Teraflex 2.5 or 3 inch for 35's? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Teraflex 2.5 or 3 inch for 35's?

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 11-26-2013, 12:55 PM   #16
ROCKR8R
2008 JK Wrangler 

BrianJW, yeah that's my beef with AEV. Once you start pushing your rig hard you start to realize the limitations of the AEV 3.5 and 4.5" lift. A lot of brackets and modified stock parts. The $1600 kit you bought ends up being removed for different components when you start to out grow it.

-Dan

ROCKR8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2013, 01:34 PM   #17
brianjw
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraNovember
That is weird. What if a part goes bad, do you call them direct and request it that way or can you never get one part again? Hahaha.
No it's the stock parts that suck. The factory tie rod, track bar, drag link etc. For the AEV 3.5+ lifts, they give you a factory RHD drag link end and you drill the knuckle and itself it upside down. So it's a new end, but stock quality. The rear track bar is bent to clear the exhaust with raised roll center but again it's stock quality. Most people never change the rear track bars on their kits. I have a heavy pop-up camper top so I notice the soft rear track bar.

The 2.5" kit is a great base. If you want to upgrade things later, you're mostly just replacing old stock components.

And they replace/warranty their components. I had a shock seal blow out and AEV sent the new one. I did go through the company I bought the lift from. I have heard that you can call and order some things separately. I have emailed a few times and never got any response. Which from what I read is typical. However I called a couple times when I installed the lift (the old directions were incomplete due to changes) and I always got through and got help right away.
brianjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2013, 12:15 PM   #18
SierraNovember
2010 JK Wrangler 

So I installed my AEV 2.5 inch kit and all four Blistein shocks and steering stabilizer. It took me and two friends a total of 7 hours with a lunch break. We used common tools, the most of which was 18, 19, 20, 21mm sockets, and some bicep power. It was my first install ever and it went on easily for a rookie in my opinion. I do have two lights on now due to the steering wheel angle, which I will wait to fix until after I put the new 315/70R17 Duratracs on next week (thanks cyber Monday and 4wd.com) and my steering wheel is at the 1'oclock position which is causing the lights, which will be realigned when the new tires and wheels go on. But aside from that, the lift is more than 2.5 inches. I know it is a day old and I do not have a winch or anything heavy on the rear either, but it is closer to just over 3 inches of lift. Super Happy with the AEV on a 2010 JKUR.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.