp adjustable front trackbar, 1 1/8" skateboard wheel bl, Teraflex bmml----Sold

2008 JKU X TF Leveling kit
04TJ Dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2013, 06:04 PM   #2
Remmy18
2012 JK Wrangler 

I'm running the TF leveling kit with 2" in front and 1" in rear on 35's with cut fenders. I'm also running stock shocks with zero problems. I wouldn't run with the additional 3/4" spacer as I would think you'd need longer front shocks and may run into problems elsewhere. To me, I love my setup and feel its perfect for both DD and moderate wheeling.
image-979799082.jpg  
Remmy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2013, 06:20 PM   #3
04TJ Dogg
2008 JK Wrangler 

Wow!! Great looking Jeep. I was just worried that it may not be enough lift after a front bumper/winch and rear tire carrier. I have some shock extensions until I can get some new shocks but I was worried I might have to have track bars or control arms
2004 Tj X, 2.5 Skyjacker rear, OME ZJ front, 285/75 16 A/T's on moabs, Bedlined stuff, some offroad Lights, Warn 8274 w/ Warn plate, Aussie front, Truetrack rear, PSC trail corners, Pro-comp adjustable front trackbar, 1 1/8" skateboard wheel bl, Teraflex bmml----Sold

2008 JKU X TF Leveling kit
04TJ Dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2013, 06:32 PM   #4
Remmy18
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04TJ Dogg
Wow!! Great looking Jeep. I was just worried that it may not be enough lift after a front bumper/winch and rear tire carrier. I have some shock extensions until I can get some new shocks but I was worried I might have to have track bars or control arms
Thx man! If you're going to run bumpers front and rear, that will put you back close to stock height. With that much weight, you may want to look at a quality spring lift that includes front LCAs and track bar. Also, the extra weight from the larger tires will stress your track bar and frame side mount significantly. I haven't yet but the Synergy track bar and frame side brace is on my list, just to be safe long-term. You can also run something on the smaller side of 35 (like MIckey Thompsons) that run smaller. Either way, good luck and hope this helps.
Remmy18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.