Tanimal's 2008 2D JK Build Thread - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Tanimal's 2008 2D JK Build Thread

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-26-2013, 01:31 AM   #106
TWISTEDII
2008 JK Wrangler 

Nice build man. We have a ton of similarities, it's weird, lol. I bought my 08 Silver X in St Charles 3 days before you did, and mine had vinyl seat covers too, lol. I'm in Carbondale for another year or so, but if I ever get back up there, we should try getting a group together.

TWISTEDII is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2013, 11:45 AM   #107
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222 View Post
Thatís terrific customer service especially since they have no proof that you didnít cause the damage yourself while wheeling.
Agreed! Big thumbs up to Northridge and Rock Krawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy-Beast View Post
Love the jeep, looks nice! That its great Idea for the CB.
Thanks Filthy! I'll keep you posted on the trips and I need to get over and see your JK soon huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWISTEDII View Post
Nice build man. We have a ton of similarities, it's weird, lol. I bought my 08 Silver X in St Charles 3 days before you did, and mine had vinyl seat covers too, lol. I'm in Carbondale for another year or so, but if I ever get back up there, we should try getting a group together.
Thanks Twisted. That's crazy, you have vinyl covers? Mine were reupholstered by the dealer to vinyl, is that what you're talking about? You going to school out at SIU? Yeah I currently run with a couple local guys and it seems like this build thread has netted some popularity so it will be nice to meet some of you internet creepers

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2013, 12:00 PM   #108
TWISTEDII
2008 JK Wrangler 

I dunno if they are slip on covers or if they were reupholstered, but they look just like yours.

And yeah, at SIU for another year. My fiance is getting a Masters Degree here, so I'm just along for the ride, lol
Unread 01-26-2013, 12:12 PM   #109
Tanimal

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWISTEDII View Post
I dunno if they are slip on covers or if they were reupholstered, but they look just like yours.

And yeah, at SIU for another year. My fiance is getting a Masters Degree here, so I'm just along for the ride, lol
Those are them! Haha, yeah I was told they were reupholstered to vinyl. That's funny they look exactly the same. If you haven't gotten them dirty yet they are so easy to clean too.

Unread 01-26-2013, 01:41 PM   #110
TWISTEDII
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanimal View Post
Those are them! Haha, yeah I was told they were reupholstered to vinyl. That's funny they look exactly the same. If you haven't gotten them dirty yet they are so easy to clean too.
Haha, good thing I didn't try to take them off or anything, lol. And yes, they clean up very easily. Went to the Cliffs after doing my lift and tires and they got some mud on them. Maybe we should check with each other before doing mods to make sure we don't build identical Jeeps, lol.
Unread 01-27-2013, 07:46 PM   #111
labbayk
2012 JK Wrangler 

Tanimal's Build is the baddest. I have to haul *** and catch up. Thanks for the inspiration and I promise not to copy your sweet vinyl seats haha. Now back to creeping on your build thread in detail this time.
and when you wanted blood i cut my veins
and when you wanted love i bled myself again [/FONT]

[FONT="Arial Narrow"][B]then a vision came to me
when you came along
i gave you everything but then you wanted more[/B]
[/FONT]
I am a slave to grunge \m/
labbayk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2013, 05:03 PM   #112
Tanimal

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by labbayk View Post
Tanimal's Build is the baddest. I have to haul *** and catch up. Thanks for the inspiration and I promise not to copy your sweet vinyl seats haha. Now back to creeping on your build thread in detail this time.
Haha thanks Labbayk, you can copy what you'd like and I'll let it slide. Hope to see you at the Badlands 2/23.

Thedirtman, I saw you creeping here earlier and I shot you a message and hope to see you down there also.

Unread 01-28-2013, 05:16 PM   #113
Walle
Soccer Mom and Jeep Hater

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Looks like the powder coating on one of my Rock Krawler control arms isn't bonding well at all. Snapped a picture before I scraped it off and sprayed it with rustoleum rust reformer. Shot Northridge4x4 an email just bringing it to their attention just so Northridge could inform Rock Krawler if they had a bad batch go out or something. A couple days later a new control arm was at my door, got to love Northridge's customer service and that lifetime warranty from Rock Krawler
Glad to see they have improved their customer service!

Anyways, looking great man!
Walle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2013, 06:55 PM   #114
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

great to hear they fixed everything. thought id stop by since you were nice enough to stop by my thread.
awinski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2013, 11:49 PM   #115
Tanimal

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walle View Post
Glad to see they have improved their customer service!

Anyways, looking great man!
Thanks Walle, just saw your update on your build thread and awaiting pics patiently

Quote:
Originally Posted by awinski View Post
great to hear they fixed everything. thought id stop by since you were nice enough to stop by my thread.
Def man! Thanks for dropping in and yes very happy with RK.

Unread 01-29-2013, 01:46 PM   #116
xflstl
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I'll def let you know when we book the trip or at least the dates that are up in the air..We were browsing around for a nice big trailer to load up both Jeeps with and tow them on down so everything isn't set in stone but it's definitely in the works. We were also looking into renting a cabin and the last I remember is it sleeps 4 and was around 700 for 7 days but I could be wrong on those numbers. Thanks for dropping by!
Group of us going out to Moab in late May, meet us there!!!!! :-) Great build Sir...
xflstl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2013, 01:53 PM   #117
Tanimal

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xflstl View Post
Group of us going out to Moab in late May, meet us there!!!!! :-) Great build Sir...
Really?! May what? Because that's when we were thinking about going like around the 23rd. Also where are you folks staying? I'm really interested in meeting up considering this will be mine and my fathers first run. Thanks for the compliment!

Unread 01-29-2013, 01:57 PM   #118
xflstl
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Really?! May what? Because that's when we were thinking about going like around the 23rd. Also where are you folks staying? I'm really interested in meeting up considering this will be mine and my fathers first run. Thanks for the compliment!
We are getting a condo, will be like 7 to 9 of us sharing it, about 3 to 5 Jeeps, looking at checking in on the 25th and checking out the 1st of June... You would be more than welcome to Wheel with us, but I am guess our Lodging is full... There are a ton of great places to rent or camp at, with 8 of us last year it only cost us 147.00 per head for the week..
xflstl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2013, 02:08 PM   #119
Tanimal

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xflstl View Post
We are getting a condo, will be like 7 to 9 of us sharing it, about 3 to 5 Jeeps, looking at checking in on the 25th and checking out the 1st of June... You would be more than welcome to Wheel with us, but I am guess our Lodging is full... There are a ton of great places to rent or camp at, with 8 of us last year it only cost us 147.00 per head for the week..
I'll def keep you posted. Appreciate the invite and advice

Unread 02-03-2013, 03:16 PM   #120
BlueTeeJay

Must have updates....
BlueTeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
monstaliner , poison spyder , rock krawler , rugged ridge snorkel , teraflex tire carrier

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.