Tanimal's 2008 2D JK Build Thread - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Tanimal's 2008 2D JK Build Thread

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 01-09-2013, 09:42 PM   #91
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222 View Post
I had to replace the front driveshaft on my ’08 also because it was throwing grease out too. Luckily I had no problem the pinion seal or vibrations.

I saw the snorkel that you just installed first hand at the 2012 SEMA show and was very impressed with it, good choice.

Your Jeep just keeps getting better and better.
Yeah glad I caught it because it was on its way out pretty soon and the Coast drive shaft was really straight forward. And after doing the install on the snorkel I like it even more just because it seemed like everything was very well thought out. Thanks for dropping in !

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2013, 10:01 PM   #92
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

I was never a fan of snorkels but after seeing that one I changed my mind. I really like how the box sits in the cowl area and the looks of it is more of a factory look for lack of better words. One day I hope to be able to add one to my Jeep too.
1222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2013, 07:22 PM   #93
Tanimal

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222 View Post
I was never a fan of snorkels but after seeing that one I changed my mind. I really like how the box sits in the cowl area and the looks of it is more of a factory look for lack of better words. One day I hope to be able to add one to my Jeep too.
Also if it helps I just drove 25min through some light/medium rain and half of it was on the highway. I get home and go to empty the drain valve for the snorkel and I didn't have a drip come out. Pretty excited and that gives me some peace of mind in heavy rain/snow. You should just bite the bullet, got it for $287 shipped!

Unread 01-11-2013, 12:38 AM   #94
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

I really would if I could but the lights for my roof rack set me back a couple grand and I still have more work to do on it.

When I recover from my roof rack build Iíll be able to get that snorkel; itís on my list. Nice to know that it works as advertised.
Unread 01-22-2013, 08:41 AM   #95
Tanimal

2008 JK Wrangler 

Hmm, I think my rear drive shaft is going. Getting some clunk/tick in the pedal and just replaced the front . Or brand new U-Joint?! blah, was also told it could be my pinion angle on the new drive shaft.

Unread 01-24-2013, 03:42 PM   #96
Tanimal

2008 JK Wrangler 

Looks like the powder coating on one of my Rock Krawler control arms isn't bonding well at all. Snapped a picture before I scraped it off and sprayed it with rustoleum rust reformer. Shot Northridge4x4 an email just bringing it to their attention just so Northridge could inform Rock Krawler if they had a bad batch go out or something. A couple days later a new control arm was at my door, got to love Northridge's customer service and that lifetime warranty from Rock Krawler

Unread 01-24-2013, 03:44 PM   #97
Butterbuddha
Fix it till its Broke!

2010 JK Wrangler 

Ya know the paint came off my Rock Krawler front lowers also...
Unread 01-24-2013, 03:46 PM   #98
Tanimal

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbuddha View Post
Ya know the paint came off my Rock Krawler front lowers also...
My other ones are perfectly fine so that's why I shot the picture to Northridge

Unread 01-24-2013, 03:48 PM   #99
Butterbuddha
Fix it till its Broke!

2010 JK Wrangler 

Roger that, I'm sure they will hook you up right!
Unread 01-24-2013, 03:56 PM   #100
Tanimal

2008 JK Wrangler 

Also picked up this book:

My father and I are hoping to make a MOAB trip this year or next and right now we have a ton of work to do on the XJ. But the book is awesome! Saw someone suggested it on the forum and figured I'd give it a shot but it is very informative and has maps and even what your odometer will be reading when you are about to encounter a new obstacle and how to handle that obstacle.

Unread 01-24-2013, 09:27 PM   #101
442Wrangler
In like Flynn.

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanimal View Post
Also picked up this book:

My father and I are hoping to make a MOAB trip this year or next and right now we have a ton of work to do on the XJ. But the book is awesome! Saw someone suggested it on the forum and figured I'd give it a shot but it is very informative and has maps and even what your odometer will be reading when you are about to encounter a new obstacle and how to handle that obstacle.
Like the book for the areas it reccomends and the odometer reading stuff but as for the obstacle approaches I didn't read much, like to learn how to handle them best on my own.

