Synergy Suspension Ball Joint Set Experience? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Synergy Suspension Ball Joint Set Experience?

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 10-19-2012, 05:32 PM   #16
GPV
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222 View Post
I’m suspicious of his (ylbeach) post also. If he cares to PM me and convinces me he’s legit then I’ll undelete his post. In the meantime let’s just forget this ever happened.
You deleted his post because you were suspicious? A touch heavy handed in MY opinion..........................

Glad somone had quoted him so I could read and decide for myself.

2008 Jeep JK Rubicon Unlimited (Bought for Wife)
2007 GMC 2500HD Duramax (Work Horse)
1982 Honda CB 900F Supersport
2001 Honda RC51
GPV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2012, 10:13 PM   #17
ylbeach

The post was legit!
ylbeach is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2012, 10:31 PM   #18
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Public apology!

There have been several recent first posts that have been nothing more than bashing a well-established and respected manufacturer and then the poster never replies in the thread again; in other forums on this site besides this one.

It is not my usual policy to remove said posts but I thought I would give it a try so as not to clutter up this thread with unanswered replies. I did leave the option to be PM’ed to see if in fact it was legit. I was sent a PM and will open back up the deleted post.

I apologize to all that it affected and will not delete a post like that just on an assumption on my part again. Obviously it was a bad decision on my part and again I apologize to all, especially ylbeach.
Unread 10-19-2012, 11:08 PM   #19
SubAtomicGenius
Sarcastic Fantastic

2011 JK Wrangler 

Story/circumstances still a bit suspect, though. In what way did they fail?
SubAtomicGenius is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2012, 12:02 AM   #20
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

The PM sent to me by ylbeach explaining the reason behind his first post seemed to be very convincing and detailed so I undeleted that post. I hope he will post up what was sent to me but won’t blame him if he doesn’t, especially after giving him a not so great of a welcome by me. I wish I could take it all back but of course that’s impossible.
Unread 10-20-2012, 01:06 PM   #21
PhatBasturd
Web Wheeler

1976 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ylbeach
The post was legit!
Eddie? That you?

Sent from my over priced iPhone.
PhatBasturd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2012, 03:32 PM   #22
ylbeach

Hello Jeep Forum,
I posted on here to express an honest experience with Synergy Suspension Ball Joints and their "Customer Service". Look, I also heard some good things about them or I would not have purchased them in the first place. Yes, they were installed by a expert alignment shop, especially in the Jeep community.

At this point, Dave Schlossberg, President of Synergy Suspension/Poly Performance is not working with me to reimburse the cost of a reasonable person installing, and then removing Synergy ball joints, and twice re-aligning the Jeep, for issues caused by Synergy Ball Joints. So, buyer beware...if you have problems with Synergy, tough S_ _T!

also to: SubAtomicGenius, who wrote; "Story/circumstances still a bit suspect, though. In what way did they fail?"
I am not a professional alignment mechanic, but 3 independent repair shops stated the problems are with the Synergy Ball Joints.

also to: 1222, Hey things happen, so no problem, and forgiven.... Hopefully, Synergy will come through and assist in the reimbursement. I would think that they would want to show some good customer service especially in this Jeep community forum and other off-roading and performance forums that are out there.....
ylbeach is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2012, 03:51 PM   #23
TheBoss
2012 JK Wrangler 

Sorry for your experience and troubles with the ball joints. Your post is the first negative view of anything from Poly /Synergy ,that is why I read through it. I can honestly say it has not changed my mind on installing any of their products in the future. I 've seen many a rig sporting their hard parts and fail to see the sugnificance of trashing on them in post. Can you without a doubt say they were installed correctly and greased properly?

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #690[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2012, 08:48 PM   #24
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ylbeach View Post
...also to: 1222, Hey things happen, so no problem, and forgiven...
Thank you.
Unread 10-22-2012, 09:28 PM   #25
SubAtomicGenius
Sarcastic Fantastic

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ylbeach View Post
Hello Jeep Forum,
I posted on here to express an honest experience with Synergy Suspension Ball Joints and their "Customer Service". Look, I also heard some good things about them or I would not have purchased them in the first place. Yes, they were installed by a expert alignment shop, especially in the Jeep community.

At this point, Dave Schlossberg, President of Synergy Suspension/Poly Performance is not working with me to reimburse the cost of a reasonable person installing, and then removing Synergy ball joints, and twice re-aligning the Jeep, for issues caused by Synergy Ball Joints. So, buyer beware...if you have problems with Synergy, tough S_ _T!

also to: SubAtomicGenius, who wrote; "Story/circumstances still a bit suspect, though. In what way did they fail?"
I am not a professional alignment mechanic, but 3 independent repair shops stated the problems are with the Synergy Ball Joints.

also to: 1222, Hey things happen, so no problem, and forgiven.... Hopefully, Synergy will come through and assist in the reimbursement. I would think that they would want to show some good customer service especially in this Jeep community forum and other off-roading and performance forums that are out there.....
Thanks for the explanation, that helps a lot in building a case. However, there are still unanswered questions and your claim is still just broad statement.

