TeraFlex 2.5" Budget Boost ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > TeraFlex 2.5" Budget Boost ?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 01-08-2010, 09:07 PM   #1
jcull35
2010 JK Wrangler 

TeraFlex 2.5" Budget Boost ?

I am looking to put a lil lift on my jk and was look at the TeraFlex 2.5" Budget Boost. I heard that it will affect the ride quality unless a Rear Track Bar Bracket is installed. Has anyone out there put this kit on there jeep and how do you like it.

jcull35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2010, 09:14 PM   #2
99TJSport
2008 JK Wrangler 

I have the 2.5" TF with shock adapters. Very happy with the ride quality. My kit came with a rear track bar bracket in the kit, so I put it in when installing the kit.

Parrothead Jeepers Union #24
99TJSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2010, 07:14 AM   #3
N2rock
Web Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

My wife has it on her JK.

You were mis-informed. The purpose of the trackbar bracket is to re-center the axle. It will not affect ride quality. Without it, your axle will be shifted- the rear axle shifts slightly toward the passenger side, the front axle shifts slightly toward the drivers side. In the case of the TF BB, with stock tires the shift is so minor you don't even see it. If you put on larger/wider tires, then the shift is easily seen because you'll notice the tires sticking out further on the side that the axles shift to. But this shift does not cause any difference in handling or ride quality. With a 2.5" lift, the shift is more cosmetic and does not actually affect anything.

His: '07 Unlimited X, Jeep Green, Hardtop, auto, 5.13, 2.5" RC lift and too many mods to list

Hers: '08 X Red Rock, soft top, auto. Bunch of mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlgraham View Post
If you made a snuggy out of a Shamwow, ....would you have to get up off the couch to pee?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepskyy View Post
At this point if Obama tried to move a little to the right, he would trip over Stalin's corpse.
N2rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2010, 11:02 AM   #4
Knottymaid
2008 JK Wrangler 

I have a TF BB with shocks and it created issues with my steering geometry. I know lots of folks have good luck with the BBs, I did not. TF is and was aware if the issue, they were happy to sell me a set of $375 lower control arms to fix the problem. We now have many more lifts to choose from and given our present choices I would not go with the TF BB......
Knottymaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2010, 03:46 PM   #5
jcull35
2010 JK Wrangler 

so what would be the best budget boost out there?
Unread 01-09-2010, 04:05 PM   #6
jcull35
2010 JK Wrangler 

I got one more question will the track bar bracket fix the problem?
Unread 01-09-2010, 04:14 PM   #7
DANJEEPO8
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcull35 View Post
don't have one yet, but because i've been wanting one, i've been reading as many threads about it as possible and it seems like the Rough Country is the best. i think they are the only one with metal spacers, everyone else's is some sort of plastic...(i think)

http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_jk_2.html

Unread 01-09-2010, 07:49 PM   #8
river2c
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcull35 View Post
Teraflex makes the most complete BB. It comes with a rear track bar relocation bracket, longer rear sway bar links, and brake line extensions. You can order the kit with new shocks or keep your current shocks and use extensions. Most people have been very happy with this starter lift.
Unread 01-09-2010, 08:49 PM   #9
Mr. Corrosion

If you move past the spacers and go with the 2.5 coil lift I think you'll be pleased. I know I love mine and have nothing but good things to say about Teraflex products.
Mr. Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2010, 09:51 PM   #10
rgt75
2012 JK Wrangler 

I have the Teraflex BB on my JK and have had no issues with it. I have a TJ as well that my wife drives in the winter and had problems with the Rubicon Express kit I put on it. The bushings went bad after a month and Rubicon Express was less than helpful dealing with it. In fact they basically ignored me. I'd give the Teraflex a shot
rgt75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2010, 10:08 PM   #11
OregonVette
2008 JK Wrangler 

Hmmm... Well, after speaking with the Jeep Elders, vendors, suppliers, retailers and local shops, I went with the TF 2.5 BB. If you can say one bb puck lift is better than the other than my hats off to you. If someone says RE is better or RC is better or TF is better it is prolly because they have that particular lift already installed on their jeep.

But, why did I choose TF 2.5? Well, because it was the most complete kit and was on a kicka$$ sale for $249

it has the relocation bracket (which is fancy name for small piece of steel with two holes drilled in it) and all the other doo-dads already complete with the kit. That's it / that's all.
It's hard to give you good advice at this point. It's almost like you're saying, "I want to have sex, but don't want to get her pregnant. I can't afford condoms, so for now I just want to use Saran Wrap. What brand would you recommend?"
OregonVette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2011, 09:58 AM   #12
Drayzen
2008 JK Wrangler 

What are everyone's opinions about purchasing the Teraflex shocks with their budget boost? Is it worth the extra money? Is there noticeable difference with everyday driving? Or do the shocks make the most difference off road?
Unread 02-28-2011, 10:52 AM   #13
GEM1N1
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drayzen View Post
What are everyone's opinions about purchasing the Teraflex shocks with their budget boost? Is it worth the extra money? Is there noticeable difference with everyday driving? Or do the shocks make the most difference off road?
Can't speak for TF but I finally (after months of reading reviews) went with Old Man Emu for my 2.5" BB. I can honestly say that I am EXTREMELY happy with the ride. It is truly better than stock. I think they may be a little more than the TF but I will absolutely be buying them again when they wear out.
Missouri Concealed Carry Permit
Kansas Concealed Carry Permit
www.KcConcealedCarry.com
GEM1N1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2014, 12:03 PM   #14
Glenntpr1
2013 JK Wrangler 

Here's my review:

2013 JK Unlimited Sahara with TF 2.5 BB lift with Bilsteins 5100s shocks (Note, kept the OEM Sahara Wheels and installed 295/70/18s Nitto Trail Grapplers). P

Completely happy after seeing the appearance improvement after the install. Drove it to the shop for an alignment and the folks at the shop did not want to do the alignment. They finally aligned the jeep and drove off..... The initial reaction from stock to the lift was a mixed feeling. As soon as I drove pass the 50 miles range, the jeep began to slightly swerve to the sides while I compensated the movements with the streering wheel... My wife even asked me to take her back home as she did not feel confortable or safe....

Drove like this for two weeks and finally took it into the city (20 mile drive on the highway). Again, very unconrfable to drive while compensating the movements to stay straight.

Correcting the Problem: Maybe other folks may know this but I did not. Some people appear to have great success with thw kit but I was just simply not very confortable with the swerving and compensation issues..... So drove up to a 4X4 shop and asked them for their opinion. They advised me to install a Pro Comp Adjustable Front Track Bar (07-14 Wrangler JK 4 Door) which they happened to have one on stock for $139.00 dollars. I just told them to go ahead and do the install....... Took it back to the shop and got it realigned for free!!!

Now this thing really drives very well. Some of the other kits come with a track bar. It really helps to be able to adjust the steering and make it more tight. Drives extremely nice and I am very happy with the results. Not sure if putting dual shocks stabilizers on the front will even make it a better ride....

At the end, I do enjoy the jeep with the lift and the trail grapplers.... For now the TF BB meets my needs. I go on trails once in a while but do drive the jeep every day as my commute vehicle...

Thanks,

Glenn
Glenntpr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2014, 12:24 PM   #15
bogleparsons
2013 JK Wrangler 

I have the TF 2.5" BB with shocks and couldn't be happier, rides great on 35" tires and looks good.

not one single thing needed that the kit didn't provide.

*edit* did have to buy exhaust spacers, $29.99

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.