You will love Moab, I know I did in my little ol' stock JK Rubi two summers ago on PS, Gold Bar Rim, and Golden Spike. I even three-wheeled it out after walking 14 miles in 105 degree heat. But thats a drinking story. Let me know when you leave, I live up a state but would love to caravan with you and Tominal. You seem like cool cats plus I know the Colorado trails well on the way there...

1998 TJ Sahara Sold
-3.25" RC spring lift, Eagle alloys 125s, 33x12.5x15 Cooper STTs, XRC8 winch with stock bumper mount

1994 YJ SE Sold
-4" RC spring lift, 33x12.5x15 Firestone M/Ts, Eagle alloys 125, and a 4 cylinder to boot

1960 Willys Wagon
-Going to be restored and painted Omaha Orange

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."
-Steve McQueen

Male RN Jeep Club #1
442Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 09:39 PM   #102
Tanimal

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 442Wrangler View Post
Like the book for the areas it reccomends and the odometer reading stuff but as for the obstacle approaches I didn't read much, like to learn how to handle them best on my own.

You will love Moab, I know I did in my little ol' stock JK Rubi two summers ago on PS, Gold Bar Rim, and Golden Spike. I even three-wheeled it out after walking 14 miles in 105 degree heat. But thats a drinking story. Let me know when you leave, I live up a state but would love to caravan with you and Tominal. You seem like cool cats plus I know the Colorado trails well on the way there...
I'll def let you know when we book the trip or at least the dates that are up in the air..We were browsing around for a nice big trailer to load up both Jeeps with and tow them on down so everything isn't set in stone but it's definitely in the works. We were also looking into renting a cabin and the last I remember is it sleeps 4 and was around 700 for 7 days but I could be wrong on those numbers. Thanks for dropping by!

Unread 01-25-2013, 07:16 PM   #103
442Wrangler
In like Flynn.

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I'll def let you know when we book the trip or at least the dates that are up in the air..We were browsing around for a nice big trailer to load up both Jeeps with and tow them on down so everything isn't set in stone but it's definitely in the works. We were also looking into renting a cabin and the last I remember is it sleeps 4 and was around 700 for 7 days but I could be wrong on those numbers. Thanks for dropping by!
Sounds good to me. Not too big into camping I'd guess? It's pretty cheap but if not a warm soft bed is alright with me. And let me know on the dates, I'm game as I said before!

Oh and if you need help ever I'm up near milwaukee and can drop down to lend a wrench if ya ever need it on that XJ or the JK.

1998 TJ Sahara Sold
-3.25" RC spring lift, Eagle alloys 125s, 33x12.5x15 Cooper STTs, XRC8 winch with stock bumper mount

1994 YJ SE Sold
-4" RC spring lift, 33x12.5x15 Firestone M/Ts, Eagle alloys 125, and a 4 cylinder to boot

1960 Willys Wagon
-Going to be restored and painted Omaha Orange

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."
-Steve McQueen

Male RN Jeep Club #1
442Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 07:26 PM   #104
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Looks like the powder coating on one of my Rock Krawler control arms isn't bonding well at all. Snapped a picture before I scraped it off and sprayed it with rustoleum rust reformer. Shot Northridge4x4 an email just bringing it to their attention just so Northridge could inform Rock Krawler if they had a bad batch go out or something. A couple days later a new control arm was at my door, got to love Northridge's customer service and that lifetime warranty from Rock Krawler

Thatís terrific customer service especially since they have no proof that you didnít cause the damage yourself while wheeling.
Unread 01-25-2013, 08:56 PM   #105
Filthy-Beast
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Love the jeep, looks nice! That its great Idea for the CB.

For Sale: 2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks

97 TJ: daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
98 TJ: Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
06 LJ Rubicon: mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
13 JKU Rubicon: Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monstaliner , poison spyder , rock krawler , rugged ridge snorkel , teraflex tire carrier

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.