Just to play devil's advocate: What were your "problems?" Exactly what about the Synergy ball joints made "problems" for you? Who were the "independent repair shops" that blamed the ball joints for your "problems" and what was their diagnoses?

Fact is that ball joints in themselves are pretty basic automotive parts. It doesn't take a genius to install them right (it does take the right tools, however) and I'm not sure that much can go wrong with them out-of-the-box. The Synergy ball joints ARE different from standard OEM ball joints in that they are metal-on-metal contact (rather than OEM metal in a plastic bushing) and they absolutely REQUIRE initial and periodic greasing. To a meat-shop alignment mechanic who is used to installing 99.9% of the factory/OEM balljoints with plastic bushings (without having to grease them) - I'd imagine that it wouldn't be too far off to conclude that the important step of greasing them may have been overlooked. I would imagine that they would self-destruct in no time at all without riding on a lubricating film/deposit of grease. THEN you'd have problems. This is all just conjecture, though - I can only work with the details I've been provided with.

I'm not saying that Synergy can't have factory defects, I'm saying that it doesn't sit with me "right."

Again, to play devil's advocate, if I were to suffer a mechanical problem with my Jeep (and for a moment lets pretend that I have absolutely no mechanical aptitude, interest or knowledge) - I can probably guarantee you that I could take my rig to the dealership, A1 alignment, Canadian Tire, or the guy down the street and they would ALL tell me that my "problems" are due to some "aftermarket" part that they don't recognize. That doesn't immediately and/or necessarily make it so - nor does it make any of those repair shops dianoses credible.

In either reality, I hope you have had your "problems" resolved.

However, until more light is shed on this subject, I would also like to say to others that I highly recommend the Synergy ball joints and not to let this anomoly stray anyone from buying their products.
SubAtomicGenius is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2012, 09:35 PM   #26
pentastarguy
Web Wheeler
2012 JK Wrangler 

imho... no matter how good a company is, how great their product is, i believe it is unreasonable to think every part will be perfect every time, all the time.. every so often a bad part, or batch will get through. ybeach, welcome to the forum. the standard in the industry will dictate if a company will get involved in labor and most, regardless of the industry, do not get involved in labor. let them replace, get them installed and then send back the ones that didn't last long. who knows, after the company has a chance to inspect the parts they may help out some if they can see the part as defective. sorry you are going through this.
pentastarguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2012, 10:36 PM   #27
SoK66
2009 JK Wrangler 

I did the Dynatrac Pro Steers because at the time nothing ese was available. I'd do the Poly's now just on cost. The Dynatrac's are the bee's knees, however, will outlast the JK.
SoK66 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2013, 12:50 PM   #28
HemiTJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I have to admit, (and hate to do so) I'm not to trying bash them, but my Synergys did not last 1 year. My friends did not last 1 year. My stockers lasted longer than a year. I going to try the Alloys (yea, I know they are imports) they have a 5 yr warrantee. If they don't last, Ill bite the bullet and get the Dynatracs. I don't want to be replacing ball joints every year..
HemiTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2013, 01:17 PM   #29
VICTIM_OF_PAIN
2008 JK Wrangler 

I've had these sitting on a shelf for months now. What can be expected during the break in period?

[B]Ex - 2001 Wrangler, 2" BB, 32" BGF AT's. JKS Quicker Disconnects, Oil Pan Skid, Steering Box Skid. Hard Top, Soft Top, Safari Top, Olympic Mountaineer Rack.[/B][/COLOR]

Current - 2008 Unlimited Wrangler Rubicon. Rock Krawler Stock Mod 2.5" lift, 35x12.50x15 Cooper STT's on Pro-Comp D-Windows, Husky Floor Liners, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, Hitch mounted D-Ring, Rancho Oil Pan Skid, Rugged Ridge E-Disco Skid, and a Skid Row Evap Canister Skid plate.

[B]It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool.... than to open it and remove all doubt[/B].
VICTIM_OF_PAIN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2013, 12:33 PM   #30
kody4
2005 TJ Wrangler 

my synergy ball joints failed after three months and only about 3k miles. the lowers are looser now then the oem ones ever got. my jeep is only on 35 inch tires and I grease everything on a regular basis. to be honest im pretty disappointed with them. IMO
kody4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.