Teraflex quick disconnect help! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Teraflex quick disconnect help!

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 05-06-2013, 04:32 PM   #1
robski85

2012 JK Wrangler 

Teraflex quick disconnect help!

So a couple weekends ago my friend I installed the teraflex quick disconnects on my '12 sport. We torqued the nuts to the specs, greased the zeros and re-torqued after a couple days of driving. Fast forward to today, I hear something rattling around and get out to see and I'm now missing a stover nut from the front passenger, top part of the sway bar ?! Can't find exact specs for it from the install manual to replace but I'm hitting Home Depot in a few to look for a replacement... Anyone else have this happen before??? Maybe add a ton of lock tite when I find a replacement?...

Thanks for the help,

robski85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2013, 05:01 PM   #2
Utah_Jay
2007 JK Wrangler 

I have the Teraflex disconnects on my ZJ and have had them come loose on two different occasions. I ended up using lock tite and tightening as tight as I could go without damaging something. I haven't had any issues since but it turned me off on the Teraflex brand of disconnects. I am going with something else for my JK.
Utah_Jay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2013, 07:54 PM   #3
TheBoss
2012 JK Wrangler 

I've had it happen with the Teraflex and JKS so it probably has more to do with the fasteners. I periodically check them to be safe.

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #690[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2013, 08:44 PM   #4
robski85

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss
I've had it happen with the Teraflex and JKS so it probably has more to do with the fasteners. I periodically check them to be safe.

Well at least I'm not the first person this ha happened to. Ill be sure to check them every couple of fill ups and the zerks... Do you by chance remember the size of the lock nut? I'm going to hit Home Depot and try and find a couple spares just to keep just in case.
robski85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2013, 04:40 AM   #5
TheBoss
2012 JK Wrangler 

I forget the size , I sold them with the leveling kit .

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #690[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.