take it sleazy- slow build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > take it sleazy- slow build

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 06-02-2013, 04:27 PM   #1
takeitsleazy
2013 JK Wrangler 

take it sleazy- slow build

Ive wanted a wrangler for as long as I can remember, and I finally treated myself this year. Commando green, 2dr, bone stock (seems to be a hugely popular color as I look around the site). Cant afford much on military pay, but im determined to make it a moderately capable rig. Seeing as its under warranty, ill be getting my gussets welded by a certified shop, and the lift kit/wheels done by them as well (whenever Ill be able to afford that).

It is stock as I type, but I just ordered some euro head/tail light guards, grab handles, and clear turn/side markers. I also have some plastidip laying around, and will be painting my grille sometime soon.

Im looking into chopping my stock bumper into a stubby, and purchasing RCs stinger to weld onto it, because I highly doubt itll bolt on out of the box. Probably get a pair of ready to weld d-ring tabs from JCR Offroad and add those on as well; $30 is quite a deal. I'm open to more experienced guys opinions, ill add

you might notice that I already have side view mirrors- being overseas I ordered the jeep months ago, but as soon as I did I had those and an emergency top ordered; I was just too damn excited haha.

Unread 06-02-2013, 06:46 PM   #2
wilywillie
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Very nice!

How'd you get a left hand drive Jeep in East Anglia?

http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/s...earthquake.jpg
wilywillie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2013, 10:37 PM   #3
AlbertaJeeper
2013 JK Wrangler 

Looks awesome! Always good to have a Commando Green friend! I don't see many others around
AlbertaJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2013, 01:56 AM   #4
takeitsleazy
2013 JK Wrangler 

^Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilywillie View Post
Very nice!

How'd you get a left hand drive Jeep in East Anglia?
I got it through car sales on base; I couldn't wait until I got back to the states haha
Unread 06-04-2013, 08:40 AM   #5
wilywillie
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Nice! I got mine delivered to me through USAA, and drove it away for $17,800. My 6 year loan through Navy Federal is $285/mo!

http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/s...earthquake.jpg
wilywillie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2013, 11:15 AM   #6
takeitsleazy
2013 JK Wrangler 

Thats a deal! Im paying about 375 haha. But speaking of USAA, I love them! Gave em a call to add insurance to cover any mods I plan on making and they told me that im already covered. Always been happy with them, and that just adds to it.

Got those grab handles, euro front/rear guards, gussets, clear side markers and some plasti-dip that were in the mail. Heres the result!

Im debating which to get first: bumper/rock sliders, or some 33s/AEV spacer lift. I'd say the tires, but that stock bumper... I really need to make more money
Unread 06-13-2013, 01:20 PM   #7
Walle
Soccer Mom and Jeep Hater

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeitsleazy View Post
But speaking of USAA, I love them! Gave em a call to add insurance to cover any mods I plan on making and they told me that im already covered. Always been happy with them, and that just adds to it.
Not to hijack your thread (but I am going to), USAA is great, and I use them, but....they only cover a certain amount of aftermarket parts on your vehicle. I think they told me $5k, and I laughed bc I realize that isn't gonna work for me. Just something you may want to look into. Anyways....welcome to the forum!

Walle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2013, 02:52 AM   #8
takeitsleazy
2013 JK Wrangler 

$5k is still better than none! Haha. Or, having a modified vehicle that isnt covered at all

I'm getting so close to spending every penny I have on a JCR full width and matching rock sliders. I think adding a matte clear coat over their bare metal finish would be awesome. I want something different than the blacked out look. Its times like these where im glad that im single...
Unread 07-05-2013, 03:22 PM   #9
takeitsleazy
2013 JK Wrangler 

Not much progress recently; holding off on major purchases for a while, but after my tdy this month I'll have some extra cash, some of which I'll be spending on my jeep. I did, however, manage to get a great deal from a fellow JF member- a teraflex 1.75 BB. Got it for $100+shipping. I won't be going bigger than 33s, so this is the perfect height, and will give me time until I can get upgraded springs and shocks. Love that it comes with quick discos.

This weekend is supposed to be gorgeous, so I think I'm gonna try my hand at fabbing up a Jerry can holder that'll mount in from of my spare. I'll try and get some pictures. Hell, might even chop my bumper if I can get the fogs to mount
Unread 08-18-2013, 08:15 PM   #10
takeitsleazy
2013 JK Wrangler 

Little updates recently:

Had time on my hands; used matte white rustoleium on my rear diff cover and matte black grill paint on my muffler/exhaust. Waiting on 18/59 springs (currently running 13/54... oi) and rubi shocks from a member as well. Bought some quadratec floor mats in preparation for the winter.

Still debating if i want to chop the bumper, especially after coming very close to DESTROYING some little fiat that turned in front of me today. Swerved, mounted the curb and recovered, then gave him the finger. It was rather impressive on my part, at the risk of sounding like a tool haha. I was furious

Unread 08-18-2013, 08:25 PM   #11
takeitsleazy
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quick post- found these on a job and had an idea. Also dug up an old pipe bender in the shop. Well see what comes of it!

Unread 08-19-2013, 02:11 PM   #12
zjilla
Web Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

and so it begins...LMK if you need any help. feel free to stop by anytime. im in the 1st white house past the "bird in hand"pub. names barret.
www.annirlane.blogspot.com
October 2013 JK of the month
My Slowly but surely JK build thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/s...hread-1562595/
zjilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2013, 01:56 AM   #13
takeitsleazy
2013 JK Wrangler 

Hey thanks! will do
Unread 09-01-2013, 03:38 PM   #14
takeitsleazy
2013 JK Wrangler 

found a nice little playground ill have to wear out before winter comes

Unread 09-01-2013, 03:48 PM   #15
takeitsleazy
2013 JK Wrangler 

also; one of my "3 in 1" quadratec grab handles ripped at the eyelet- what a pos. last time i buy those. the quadratec floor mats, however, are great.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.