Tanimal's 2008 2D JK Build Thread - Page 20 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Tanimal's 2008 2D JK Build Thread

UCF Tax Refund Sale - Last One of the Year!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 08-14-2013, 08:38 PM   #286
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repauli1 View Post
Foxriverjeepclub.com

What scam did they pull?
Hey I know those guys! I'm part of their FB group and I'm hoping to get out on a run with them soon.

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2013, 10:26 AM   #287
Tanimal

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoguy1251 View Post
After 10K or so on my lift I think I have started to kill a sway bar joint, I traced a klunk in the front to my sway bar links. Upon unhooking one at a time i found that the driver side will not hold itself up when unhooked and also makes the clunk louder when its the only end link connected. Klunk goes away when both are disconnected. How are yours holding up?
Just seeing this now, sorry:

I thought it was a u-joint when I heard it but I have the same sound. Clunks pretty loud when connected and going over bumps and such. I think it's the joint shifting inside. Might give Northridge4x4 a call and ask or even Rock Krawler. The only other thing I can think of is after putting on my bumpers and winch I might have to readjust the links because there's some slack now with the added weight.

Unread 08-19-2013, 09:35 PM   #288
motoguy1251
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanimal View Post
Just seeing this now, sorry:

I thought it was a u-joint when I heard it but I have the same sound. Clunks pretty loud when connected and going over bumps and such. I think it's the joint shifting inside. Might give Northridge4x4 a call and ask or even Rock Krawler. The only other thing I can think of is after putting on my bumpers and winch I might have to readjust the links because there's some slack now with the added weight.
If you push on the metal above the fender just behind the hood latch i can get it to clunk fairly well. It feels loose when I have someone else rock it so i can hold the sway bar. I ordered 4 more ends, not the whole rod just then ends, at 15 bucks a piece from rock krawler. No one could tell me if this is a common issue or if i had actually installed them wrong some how. hope the new ones last a little longer. I might try to adjust them differently.
motoguy1251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 05:07 AM   #289
BlkOpsRubi

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
My passenger side door has been slightly out of alignment so I ordered some Magnitude Engineering hinge bushings (http://magnitude-engineering.com/shop/) Really happy with how these came out and it lifted my door up slightly and put it back into proper alignment.

Corroded pretty good and starting to wear down:

Magnitude bushing installed:

[/B]
Finally got caught up with your build ... you've been busy. I like where you've taken it.

Still like these bushings? We only run aftermarket doors (tube or soft) so mine are all chewed up. I desperately need some replacements.
BlkOpsRubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 06:34 AM   #290
Tanimal

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoguy1251 View Post
If you push on the metal above the fender just behind the hood latch i can get it to clunk fairly well. It feels loose when I have someone else rock it so i can hold the sway bar. I ordered 4 more ends, not the whole rod just then ends, at 15 bucks a piece from rock krawler. No one could tell me if this is a common issue or if i had actually installed them wrong some how. hope the new ones last a little longer. I might try to adjust them differently.
Let me know if the adjustment fixes it. Did Rock Krawler say anything or offer to just send new ones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkOpsRubi View Post
Finally got caught up with your build ... you've been busy. I like where you've taken it.

Still like these bushings? We only run aftermarket doors (tube or soft) so mine are all chewed up. I desperately need some replacements.
Welcome back! And thank you. Really happy with the bushings, the doors went back into alignment and they are so easy to slide in and out now because of their "self lubricating" material. I think I remember you having another Jeep in your family (2 door) and if I'm not mistaken you should just force them to split the cost with you considering they only sell bushings for a 4 door

Unread 08-20-2013, 07:10 AM   #291
BlkOpsRubi

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanimal
Welcome back! And thank you. Really happy with the bushings, the doors went back into alignment and they are so easy to slide in and out now because of their "self lubricating" material. I think I remember you having another Jeep in your family (2 door) and if I'm not mistaken you should just force them to split the cost with you considering they only sell bushings for a 4 door
Yeah, we actually have twin daughters each with a 2 door Rubi so they'll have to fight over the extra set ... they are used to that!!!
BlkOpsRubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2013, 06:22 PM   #292
motoguy1251
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Let me know if the adjustment fixes it. Did Rock Krawler say anything or offer to just send new ones?

Rock Krawler didn't say anything, and I didn't ask nor did they offer to replace them. The sway bar links are not covered by their warranty.

