Tanimal's 2008 2D JK Build Thread - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Tanimal's 2008 2D JK Build Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 02-09-2013, 07:40 AM   #136
TheBoss
2012 JK Wrangler 

Cool, good to know. I guess I'll put that on the everchanging and growing list of want items. What have you got left to do before heading out to Moab?

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #690[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2013, 09:05 AM   #137
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

glad to hear your happy with the terra carrier. seen some good reviews.
Unread 02-09-2013, 03:56 PM   #138
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post
Cool, good to know. I guess I'll put that on the everchanging and growing list of want items. What have you got left to do before heading out to Moab?
First I've got to book the trip, get a trailer, and get a lot of things done on the XJ Been fairly busy so the XJ is taking a lot longer then I thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awinski View Post
glad to hear your happy with the terra carrier. seen some good reviews.
Definitely!

Update: Renewed my Jeepforum membership, thank you all for the continued support throughout my build and all the helpful information all over this forum.

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2013, 01:10 AM   #139
442Wrangler
In like Flynn.

2008 JK Wrangler 

Dude way to go. Let me still know on the moab trip. Ď'm so game.

1998 TJ Sahara Sold
-3.25" RC spring lift, Eagle alloys 125s, 33x12.5x15 Cooper STTs, XRC8 winch with stock bumper mount

1994 YJ SE Sold
-4" RC spring lift, 33x12.5x15 Firestone M/Ts, Eagle alloys 125, and a 4 cylinder to boot

1960 Willys Wagon
-Going to be restored and painted Omaha Orange

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."
-Steve McQueen

Male RN Jeep Club #1
442Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2013, 10:42 AM   #140
Tanimal

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 442Wrangler View Post
Dude way to go. Let me still know on the moab trip. Ď'm so game.

Also if anyone happens to see any great deals on Warn winches please let me know! Might be volunteering as a trail guide at the Cliffs Insane Terrain for their 2nd Annual Jeep Thing on July 12th-14th/2013 and one of the requirements is to have a winch!

And here is a picture for you thread lurkers:

Unread 02-11-2013, 01:00 PM   #141
TWISTEDII
2008 JK Wrangler 

Hey man, I'll be in town (St. Charles) around the middle of March. Gonna be doing some suspension and steering stuff, also getting half doors and choppin my fenders. Would be cool to meet up for a photo shoot since our Jeeps look so similar, lol.
TWISTEDII is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2013, 03:36 PM   #142
Tanimal

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWISTEDII View Post
Hey man, I'll be in town (St. Charles) around the middle of March. Gonna be doing some suspension and steering stuff, also getting half doors and choppin my fenders. Would be cool to meet up for a photo shoot since our Jeeps look so similar, lol.
Absolutely! Also I wouldn't mind helping wrench if I have the free time and you need the help. I can message you my number if you'd like or you could honestly drop me a comment here....I'm on this forum way to often....

Unread 02-11-2013, 03:49 PM   #143
TWISTEDII
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanimal View Post
Absolutely! Also I wouldn't mind helping wrench if I have the free time and you need the help. I can message you my number if you'd like or you could honestly drop me a comment here....I'm on this forum way to often....
Cool, I'll let ya know. I'm crashing at my buddies place while I'm up there. We are doing a new HD drag link, pitman arm, JKS track bar and the northridge bolt kit, then choppin the fenders and plasti-dipping my half doors black till I can afford to paint them silver (unless I like the black door look, lol). I'll PM you when it gets a little closer, cuz knowing me, plans will change 6 times before then, lol.
TWISTEDII is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2013, 12:28 PM   #144
Tanimal

2008 JK Wrangler 

Fabbed up a CB antenna bracket:

Can lift the hatch glass without hitting it on the antenna:

Put another bolt into the carrier and zip tied the coax cable down so it doesn't rattle against the gate:

Clears the tail light when the gate is fully open with no issue at all:

Bracket and bolts cost me $7 dollars total and some time. Will also wrap the coax cable in some electrical tape when it warms up to blend it better.

Unread 02-14-2013, 12:40 PM   #145
TheBoss
2012 JK Wrangler 

Looks good though may I suggest wireloom rather than electrical tape. It won't attract dirt like the adhesive on the tape and may look nicer over time.

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #690[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2013, 01:29 PM   #146
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Looks good though may I suggest wireloom rather than electrical tape. It won't attract dirt like the adhesive on the tape and may look nicer over time.
Agreed
Mol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2013, 04:37 PM   #147
Tanimal

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mol View Post
Agreed
Thank you!

Unread 02-14-2013, 06:47 PM   #148
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Really enjoying this build, I really like the CB mount and then the back hatch bag set. Lookin good man!
Unread 02-14-2013, 10:40 PM   #149
mrwhipple
2012 JK Wrangler 

sweet looking rig.
Unread 02-16-2013, 02:00 PM   #150
Tanimal

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonyJohn View Post
Really enjoying this build, I really like the CB mount and then the back hatch bag set. Lookin good man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwhipple View Post
sweet looking rig.
Thanks for dropping in MoonyJohn and mrwhipple, glad you enjoyed the build. MoonyJohn, the CB radio always seems to be something everyone likes and I hope it gave people a clever idea.

Tags
monstaliner , poison spyder , rock krawler , rugged ridge snorkel , teraflex tire carrier

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.