Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
82K views 408 replies 58 participants last post by  Jeepjkfan 
#1 ·
Please feel free to reply to this thread! I love hearing if this build thread has inspired you. Especially considering my mechanical knowledge was next to none when I purchased this Jeep!

Hello all and welcome to my build thread! Here's a picture on day one when I just picked it up. (1-23-2012...girlfriend's birthday :) )

Decided to do the easy mod, new homemade grill!

Before:

During:

After:

Took it offroad and tore the wheels and hub caps up pretty good so just painted them black with the rattle can:

Tossed on my first "big mod" ACE rock sliders! Love them!

Picked up a set of Moutain Edition takeoffs with the mineral gray wheels for $450 bucks for all 5! :

During:

After:

Grabbed some more small things and did the in channel wind guards and the black gas tank cap:

Ripped the top off finally :

Installed a CB radio, went with the Uniden Pro 520xl and you'll love where I mounted it! :

Firestik antenna:

Made my own bracket for the antenna mount for $3 dollars..:

Badged my Jeep, "RUBICONNED" and pealed that "X" logo off and also blacked my markers out with some VHT night shade and got a hardtop and sold that softtop for good:

Painted the inside of my hardtop black! Krylon Fushion made for Plastic, used Satin and it came out awesome:

Also if you noticed those seats were reupholstered to vinyl...So easy to just whipe clean :)

Now time for the good stuff.....

See less See more
#2 ·
RK 2.5 max travel system and Posion Spyder front bumper:

Primed bumper:

Painted with Duplicolor bed armor, ARB D-rings, factory fog lights I picked up off the forum for the cost of shipping! :

Installed front bumper:

Sitting stock before the RK 2.5 :

After lift:

Still in the works....35s, diff covers, extended breather lines, snorkel, regear, lockers, rear tire carrier, raptor line the tube, and more small things I can't think of right now. Hope you enjoyed! :cheers2::2thumbsup:

#8 ·
I've got to say that's the oddest yet most awesome mounting of a CB I've ever seen, props to you for that one.

#22 ·
Nice DD yourself....

#24 ·
Do you still have the mountain edition rims? I'd be super interested in picking them up!

#31 ·
Lined the tub with Monstaliner, raised my front and rear diff breathers, bedlined
my door hinges with Duplicolor bedarmor and also painted underneath the door hinges with Monstaliners chasis saver. Also fixed my transfer case cable under the center console because the crappy plastic bushing broke so I have a permanent metal replacement in the pics below. Enjoy :thumbsup:

Monstaliner full tub pic:

Picture of the transfer case cable link fixed.

I used this for the new bushing from Autozone:

and I also used a hitch pin to keep it in place. It's pretty solid now. Got some extra parts to do the linkage on the underside of the Jeep when it decides to go.

Rear breather was extended up through the passenger side tail light and into the tub:

Front breather was pushing through the rubber grommet in the drivers side footwell:

I then ran it up the dash and the cover fits right over the top of it:

Monstaliners Chasis Saver on the underside of the door hinges:

Here's some pics of the hinges, I also did the hood hinges:

I painted over the hinges as they were attached to the door with the Duplicolor Bedarmor just to "seal" the bolts in place, I really like how they came out and don't have to worry about rust anymore.

#32 ·
My Riddler diff covers came that my GF ordered for my upcoming birthday! Here's a teaser picture for you all with them painted. Also got some Lubelockers and picked up 4 quarts of mobil 1 synthetic 75w90 gear oil. These hopefully will be installed Monday!

#33 ·
Sorry about the delay, been really busy! Here's a couple pics of my front and rear Riddler covers installed!

Rear:

Front:

Seems like the silver gets dirty fairly easy but I still like the look of it! I will be getting a tire carrier very soon...debating between the Teraflex carrier or a bumper/carrier option, hmmm! Stay tuned!

#37 ·
I don't know if you have an auto or manual. Be careful with the RK 2.5" Max Travel. I ripped the front driveshaft boot the within 20 minutes of taking it off-road, disconnected (I have an auto). I went ahead and replaced both front and rear driveshafts. The RK lifts are super-flexy!! Your rig is coming along nicely.

#42 ·
Thanks

Love the idea of painting your tops!! I need to do that, mine are dirty/greasy/scratched up from putting them back on when my hands weren't so clean.
Yeah was very easy to do and I used Krylon Fusion plastic spray paint and the stuff is awesome and sprays on nicely!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.