Synergy Suspension Ball Joint Set Experience? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 43 Old 07-13-2013, 04:05 PM
SubAtomicGenius
2011 JK Wrangler 

Again, sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. However, I'm a firm believer in the one-in-ten rule: for every one person who encounters a problem with a product, chances are there are 10 (or more) people who are satisfied.

I personally installed my Synergy ball joints, greased them initially, greased after a break-in of about 1000 kms (regear break-in period), and now regularly with oil changes. I've beaten my rig offroad, she is my DD, and I've had her up in the lift and she's given me no indication of worn ball joints whatsoever.

I'll be sure to keep you posted if I encounter any problems.

I'd highly encourage all end-users of Synergy Ball joints to chime in - whether positive or negative to get a real feel about how this product is. If they are problematic - I'm sure that everyone would like to know. I've scanned the threads about the comparisons between the Synergy ball joints and the stock ones - between that and the price - that is what sold me in the past. So far so good.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 43 Old 07-13-2013, 06:04 PM
kody4
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I'm not saying synergy is junk either because I have a lot of synergy parts and they have held up very well but the ball joints to me where pretty disappointing. I did email them to see what there input is and if they will warranty them. Still waiting to hear back. I could have just got a bad batch
post #33 of 43 Old 07-13-2013, 06:16 PM
brianjw
2012 JK Wrangler 

Installed mine last November and I've put around 10k miles on them with 35s. No signs up anything loose up front (all synergy components).
Lots of hard offroad, hundreds of miles off nasty washboard, sand, snow, mud, water etc.
I greased mine on installed, frequently initially and now at least every 3k miles when I change the oil. More often if I've been in lots of water/mud or ******d the underside with a pressure washer.
post #34 of 43 Old 07-13-2013, 10:02 PM
RIP John

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kody4 View Post
my synergy ball joints failed after three months and only about 3k miles. the lowers are looser now then the oem ones ever got. my jeep is only on 35 inch tires and I grease everything on a regular basis. to be honest im pretty disappointed with them. IMO
Are you sure that they failed? You started a thread “Synergy ball joints” were I posted (post #6) to explain what you are most likely experiencing with the used Synergy’s in hand.
post #35 of 43 Old 04-02-2016, 07:53 AM
lumpster
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Garage
we just had synergy ball joints installed earlier this week. they seem very stiff, jeep lost a significant amount of return to center on the highway, and jacking up the front end off the ground, the steering wheel is still really tight to turn.

I'm not happy with them, I wish I would have looked into the teraflex ball joints.
post #36 of 43 Old 04-02-2016, 08:04 AM
JIMBOX
2008 JK Wrangler 

That's too bad-sorry-

Were they greased on installation--

No grease/no move-

Mine have been flawless for almost 5 years-

Bummer, but they've gotta be greased every 3k miles--BY HAND--not pressure lube-

Good luck

JIMBO

Yellow Jeep No. 683
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/m...10-snow027.jpg
--YA GOTTA HAVE CLASS--
post #37 of 43 Old 04-03-2016, 12:58 PM
duneslider
2007 JK Wrangler 

Jimbo, what you mean by "not by pressure lube"? Every grease gun whether hand pumped or air pumped is exerting significant pressure to push grease through a zerk and into where it needs to be?

07 JKU Wrangler
10 XK Commander Limited
post #38 of 43 Old 04-03-2016, 01:26 PM
JIMBOX
2008 JK Wrangler 

That's right, but with the hand gun you regulate the EXACT amount you'll verify by sight !

Quote:
Originally Posted by duneslider View Post
Jimbo, what you mean by "not by pressure lube"? Every grease gun whether hand pumped or air pumped is exerting significant pressure to push grease through a zerk and into where it needs to be?
Too many of our jeepers goto "JiffyLubes" to have their oil changed and then could/use the commercial grease app. guns and almost every time the BJ seal is broken--

If you doit by hand you can apply the grease "GENTLY" and watch for the seal expansion-

I think you know this-

JIMBO

Yellow Jeep No. 683
--YA GOTTA HAVE CLASS--
post #39 of 43 Old 04-04-2016, 09:57 AM
propped1
2007 JK Wrangler 

Garage
I have a set of Synergy upper and lowers that have been good for almost 4 years. Greased regularly. Never seen this thread and a lot this is from years ago, but those saying that the return to center or steering is stiffer is probably looking at improper installation. This shouldn't be a factor at all.

The Teraflex ones (unless they redesigned) lowers get in the way of larger hub U joints if you upgraded or intend to. Other than that, heard nothing but good things. The Dynatracs are rebuildable, but you can get 2 sets of synergys for the price. How often you gonna rebuild them? I evaluated all of these 4 years ago when I bought mine.

I also heard that balls are a pain in the you know what, so I had a shop professionally install instead of doing it in my driveway... make a difference? Maybe a little...

._______
/_l__[___],
l--|--|--L
-OlllllllO]
(o)_) (o)_)o-)_)
post #40 of 43 Old 04-04-2016, 12:20 PM
mrwhipple
2012 JK Wrangler 

They should break in a bit.

silver jkur
post #41 of 43 Old 04-04-2016, 02:27 PM
JIMBOX
2008 JK Wrangler 

Well, I don't think so--

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwhipple View Post
They should break in a bit.
They're a free rotating joint, just like a hip joint and MUST have lubrication--

I think the installation and final FIT is what's important--mine were free, no resistance immediately after install and with constant lube--PRIMO !

JIMBO

Yellow Jeep No. 683
--YA GOTTA HAVE CLASS--
post #42 of 43 Old 04-04-2016, 05:04 PM
mrwhipple
2012 JK Wrangler 

Over the stock ones they are a bit tighter feeling. tighter. Mine loosened up a bit after a week or so but they are a little stiffer than stock.

But then again my stock ones weren't new either when I had them replaced.

silver jkur
post #43 of 43 Old 04-05-2016, 09:18 AM Thread Starter
vgullotta
2007 JK Wrangler 

If they are stiff, something is not right. Grease them again, and if that doesn't fix it, I would take it somewhere and have someone take a look. With the front end off the ground, if it is tight to turn the wheel, there is a problem and the vehicle may not be safe.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.