Tanimal's 2008 2D JK Build Thread - Page 14 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Tanimal's 2008 2D JK Build Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 04-17-2013, 11:24 AM   #196
Walle
Soccer Mom and Jeep Hater

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanimal View Post
Yeah kind of mad I sold the 4 door ones I had and didn't just hack them to fit mine. I did see the ACE fenders in action on someone else's rig and I watched them take a beating and was very impressed with them.
It is nice knowing when you are in a situation that requires the use of your fenders, you can count on them. A little rattle can in the garage covers up the battle wounds.

Walle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2013, 09:16 PM   #197
TWISTEDII
2008 JK Wrangler 

Lookin good man. We'll hafta hit the trails sometime this summer. I started a build thread (Check my sig) if you wanted to check out my Jeep.
Unread 04-18-2013, 09:39 AM   #198
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Enjoy the videos and don't mind me thinking I would flip during axle breaker...anytime I three wheel it makes me cringe.

Splashing around (Dirt bikes exhaust not mine!):

Rock Garden:

Axle Breaker:

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2013, 11:06 AM   #199
442Wrangler
In like Flynn.

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Enjoy the videos and don't mind me thinking I would flip during axle breaker...anytime I three wheel it makes me cringe.
Hahaha. Better get used to the feeling. Moab is a lot of that depending on how hard you want to go.

Like the videos, new places I don't remember down there.

New axle breaker music.

1998 TJ Sahara Sold
-3.25" RC spring lift, Eagle alloys 125s, 33x12.5x15 Cooper STTs, XRC8 winch with stock bumper mount

1994 YJ SE Sold
-4" RC spring lift, 33x12.5x15 Firestone M/Ts, Eagle alloys 125, and a 4 cylinder to boot

1960 Willys Wagon
-Going to be restored and painted Omaha Orange

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."
-Steve McQueen

Male RN Jeep Club #1
442Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2013, 10:54 AM   #200
Tanimal

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 442Wrangler View Post
Hahaha. Better get used to the feeling. Moab is a lot of that depending on how hard you want to go.

Like the videos, new places I don't remember down there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWISTEDII View Post
Lookin good man. We'll hafta hit the trails sometime this summer. I started a build thread (Check my sig) if you wanted to check out my Jeep.
Checked it and commented!

Unread 05-08-2013, 08:35 PM   #201
Tanimal

2008 JK Wrangler 

When I was on my last wheeling trip I was having issues with that thin CB antenna bracket I made. It was bending and in time will break off so I had a buddy make something for me out of 1/4 steel he had laying around the shop. I don't think this thing will ever break:

Also I have a Synergy tie rod and Engo 9k synthetic winch sitting in my living room. Now I have to find the time to install it! Stay tuned!

Unread 05-08-2013, 08:49 PM   #202
Filthy-Beast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Also I have a Synergy tie rod and Engo 9k synthetic winch sitting in my living room. Now I have to find the time to install it! Stay tuned!
You have 9 days till the Badlands

[COLOR="red"][B]For Sale:[/B][/COLOR] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f129/jk-4dr-black-painted-hard-top-1000-a-1541186/"][COLOR="Blue"]2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top[/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f127/jkur-18-59-springs-shocks-1557427/"][COLOR="Purple"]JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks[/COLOR][/URL]

[SIZE="1"][B]97 TJ:[/B] daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
[B]98 TJ:[/B] Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
[B]06 LJ Rubicon:[/B] mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
[B]13 JKU Rubicon:[/B] Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs[/SIZE]
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2013, 05:52 AM   #203
Tanimal

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy-Beast View Post
You have 9 days till the Badlands

Unread 05-10-2013, 09:07 AM   #204
GIJOE1914
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Are you going to JEEP FEST @ The Cliffs in July?
GIJOE1914 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2013, 10:52 AM   #205
Filthy-Beast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIJOE1914 View Post

Checking with the Social Director to make sure we are open that weekend.

[COLOR="red"][B]For Sale:[/B][/COLOR] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f129/jk-4dr-black-painted-hard-top-1000-a-1541186/"][COLOR="Blue"]2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top[/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f127/jkur-18-59-springs-shocks-1557427/"][COLOR="Purple"]JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks[/COLOR][/URL]

[B]06 LJ Rubicon:[/B] mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
[B]13 JKU Rubicon:[/B] Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs[/SIZE]
Unread 05-10-2013, 02:13 PM   #206
Tanimal

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIJOE1914 View Post
Are you talking about Cliffs 2nd Annual Jeep thing? If so I'll be volunteering as a trail guide.

Unread 05-10-2013, 02:52 PM   #207
Filthy-Beast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Are you talking about Cliffs 2nd Annual Jeep thing? If so I'll be volunteering as a trail guide.
All right, what trail?

Unread 05-10-2013, 03:00 PM   #208
Tanimal

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy-Beast View Post
All right, what trail?
Haven't been assigned one yet and the email I just read looks like they're cutting some new trails and hoping they'll all be done by June 1

Unread 05-14-2013, 07:38 PM   #209
Tanimal

2008 JK Wrangler 

THIS WAS MY 1,000TH POST!!

Got my Synergy Tie Rod installed today and I am very pleased with it. The install took about an hour and I am toed in 1/8 of an inch and it drives perfectly. I absolutely LOVED how I could adjust the toe with the tie rod completely on the Jeep and how it came with the TREs over the Rock Krawler Tie Rod.

Here's a side by side of the stock tie rod and the Synergy:

1 ton ends:

Installed on the Jeep (Sorry about the blur):

Unread 05-14-2013, 07:48 PM   #210
Filthy-Beast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Haven't been assigned one yet and the email I just read looks like they're cutting some new trails and hoping they'll all be done by June 1
I signed up for the whole weekend, it'll be a blast.

Quote:
Got my Synergy Tie Rod installed today and I am very pleased with it. The install took about an hour and I am toed in 1/8 of an inch and it drives perfectly. I absolutely LOVED how I could adjust the toe with the tie rod completely on the Jeep and how it came with the TREs over the Rock Krawler Tie Rod.
On my future mod list, how's the diff clearance?

Tags
monstaliner , poison spyder , rock krawler , rugged ridge snorkel , teraflex tire carrier

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.