Tanimal's 2008 2D JK Build Thread - Page 16 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Tanimal's 2008 2D JK Build Thread

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 05-26-2013, 07:10 PM   #226
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post
How are you liking the OME ss ? I'm looking to replace my Bilstein for one that doesn't push the the wheels to the left , or doesn't leak like every Teraflex unit I've bought.
Absolutely love it so far. Keeps everything tight but doesn't push me to one side or the other and I really like the relocation bracket because this should be the last one I'll ever buy because it's up and out of the way. My biggest problem with it so far is that it was YELLOW! Also I thought the instructions were pretty crappy but it was manageable.

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2013, 07:31 PM   #227
TheBoss
2012 JK Wrangler 

Cool, it's on the short list now.

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #690[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2013, 06:36 PM   #228
Tanimal

2008 JK Wrangler 

Safari Straps installed!

Unread 06-08-2013, 08:57 PM   #229
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

I like those, makes for a cool looking Jeep. Your Jeep as a whole looks great the way you have it; black and silver, the decals and of course the safari straps.
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2013, 09:21 PM   #230
Tanimal

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222 View Post
I like those, makes for a cool looking Jeep. Your Jeep as a whole looks great the way you have it; black and silver, the decals and of course the safari straps.
Thanks 1222 you're very pretty too

Unread 06-08-2013, 09:27 PM   #231
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanimal View Post
Thanks 1222 you're very pretty too
Wish I could say the same for you but hey, if it werenít for me there wouldnít be any ugly people in the world.
Unread 06-09-2013, 04:49 PM   #232
Tanimal

2008 JK Wrangler 

Didn't get to the trails this weekend but had some fun with the Jeep and some yard work :

Unread 06-09-2013, 06:00 PM   #233
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

That reminds me of the days when I was a kid and pushed a lawn mower around asking people if they wanted their lawns mowed.

I need extra cash since Iím a Jeep owner and could go door to door asking people if they need any stumps removed. I just need to figure out what to charge.

Anyhow all kidding aside, thanks for the memories and cool pic.
Unread 06-10-2013, 04:57 PM   #234
RainmanEOD
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanimal
Safari Straps installed!

Do you have much road noise with them? Like them flapping around when driving?
RainmanEOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2013, 05:18 PM   #235
Tanimal

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222 View Post
That reminds me of the days when I was a kid and pushed a lawn mower around asking people if they wanted their lawns mowed.

I need extra cash since Iím a Jeep owner and could go door to door asking people if they need any stumps removed. I just need to figure out what to charge.

Anyhow all kidding aside, thanks for the memories and cool pic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainmanEOD View Post
Do you have much road noise with them? Like them flapping around when driving?
I have absolutely no road noise. They are very tight and I've been running my Jeep just how you saw it in the picture above: freedom panels, doors, no back top and Safari Straps. Rain or shine and I love it!

Unread 06-10-2013, 07:26 PM   #236
TheBoss
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanimal View Post

I have absolutely no road noise. They are very tight and I've been running my Jeep just how you saw it in the picture above: freedom panels, doors, no back top and Safari Straps. Rain or shine and I love it!
That's how I roll too! Just remember to pull ALL the drain plugs. I forgot about the ones under the front mats two weekends ago, doh!

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #690[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
Unread 06-10-2013, 09:41 PM   #237
Tanimal

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post
That's how I roll too! Just remember to pull ALL the drain plugs. I forgot about the ones under the front mats two weekends ago, doh!
Been getting a decent amount of funny looks as it's raining

Update: Will hopefully be scooping some new tires soon to replace my slicks!

Unread 06-14-2013, 07:24 PM   #238
Tanimal

2008 JK Wrangler 

My buddy found a great craigslist deal on some 35x12.5R17 BFG KM2s with 90-95% tread on 4 and 100% tread on the spare so I finally got my old KM2s off (slicks) and got these installed today and couldn't be happier.

I also realized that this picture is hypocritical because I have my hard top on when I said I drive with it all summer and I did put the top back on for a "Tornado Warning" but it is back off!

Unread 06-15-2013, 05:43 AM   #239
TheBoss
2012 JK Wrangler 

Nice score on the tires!

Unread 06-15-2013, 12:23 PM   #240
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

I just had to replace my KM2s a couple of months ago. I think they are a great tire and have been running them for the last 5-6 years. They actually handle pretty good on wet streets besides off road.

Tags
monstaliner , poison spyder , rock krawler , rugged ridge snorkel , teraflex tire carrier

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.