Tanimal's 2008 2D JK Build Thread - Page 21 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Tanimal's 2008 2D JK Build Thread

Savvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in StockSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 09-25-2013, 09:37 PM   #301
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Looks good man, definitely not a spot light for a backup light

Unread 10-28-2013, 04:14 PM   #302
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamgt View Post
Hey, awesome build!

How do you think those Olympus Pillar lights compare to the Dually's or D2's for that matter? I like what I see!
Thanks, I haven't gotten to compare them to the D2s yet but they blow the Duallys away. The quality on them is outstanding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonyJohn View Post
Looks good man, definitely not a spot light for a backup light
Thanks, yeah no more spot light

Update: I have the Teraflex tailgate hinge but now the Teraflex mount is on the way! Need to raise that tire up a bit higher for a better departure angle. Stay tuned

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-03-2013, 05:12 PM   #303
Tanimal

2008 JK Wrangler 

Got the Teraflex adjustable mount for my birthday! Hopefully install pictures soon.

Unread 11-03-2013, 05:34 PM   #304
TheBoss
2012 JK Wrangler 

Wtf , another teaser picture!

When you install it can you take one from the side. I'm interested to see how far it sticks out.

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #690[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-03-2013, 11:39 PM   #305
aznjeep

2014 WK 

Nice! You're gonna love it!!! I have the video clips from my install.. just haven't edited everything yet..
'99 TJ "L'il Pepper" (sold)
aznjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2013, 01:43 PM   #306
Tanimal

2008 JK Wrangler 

I got the Teraflex adjustable carrier installed in conjunction with my already installed Teraflex hinge mount. Really excited with the improvement over the stock carrier and all the adjustable options I have now. On with the pictures!

For part of the install you have to press the tire stud mounts into the Teraflex mount and it would have went a lot smoother if I didn't just have hand tools so this was the hardest part for me. Got creative though and it worked out:

Used a socket and a wrench as a spacer and used one of the supplied bolts to thread the studs in. It was a pain but it worked. Here's my victory photo :

As you can see I mounted the studs at the highest possible setting (for a 37inch tire) Even though I have a "35" KM2 I wanted to gain as much height as I could for a better departure angle.

Make sure you have a T20 to remove the 3rd brake light from it's housing because you'll be reusing it:

Mounted up the adjustable mount:

and slid in the actual part that you mount the spare to (this is also adjustable depth wise, so you can have it sit out from the tailgate as far as it will go or pull it in nice and tight)

I remember when I was reading into getting the adjustable mount I saw some threads with people have problems with the weld cracking. Looks like Teraflex reinforced this with some beefy gussets and also at the bottom of this picture you can kind of see how it slides and theres 2 bolts at the bottom to tighten it in the spot you choose:

All finished :

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post
Wtf , another teaser picture!

When you install it can you take one from the side. I'm interested to see how far it sticks out.
Side shot (I pulled it in as close as possible with my rims backspacing and I actually have it up against the rubber bumpstop:

My tire use to sit on my bumper and I gained 2 inches of height :

Hope you enjoyed!

Unread 11-04-2013, 07:54 PM   #307
aznjeep

2014 WK 

Nice build! I hadn't been keeping up, but just got caught up... not only did I notice my TF mount had 4 sets of holes while yours had 3, I noticed yours doesn't have the extra set for the 3rd brake light mount... how did you end up mounting your light?
'99 TJ "L'il Pepper" (sold)
aznjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2013, 08:25 PM   #308
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

haven't stopped by in a while, nice to see some work being done! love the tire carrier, nice and tucked. keep it up
awinski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2013, 10:27 PM   #309
Tanimal

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznjeep View Post
Nice build! I hadn't been keeping up, but just got caught up... not only did I notice my TF mount had 4 sets of holes while yours had 3, I noticed yours doesn't have the extra set for the 3rd brake light mount... how did you end up mounting your light?
Been getting this question a lot on various threads. In the first teaser picture above the piece of metal shaped like the Underamor logo is the bracket and I cut the 3rd brake light off the stock carrier and then that bracket mounted into the lugs on the spare and a couple bolts attach it. If that doesn't make sense I might detach it and take photos lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by awinski View Post
haven't stopped by in a while, nice to see some work being done! love the tire carrier, nice and tucked. keep it up
Thanks man !

Unread 11-05-2013, 06:31 AM   #310
TheBoss
2012 JK Wrangler 

That's a nice fit ,I like how it doesn't hang too far off the back like some other carriers. Also glad to see they added some gussets for some added strength.

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #690[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2013, 06:32 PM   #311
Tanimal

2008 JK Wrangler 

Unread 12-03-2013, 02:04 PM   #312
97tjeff
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanimal View Post
50k? I just bought my 08 with 52 - you're just breaking that thing in
97tjeff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2013, 02:12 PM   #313
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

sheesh, i might hit that next year!
awinski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2013, 06:18 PM   #314
motoguy1251
2012 JK Wrangler 

I put 60 K on my 2012 in a year. Im actively trying to run out my warranty.
motoguy1251 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2013, 06:42 PM   #315
Tanimal

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97tjeff View Post
50k? I just bought my 08 with 52 - you're just breaking that thing in
I don't want to see it grow old !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by awinski View Post
sheesh, i might hit that next year!
I try to drive as little as possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoguy1251 View Post
I put 60 K on my 2012 in a year. Im actively trying to run out my warranty.
Canceled mine a couple weeks after I made the mistake of buying it.

Tags
monstaliner , poison spyder , rock krawler , rugged ridge snorkel , teraflex tire carrier

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.