Tanimal's 2008 2D JK Build Thread - Page 24 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Tanimal's 2008 2D JK Build Thread

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 12-31-2013, 12:00 PM   #346
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Sorry this post isn't the install of the Poison Spyder narrow fenders but I wanted to update you on some goodies I got.

Hi Lift Jack:

Also got the Hi Lift Mount for the Teraflex carrier and I mounted it up but have yet to install the Hi-Lift on it. Also undecided on if I like how the light is mounted and obviously need to paint this silver hardware:

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2013, 02:52 PM   #347
TheBoss
2012 JK Wrangler 

More goodies eh' .Can you fab up a pedestal off the Teraflex swing arm to raise the location and maybe center the light a bit ?

Oh, and when are the fenders going on?

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #690[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2014, 05:48 PM   #348
ryanryan03
2010 JK Wrangler 

Just read the whole 24 pages. Nice jeep. Very interesting.
Unread 01-01-2014, 06:08 PM   #349
MolonLabe2am
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanimal View Post
RK 2.5 max travel system and Posion Spyder front bumper:

Primed bumper:

Painted with Duplicolor bed armor, ARB D-rings, factory fog lights I picked up off the forum for the cost of shipping! :

:
How is your paint job on the bumper holding up?
Unread 01-02-2014, 03:53 PM   #350
Tanimal

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post
More goodies eh' .Can you fab up a pedestal off the Teraflex swing arm to raise the location and maybe center the light a bit ?

Oh, and when are the fenders going on?
I've been procrastinating the fenders because of the amount of time I hear it takes for the install and after reading some of the instructions I'm less than thrilled to install them but more than thrilled to see them installed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanryan03 View Post
Just read the whole 24 pages. Nice jeep. Very interesting.
Wow thats dedication, thanks! Glad you enjoyed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolonLabe2am View Post
How is your paint job on the bumper holding up?
It has held up really well, bashed it a couple times on my last off road trip so will definitely need to touch it up but I'm pretty impressed with the coating. I am very unimpressed with the cans themselves and how much they clog though.

Unread 01-02-2014, 04:40 PM   #351
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Roll on... The way to go.

Rock Krawler | TeraFlex | Synergy | Fox | Poison Spyder | Genright | Nemesis | Vector | Springtail | Goodyear | MB Wheels | Tom Woods | Dirty Dog | Superchipís | sPOD | Truck-Lite | Beer

[CENTER][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/big-blues-kentucky-blue-jku-build-thread-1435478/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]BIG BLUE'S "Kentucky Blue" JKU BUILD THREAD[/B][/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]
[COLOR="White"][CENTER]Always looking for advice![/CENTER][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"][B][CENTER][SIZE="2"]Looking to buy any JK Rubicon transfer case, except from a 12-14 auto.[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B][/COLOR]
BigBlue7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2014, 03:43 PM   #352
Tanimal

2008 JK Wrangler 

BIG THANKS TO QUADRATEC.COM AND FACTOR 55!!!!

Just a quick update for you all. I got really lucky and won the contest through Quadratec on their Facebook page for some Factor 55 goodies! I got to choose between a ProLink loaded or the new FlatLink. Also it included their a Hitchlink, their beefy aluminum hawse fairlead, 2 Winch Locks, and some stickers! Here you go:

I went with the ProLink loaded:

Install was a breeze and I can't say enough good things when it comes to the quality and the craftsmanship of these products. I can't wait to use them now.

Unread 01-16-2014, 05:05 PM   #353
TheBoss
2012 JK Wrangler 

Damn, nice score!

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #690[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2014, 10:44 PM   #354
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Very nice! Congrats man!

Rock Krawler | TeraFlex | Synergy | Fox | Poison Spyder | Genright | Nemesis | Vector | Springtail | Goodyear | MB Wheels | Tom Woods | Dirty Dog | Superchipís | sPOD | Truck-Lite | Beer

[CENTER][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/big-blues-kentucky-blue-jku-build-thread-1435478/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]BIG BLUE'S "Kentucky Blue" JKU BUILD THREAD[/B][/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]
[COLOR="White"][CENTER]Always looking for advice![/CENTER][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"][B][CENTER][SIZE="2"]Looking to buy any JK Rubicon transfer case, except from a 12-14 auto.[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B][/COLOR]
BigBlue7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2014, 08:30 AM   #355
BlkOpsRubi

2011 JK Wrangler 

Nice updates ... looking forward to seeing the fenders installed.
BlkOpsRubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2014, 03:11 PM   #356
mrwhipple
2012 JK Wrangler 

Lucky man.
Unread 01-17-2014, 07:52 PM   #357
Tanimal

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post
Damn, nice score!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue7 View Post
Very nice! Congrats man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkOpsRubi View Post
Nice updates ... looking forward to seeing the fenders installed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwhipple View Post
Lucky man.
and thanks for dropping in !

Unread 01-27-2014, 11:17 AM   #358
442Wrangler
In like Flynn.

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

Quote:

I always love seeing the progression pictures in a thread. And I think you may pull off JKOTM, so good luck again. Come on and slap those fenders on already, don't make me come down there to FIBland and do it for you.

1998 TJ Sahara Sold
-3.25" RC spring lift, Eagle alloys 125s, 33x12.5x15 Cooper STTs, XRC8 winch with stock bumper mount

1994 YJ SE Sold
-4" RC spring lift, 33x12.5x15 Firestone M/Ts, Eagle alloys 125, and a 4 cylinder to boot

1960 Willys Wagon
-Going to be restored and painted Omaha Orange

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."
-Steve McQueen

Male RN Jeep Club #1
442Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2014, 04:39 PM   #359
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

The rig is looking good, voted for ya in the JKOTM contest as well.....good luck.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2014, 09:28 AM   #360
Tanimal

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 442Wrangler View Post
I always love seeing the progression pictures in a thread. And I think you may pull off JKOTM, so good luck again. Come on and slap those fenders on already, don't make me come down there to FIBland and do it for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
The rig is looking good, voted for ya in the JKOTM contest as well.....good luck.

Thanks for the votes fellas, seems like it's going to be a nail biter but those are the best contests to watch!! I need to stop procrastinating and get those fenders on!!!

Tags
monstaliner , poison spyder , rock krawler , rugged ridge snorkel , teraflex tire carrier

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.