Tell me were im going wrong! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Tell me were im going wrong!

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 06-13-2011, 08:34 PM   #1
2008jk1970
2008 JK Wrangler 

Tell me were im going wrong!

I have finally made up my mind!
3" zone suspension lift.
Zone steering stabilizer
Adjustable front track bar
17x9 M/T Classic lock in black
35" Nitto mud grapplers
5.13 gears

Sent from my DROID2 using JeepForum

2008jk1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2011, 08:36 PM   #2
2008jk1970
2008 JK Wrangler 

This is on a 2008 2 door.

Unread 06-13-2011, 08:48 PM   #3
wannahdawg
2010 JK Wrangler 

Well for starters you haven't installed it yet... Pics when you're done or it didn't happen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayres56 View Post
You didn't see my East LA JK build thread? It's where I chopped and dropped my Rubicon and put 22" chrome spinners on her... ok I just threw up in my mouth a little just thinking about that. :(
wannahdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2011, 08:52 PM   #4
Ayres56
2008 JK Wrangler 

You may regret going with Zone, I haven't heard good things about them long-term.
[FONT="Arial Narrow"][B]2008 Unlimited Rubicon [COLOR="Red"]Flame Red[/COLOR] 4.10 gears. Auto. Tow Package. 3" Synergy Lift w/ RK RRD shocks. RK front and rear bombproof track bars, RK Adj. Front LCA's. 35x12.50x17 Cooper STT's. Rugged Ridge XHD Modular Front Stubby with hoop. Smittybilt XRC-8 winch. Bed-Lined Grill mod with mesh inserts.[/B][/FONT]

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"]"A government big enough to supply you with everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have...." - Thomas Jefferson[/FONT]

[url="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/ayres56-build-thread-1199203/"]Ayres' Build[/url]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="5"]SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM[/SIZE][/FONT]
Ayres56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2011, 08:55 PM   #5
mikek3
2008 JK Wrangler 

I wouldn't say anything wrong yet... depending on how you use it, though, I might recommend adj. rear trackbar, extended brake lines (or brake line mount relocation), and (adj.) sway bar links (can move the rears to the front, and replace the rears, but I like my adjustables to make it nearly perferct!). None of these are absolutely necessary, I suppose (brake link mount relocation is cheap!), but definitely worth mentioning.

(I realize people are on a budget, but these might be things to consider as future upgrades.)
mikek3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2011, 08:55 PM   #6
wannahdawg
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
You may regret going with Zone, I haven't heard good things about them long-term.
I've heard 50/50, some people love them and some people hate them... at least he's lifting it (not saying that you lowered yours, just saying period...)

Quote:
You didn't see my East LA JK build thread? It's where I chopped and dropped my Rubicon and put 22" chrome spinners on her... ok I just threw up in my mouth a little just thinking about that. :(
Unread 06-13-2011, 09:01 PM   #7
Ayres56
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannahdawg View Post
I've heard 50/50, some people love them and some people hate them... at least he's lifting it (not saying that you lowered yours, just saying period...)
You didn't see my East LA JK build thread? It's where I chopped and dropped my Rubicon and put 22" chrome spinners on her... ok I just threw up in my mouth a little just thinking about that.
[FONT="Arial Narrow"][B]2008 Unlimited Rubicon [COLOR="Red"]Flame Red[/COLOR] 4.10 gears. Auto. Tow Package. 3" Synergy Lift w/ RK RRD shocks. RK front and rear bombproof track bars, RK Adj. Front LCA's. 35x12.50x17 Cooper STT's. Rugged Ridge XHD Modular Front Stubby with hoop. Smittybilt XRC-8 winch. Bed-Lined Grill mod with mesh inserts.[/B][/FONT]

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"]"A government big enough to supply you with everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have...." - Thomas Jefferson[/FONT]

[url="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/ayres56-build-thread-1199203/"]Ayres' Build[/url]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="5"]SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM[/SIZE][/FONT]
Unread 06-13-2011, 09:17 PM   #8
wannahdawg
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
You didn't see my East LA JK build thread? It's where I chopped and dropped my Rubicon and put 22" chrome spinners on her... ok I just threw up in my mouth a little just thinking about that.
HAHAHAHAA... that's awesome dude, i need a link to that ****... you just got quoted in my sig bro...

Quote:
Unread 06-13-2011, 09:38 PM   #9
2008jk1970
2008 JK Wrangler 

Wow...that just gave me a good idea! I'll chop it and put spinners on it and drive through Detroit! If the jeep can make it through there it can make it anywhere! LOL

Unread 06-13-2011, 09:39 PM   #10
wannahdawg
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008jk1970 View Post
Wow...that just gave me a good idea! I'll chop it and put spinners on it and drive through Detroit! If the jeep can make it through there it can make it anywhere! LOL

no balls...

Quote:
Unread 06-13-2011, 09:49 PM   #11
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

It would only be wrong if you think that your Jeep will be finished after completing that list.
Your list is a good start as long as you prepare yourself mentally for a new list as soon as this one is complete. Maybe even sooner!
Good luck and have fun!

99% of Your JK Questions will be Answered Here
JK F.A.Q./WILL IT RUB and Popular Threads

Protect Our Rights to Freedom and the Environment
Visit the EnviroBeat
JLC08JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2011, 10:03 PM   #12
2008jk1970
2008 JK Wrangler 

I already have a second list! Bumpers, winch, and mybe some more upgrades to suspension!

Unread 06-13-2011, 10:11 PM   #13
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008jk1970 View Post
I already have a second list! Bumpers, winch, and mybe some more upgrades to suspension!

Well O.K. then, Welcome to the club
I'm Jim and I'm a Jeepaholic

99% of Your JK Questions will be Answered Here
JK F.A.Q./WILL IT RUB and Popular Threads

Protect Our Rights to Freedom and the Environment
Visit the EnviroBeat
JLC08JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2011, 07:21 AM   #14
Ayres56
2008 JK Wrangler 

HAHA The sad part about that is you know there is somewhere out there that has chopped and dropped and chromed out a Rubicon... it's just WRONG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannahdawg View Post
HAHAHAHAA... that's awesome dude, i need a link to that ****... you just got quoted in my sig bro...

Unread 06-14-2011, 08:14 AM   #15
jstrubberg
2009 JK Wrangler 

I have exactly the same setup (other than MT tires instead of Nitto's)...and after 33,000 miles, I wouldn't change a thing.
jstrubberg is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.