Tab and Slot Off-Road weld together bumper kits - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Tab and Slot Off-Road weld together bumper kits

PANDEMIC-USA 50" Double row LED LIGHT BAR!! These thiANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete The Jeep Forum Discount is ON!

Unread Today, 08:52 AM   #1
Thorwon
2007 JK Wrangler 

Tab and Slot Off-Road weld together bumper kits

I ordered a front stubby bumper kit from Tab and Slot Off-road. I found it on ebay. $119 was the opening bid price and nobody else bid so that's what I paid for it. It is the model with the lowest winch mount plate and out fog lights and I wanted to keep my factory fog lights so I used some 4.25" pipe I had and added them to the bottom of it.
The reason I wanted this bumper is it sets the winch between the frame rails so the winch doesn't interfere with air flow into the radiator. This is very important as I have a Hemi and I don't want to take any chance of it over heating.
The kit was very easy to assemble and the fit of the parts was great.
I liked it so much I also got their rear bumper kit.
I lost my pics of the front bumper assembly process but I have some pics of the rear kit on my work bench.
Please ignore my messy work area, I don't have space enough to store all the projects I have going.

front.jpg   front1.jpg   20150801_132752_resized.jpg   20150801_164644_resized.jpg   20150801_164651_resized.jpg  

20150801_164804_resized.jpg   20150801_175237_resized.jpg  
Unread Today, 10:01 AM   #2
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Very interesting, I didnít know there was such a kit like that available.

Dash mount for 2011-2015 JKís
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Today, 10:10 AM   #3
Thorwon
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222 View Post
Very interesting, I didnít know there was such a kit like that available.
I didn't know until I found them on ebay. They are a lot less expensive than anything I've found anywhere else.
Unread Today, 10:18 AM   #4
HighandLow

2010 JK Wrangler 

Very nice! I like the looks of the finished product too.
You call that shop messy?
Unread Today, 10:33 AM   #5
Thorwon
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighandLow View Post
Very nice! I like the looks of the finished product too.
You call that shop messy?
I used rustoleum bed liner to give it a textured look.
Unread Today, 10:43 AM   #6
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

I think itís a great concept. Iím sure there are lots of people out there that would love to build their own bumpers but just donít have all the necessary equipment or time to shape, cut, bend and whatnot their own. Plus save money at the same time.

Also going to a steel supply center to pick up the sheet metal and haul it home is another (big) expense assuming that you even have the means to do so.

Dash mount for 2011-2015 JKís
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.