teraflex leveling kit - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > teraflex leveling kit

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-20-2010, 11:17 AM   #1
keltonkrew
2008 JK Wrangler 

teraflex leveling kit

I want to raise the front of my jk 2", rear 1" so I can run 33" I still need to fit in parking garages otherwise I could just use my F350 4x4 which is too tall. I see the kit is like $135. what's required to install this. I called 4 wheel parts and they want $900 for the kit, install, shocks and steering stabilizer...I see on teraflex site they say moderate on install and 3 hours?

Please advise

keltonkrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2010, 11:43 AM   #2
RAZORBILL
2014 JK Wrangler 

If you have a jack, couple jack stands and basic hand tools it's a piece of cake. Take a look at the instructions online to see if you think you can handle it. You don't need new shocks or steering stabilizer. They are just trying to make some money off ya.

I installed the TF leveling kit on my wifes rubi a couple weeks ago and it probably took 3 hours by myself. If you think you need help I'll bet one of the Houston area folks on here would be more than happy to give you a hand.
Unread 07-20-2010, 11:49 AM   #3
keltonkrew
2008 JK Wrangler 

thanks bill. I have big floor jack, jack stands, air compressor, tools, etc...just wondering what was required...I don't mind putting new shocks as I know factory shocks suck..I have bilsteins on both of my other 4x4 trucks and love em, but for a $140 kit, seemed expensive at $900 installed...
Unread 07-20-2010, 12:54 PM   #4
plac
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltonkrew View Post
thanks bill. I have big floor jack, jack stands, air compressor, tools, etc...just wondering what was required...I don't mind putting new shocks as I know factory shocks suck..I have bilsteins on both of my other 4x4 trucks and love em, but for a $140 kit, seemed expensive at $900 installed...
the spacer + sway bar link kit is like $119 from northridge. after youve done it a couple times you can do the whole kit in under 1.5 hours. ive done it a few times. $900?? Thats gotta include more than just spacers and shocks.. maybe thats the full 2.5" lift kit.
Unread 07-20-2010, 12:59 PM   #5
keltonkrew
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by plac View Post
the spacer + sway bar link kit is like $119 from northridge. after youve done it a couple times you can do the whole kit in under 1.5 hours. ive done it a few times. $900?? Thats gotta include more than just spacers and shocks.. maybe thats the full 2.5" lift kit.
hell...I already have 4 of the spacers from a sponsor here.... so sounds like i just need to drop the axles a bit to get the spacers in, go get it aligned...if I want to add shocks that's good...i was shocked at the $900... that's why I came here to get y'alls opinions
Unread 07-20-2010, 01:03 PM   #6
plac
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltonkrew View Post
hell...I already have 4 of the spacers from a sponsor here.... so sounds like i just need to drop the axles a bit to get the spacers in, go get it aligned...if I want to add shocks that's good...i was shocked at the $900... that's why I came here to get y'alls opinions
i dont know anyone that gets an alignment after spacers alone, i wouldnt bother. unless maybe you have 2" or taller spacers.
Unread 07-20-2010, 01:09 PM   #7
keltonkrew
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by plac View Post
i dont know anyone that gets an alignment after spacers alone, i wouldnt bother. unless maybe you have 2" or taller spacers.
but when u drop the axles, can't they get "out of whack" some so the jeep could be going down the road funky?
Unread 07-20-2010, 01:12 PM   #8
Rafi
2010 JK Wrangler 

i just did this a couple weeks ago. and nothing got out of whack.. goes down the road just fine. took about 2.5 hours alone. worked on cars before, but First time i worked on a jeep. or anything american actually. its really easy
Rafi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2010, 02:19 PM   #9
ncb

I have this kit on my unlimited. It required a small adjustment to center the steering wheel. The axles shifted very little. It's not noticeable.
ncb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
JK Wrangler , leveling lift , teraflex lift , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.