Tailgate Bar for Bestop Duster - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Tailgate Bar for Bestop Duster

Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 05-18-2007, 09:41 PM   #1
webdave

Tailgate Bar for Bestop Duster

I originally purchased my 07 2-Door with a hard top. I wanted to purchase a soft top for the summer but it looks like it will run around $1200 dollars for the kit. That is more than I can spend. As an alternative I was thinking about buying the Bestop bikini top, duster, and windjamer from Quadratec here http://www.quadratec.com/products/11180_235.htm . Installation requires a tailgate bar for jeeps without a soft top. Does anyone know where I can order this? Is this the same as Mopar part number 82209936 (Kit required to install 3 piece combniation kits on Wranglers originally manufactured with Hard-Top.)

As a side note has anyone used the above combination before? How well does it keep rain out? How would it do for an 8 hour trip on the highway?

Thanks

webdave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2007, 12:52 PM   #2
Dirt_sample

Quote:
Originally Posted by webdave
I originally purchased my 07 2-Door with a hard top. I wanted to purchase a soft top for the summer but it looks like it will run around $1200 dollars for the kit. That is more than I can spend. As an alternative I was thinking about buying the Bestop bikini top, duster, and windjamer from Quadratec here http://www.quadratec.com/products/11180_235.htm . Installation requires a tailgate bar for jeeps without a soft top. Does anyone know where I can order this? Is this the same as Mopar part number 82209936 (Kit required to install 3 piece combniation kits on Wranglers originally manufactured with Hard-Top.)

As a side note has anyone used the above combination before? How well does it keep rain out? How would it do for an 8 hour trip on the highway?

Thanks
Look on Ebay, there are people selling the complete OEM soft tops for as low a $750.00 or check the For Sale Forum.
Dirt_sample is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2007, 01:38 PM   #3
webdave

I have been checking Ebay for the past couple of days. I have only seen 4 door soft tops. I haven't seen a 2 door model yet. I'll check the for sale forum though. Thanks
webdave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2007, 10:58 AM   #4
llik1tohs1

i have a soft top but i was looking at the same 3 pieces. i just like the look. for someone that has tried these, does it do a good job at keeping the water out? anyone have pics? im also guessing that the foam padding over the rear bars is ok to get wet?
llik1tohs1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2007, 01:50 PM   #5
SaharaBlackNo1
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by webdave

Thanks
The kit which you listed also comes with door rails, which apparently help keep the rain out ( I don't think from what I've read it does as good as job as a soft top or a hard top) and help the bikini to attach better and reduce flapping. If all someone wants is the duster you can buy the tailgate bar seperately as well.

If you're getting the 3 piece combo of duster, bikini and wind jammer, I'd get the whole kit. I'm actually going to the dealer monday to pick up my plates and see if they have it in stock. Otherwise I'll just order it online. The 3 piece kit is a bit over 200 bucks I think.
SaharaBlackNo1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2007, 01:23 PM   #6
BigMark
2007 JK Wrangler 

I brought the Bikini and Duster. Unless you have the Door Surrounds that come with the soft top, you will still get wet. There is a gap between the sports bar and door. You will the need the tailgate bar, right and left retainers. I got mine at www.4x4jeepcenter.com. Door Surrounds and hardware cost $300. Better to get a soft top.
BigMark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2007, 04:52 PM   #7
SaharaBlackNo1
2007 JK Wrangler 

I originally posted that the kit comes with the door surrounds. Upon further research, I don't believe this is actually true. And in fact I cannot actually figure out what that kit DOES in fact contain. Nobody seems to know. If all it contains is the windshield adapter and the tailgate bar and the two brackets for that, it's way over priced. Anyone who knows what the kit actually contains, I'd certainly appreciate knowing.
If anyone happens to have a part number for the kit for all the door surround pieces and can post it that would be great. I have the part numbers for the individual pieces for the door surrounds and the bolts, but at one point they all came in a kit together (or perhaps just when you purchase the actual soft top they're all boxed together).
Unread 03-22-2009, 09:56 PM   #8
dirty2000tj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

"If anyone happens to have a part number for the kit for all the door surround pieces and can post it that would be great. I have the part numbers for the individual pieces for the door surrounds and the bolts, but at one point they all came in a kit together (or perhaps just when you purchase the actual soft top they're all boxed together)."

for '97-'06: http://www.quadratec.com/products/11105_50.htm
dirty2000tj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2009, 10:22 PM   #9
ten27oh4
2008 JK Wrangler 

I have the top and duster. The top only keeps you dry in a light rain. If you live in a wet climate it is not going to be good. I live in a dry climate so it is fine for the rare instances it rains. The biggest problem is the amount of water that collects on the roof. You have to get good at sweeping it off without getting it on the seats.

This is what you need for the duster - from Quadratec
TAILGATE RETAINER CHANNEL 07-08 JK LEFT 55395761AB - 11033 402
TAILGATE RETAINER CHANNEL 07-08 JK RGHT 55395760AB - 11033 403
Here's the link to the bar. http://www.quadratec.com/products/11033_401.htm
ten27oh4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2009, 12:04 AM   #10
SaharaBlackNo1
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty2000tj View Post
"If anyone happens to have a part number for the kit for all the door surround pieces and can post it that would be great. I have the part numbers for the individual pieces for the door surrounds and the bolts, but at one point they all came in a kit together (or perhaps just when you purchase the actual soft top they're all boxed together)."

for '97-'06: http://www.quadratec.com/products/11105_50.htm
Congrats on your first post! And bringing back a thread that's almost 2 years old AND posting something that doesn't even make sense or apply to a jk. Excellent start. lol
AEV: Hood, Skidplate & Bumper, jackstand and Badging Expedition One Rear Bumper,RE 4.5" Long Arm Kit,5.13s, Black Riddler Diff Covers, Hypertech Airaid CAI, PIAA 540s w/flush mounted switch, Flowmaster 40, 325/60/22 BFGs and the list goes on...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.