Teraflex Budget Boost - No Space Between Front Bumpstops??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Teraflex Budget Boost - No Space Between Front Bumpstops???

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 10-07-2013, 08:11 AM   #1
SoCal_HEMIHead
2008 JK Wrangler 

Teraflex Budget Boost - No Space Between Front Bumpstops???

I just noticed there is very little space between my front bumpstops and the axle. I just installed a 2.5 BB. I have an unlimited Rubicon, so the springs should be good. Is this normal?

SoCal_HEMIHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2013, 08:59 AM   #2
SilverStreaker
2012 JK Wrangler 

It's hard to tell by the picture but I believe you don't have the extensions, provided in the kit, completely seated. I know when I did mine, I had to use a bottle jack to press the extensions into place.

EDIT: I just walked out and looked at mine and it's about the same as your pictures.

My Wife's Jeep - 2007 Grand Cherokee - only mod - K&N Cold Air Intake system
SilverStreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2013, 09:10 AM   #3
SLADE
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Did you forget to install the coil spacer?

What size tires are you running that requires the bump stops to be extended that far?

Using a body lift, flat flares, or both will increase suspension travel and decrease the amount of extended bump stop that is needed.
2001 Dodge Ram 2500
SLADE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2013, 09:12 AM   #4
SLADE
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverStreaker View Post
EDIT: I just walked out and looked at mine and it's about the same as your pictures.

Your bump stop is seated the same? or You have the same amount of distance between your axle and the bump stop?
2001 Dodge Ram 2500
Unread 10-07-2013, 09:16 AM   #5
SLADE
2004 TJ Wrangler 

If your only running a 33" tire, you do not need to extend you bump stop that much if at all.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/n...egres-1656137/
2001 Dodge Ram 2500
Unread 10-07-2013, 10:24 AM   #6
SoCal_HEMIHead
2008 JK Wrangler 

I'm running 33's and this is using the "out of the box" setup provided with the Teraflex 2.5" BB. Yes, the coil spacer is installed. I'm not sure it's hurting anything or causing any ride issues, so should I worry about it? What if I just remove the extended bumpstop provided by Teraflex and reinstall the factory one back in it's original location. That should give me extra space, but will it cause problems when flexing?
Unread 10-07-2013, 10:33 AM   #7
CrawlingForward
Rookies Happen.

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Wait....I was confused for a second, but I think I'm clear now.

Are there extended bumpstops in the kit? And after installing both the boost and the extended bumpstops, you now have no uptravel? Is that what's being asked? (I was having trouble trying to figure out how you could have *less* uptravel after adding spacers).

95 YJ, Rio Grande - The Wannabe Sleeper Wheeler
2010 JKU, Islander Edition - The Burly Stock Overlander

- North Shore Jeep Club -
Build/Wheel/Break/Educate/Upgrade/Repeat
CrawlingForward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2013, 10:37 AM   #8
JTPhoto
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Something's not right there. I just did a TF BB on my nieces Jeep a couple weeks ago and there was a lot more bumpstop clearance then that. Did you put the rubber spring isolators back in as well as the spacer?
2008 Black and Khaki Sahara Unlimited. Auto, Tow pkg, Dual Tops, MyGig, Trax-Lok rear diff. 3.5" Rock Krawler fr springs, rear TeraFlex 2.5 BB, 35x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on Blackrock Viper Alloys, Flex-o-lite trans cooler, Mr Grille billet grille inserts, AEV Prem Bumper ETC.. AND a Locked and Lifted Honda Foreman for when the trails get real tight
JTPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2013, 10:45 AM   #9
TOK

Same lift and mine doesn't ride on the bumpstop like that... My initial thought was the same as Silverstreakers, that the spacers didn't fully seat in the hole in the frame. Here is a pic of the clearance on mine.
bump-stop.jpg

TOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2013, 10:49 AM   #10
TOK

Actually, taking a look at our pics side by side, are you sure your coils aren't sacked out? Look how much closer together they are than mine.
Unread 10-07-2013, 10:50 AM   #11
SilverStreaker
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_HEMIHead View Post
I'm running 33's and this is using the "out of the box" setup provided with the Teraflex 2.5" BB. Yes, the coil spacer is installed. I'm not sure it's hurting anything or causing any ride issues, so should I worry about it? What if I just remove the extended bumpstop provided by Teraflex and reinstall the factory one back in it's original location. That should give me extra space, but will it cause problems when flexing?
I installed my lift for over 1-1/2 years ago and have not had any issues.

Unread 10-07-2013, 10:52 AM   #12
JTPhoto
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOK
Actually, taking a look at our pics side by side, are you sure your coils aren't sacked out? Look how much closer together they are than mine.
Agreed^^^ are you running a steel bumper and winch on the front? If so you need heavier springs.
2008 Black and Khaki Sahara Unlimited. Auto, Tow pkg, Dual Tops, MyGig, Trax-Lok rear diff. 3.5" Rock Krawler fr springs, rear TeraFlex 2.5 BB, 35x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on Blackrock Viper Alloys, Flex-o-lite trans cooler, Mr Grille billet grille inserts, AEV Prem Bumper ETC.. AND a Locked and Lifted Honda Foreman for when the trails get real tight
JTPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2013, 10:58 AM   #13
SoCal_HEMIHead
2008 JK Wrangler 

I do have a steel bumper, but no winch. This is a stock unlimited Rubicon with about 60,000 miles on it. It's possible the extended bumpstops have dropped out of the hole in the frame and just need reseated, but you guys have me thinking maybe my springs are shot.
Unread 10-07-2013, 11:04 AM   #14
SilverStreaker
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTPhoto View Post
Agreed^^^ are you running a steel bumper and winch on the front? If so you need heavier springs.
According to pictures in his other thread he does have a bumper and winch. I too have a steel bumper and winch and I'm sure that my springs have settled some.

Unread 10-07-2013, 11:17 AM   #15
TOK

Socal, I can't imagine the spacers dropped out if they ever actually seated right. I had to pop mine in with a jack and block of wood because I did it laying in the driveway with no leverage.

The pop they made when they finally seated made me wonder if I'm going to have to cut them out if I ever move to a full coil lift.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.