OK just swapped the ends out, im not convinced its just the ends though. The threaded stud that the ends attach to on the axle shows signs of wear. And thats where i feel the most play. I think the threads are getting smushed. I noticed that the JKS quick disconnects have a smooth culinder on the axle side. It may be worth looking into replacing the stud on the axle for something smooth and a tight fit to the bearing.
motoguy1251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2013, 04:24 PM   #293
Tanimal

2008 JK Wrangler 

Got my "surprise" I was telling you guys about in the mail recently and dragged my feet on installing it. Now after running them for a couple days I got time to snap some pictures and tell you all what I think. I got some pillar lights from www.olympusoffroad.com, really couldn't beat the price at $125 +shipping AND they threw in some rock lights which I haven't gotten around to installing yet. I am extremely impressed by the quality and light output out of these little guys......Also who says you can't run a pillar light with the Rugged Ridge Hi-Mount snorkel? On to the pictures!

Big shout out to Brandon1024 for fabbing up a custom mount for the pillar light on the Rugged Ridge snorkel:

The one on the snorkel sits slightly higher than the drivers side light but I still really like this setup:

Sexy mount:

Switches from Radioshack for $4 each:

I'll be uploading pictures soon of the light output when the sun drops and I remember to snap pictures

Unread 08-25-2013, 10:59 PM   #294
Tanimal

2008 JK Wrangler 

Really happy with the light output and the lights in general so I got in contact with Olympus Off Road to see if there was anything I could do for them to gain exposure. Fortunately, it was suggested that I do what I normally do and post to forums! Basically they want to keep track of how much exposure the forums could give them. So if these posts have helped anyone make a decision and pull the trigger on the lights please enter the coupon code "mrbright" at www.olympusoffroad.com , I referred you to them, it helps them know more details about where sales come from.

On to the pictures:

Just the pillar lights:

Pillar lights and headlights:

Just the headlights:

Brights:

Just pillars:

Different backdrop now.

Headlights:

Headlights/pillar lights:

Brights/pillar lights:

I hope you liked the pictures! Thanks for dropping in

Unread 09-02-2013, 05:11 PM   #295
Tanimal

2008 JK Wrangler 

Bought a Rigid Industries Dually for $40 from a buddy for a backup light. Got some time to get the light wired up to the other switch I had initially mounted on my A-pillar. After running the Olympus pillars for some time now and comparing to the Rigid I am definitely not impressed with the Rigid and will be selling it ASAP for what I bought it for and wiring in an Olympus pod. I really like where it is mounted and I'm glad this Teraflex hinge has these additional bolt holes to accept whatever crazy idea(s) I think up.

When I fully open the tailgate it clears the taillight. BARELY:

Also the bracket barely clears the Teraflex hinge:

But it works! I'll get some light output photos sometime soon.

Unread 09-02-2013, 08:03 PM   #296
Filthy-Beast
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Nice looking lights, clever mount for the snorkel.

For Sale: 2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks

97 TJ: daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
98 TJ: Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
06 LJ Rubicon: mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
13 JKU Rubicon: Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2013, 08:43 PM   #297
deftones07
2011 JK Wrangler 

Nice build!

20?? ?? 2 Door Stick Rubi Diesel - Next;)
deftones07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2013, 03:40 PM   #298
Tanimal

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy-Beast View Post
Nice looking lights, clever mount for the snorkel.
Thanks and yeah I'm really happy with how the mount came out. Now I don't have to worry about having to choose between pillar lights and the hi mount snorkel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deftones07 View Post
Nice build!
Thanks! Also thanks for dropping in.

Unread 09-15-2013, 11:16 PM   #299
Tanimal

2008 JK Wrangler 

I've been so busy but as promised here is the light output on the Rigid Industries Dually that I had mounted for a rear backup light. Sorry it isn't the best picture:

I think I wasn't very impressed with it as a backup light because it looks to be a "spot" pattern. I've replaced it with Olympus Off Road's 1 LED pod light that is flood/spot combo and it surprisingly throws more light off to the sides and that's what I needed as a backup light. I want to try that "diffused" pattern though:

That's what it looks like. I'll get some pictures of it mounted on the Teraflex carrier and light output. Sorry not a ton of pictures but it's late and I'm exhausted.

Unread 09-25-2013, 07:33 PM   #300
dreamgt
2013 JK Wrangler 

Hey, awesome build!

How do you think those Olympus Pillar lights compare to the Dually's or D2's for that matter? I like what I see!
dreamgt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monstaliner , poison spyder , rock krawler , rugged ridge snorkel , teraflex tire carrier

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.