Synergy Suspension Ball Joint Set Experience? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Synergy Suspension Ball Joint Set Experience?

Metalcloak's Black Friday & Small Business Saturday SaNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 03-08-2012, 04:28 PM   #1
vgullotta
2007 JK Wrangler 

Synergy Suspension Ball Joint Set Experience?

Has anyone installed the Synergy Suspension Ball Joint set? Looking for some experience. If so, how is the handling? Lifespan? Trying to decide if I should go with the Dynatrac set or these.

quadratec.com/products/56100_3001.htm

Thanks in advance,
Vinny

Unread 03-08-2012, 05:43 PM   #2
Thean

http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...s-p-26182.html

Obviously as a rep for Poly Performance im going to tell you they are the best bang for the buck, which I honestly believe. You might take a look at the last few pages in this thread http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34227 .

Synergy ball joints take some serious abuse.
They use a cromo ball with a bronze race.
They are not rebuildable.
We have guys running these in daily driver applications with 37's & 40's but we also have a more than a few guys that use their JKs solely for offroad with similar sized tires.
We have had 99.9% positive feedback.
With exception to the break in period. The ball joints are tight on initial install & will take a few 1000 miles to break in, once broken in they will give a much tighter feel than stock & eliminate the clucking.
You will see a much longer lifespan then stock with the Synergy ball joints.
As of this point there are thousands of JK balljoints in use.

As luck would have it, we also sell the Dynatrac components,

http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...ep-p-20296.htm

They are also a very nice piece, i dont think you can go wrong with either companies product.
The Dynatracs are rebuildable.
Again i havent seen any premature failures with Dynatracs components.
The price is the only downfall.

Hope this helps!

:beer:
Thean is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2012, 05:51 PM   #3
vgullotta
2007 JK Wrangler 

Thanks, I'm actually on page 3 of that post so far and messaged a few people with the Synergy ones to see how they hold up. Found it right after posting here lol. I'm not entirely sure my OEMs are shot yet, I have serious cupping and balancing issues on my MT Baja Claws and they need to be replaced. I have some BFG KM2's sitting at 4 wheel parts right now waiting to be installed (just came in today ) so I want to get them mounted and balanced and see how the Jeep feels. I had the OEM ball joints replaced last June cause I had a serious death wobble from them, and honestly it was late July (after a Rubicon run) when the Jeep started to have a wobble again, but it's been like that for months now without getting worse, which makes me think it might not actually be a problem with the ball joints and might just be the tires themselves. Just thinking that because the wobble got progressively worse as my ball joints wore out. Although the steering feels like it has slop in it when turning even at really low speeds, which was something I experienced the last time the ball joints were going out, so I still have a feeling it is the ball joints. Just trying to do my research before I get the tires done so I know which way I'm going if I need to order them.

Thanks for the info,
Vinny
Unread 03-08-2012, 05:51 PM   #4
voodooJK
2008 JK Wrangler 

I haven't had mine in very long, but the build quality was nice. They were a huge improvement over the stockers, my old OEM lowers were looser than Charles' butt!

Colorado Jeep Club member #959

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy Wonka View Post
What you are witnessing, dear friends, is the most enormous miracle of the machine age.
voodooJK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2012, 07:15 PM   #5
DBA2GO
2008 JK Wrangler 

I have them (Synergy ones) on my JK. Great so far. But, I got 85K miles from my first OEM ball joints. So, I'm hoping these will last twice that long; then, I'll be looking for a new Jeep.
Unread 03-08-2012, 07:31 PM   #6
ArticRubi
Arrogant SOB

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodooJK View Post
I haven't had mine in very long, but the build quality was nice. They were a huge improvement over the stockers, my old OEM lowers were looser than Charles' butt!
Sounds like you need a new fish! Well on the way to total thread derailment.

I'll be installing these in my rig very soon. Looked at Dynatrac's also, cost is a bit prohibitive. I've honestly heard nothing but good things about this product.

Build Thread

Need parts? Need product advice? Contact Jason at Krawl Off-Road
ArticRubi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2012, 07:37 PM   #7
spedly
2011 JK Wrangler 

My oem balljoints started to get loose around 5k miles and were completely shot by 7k miles.( I'm not too easy on the jeep) The Synergy's have been in for 5k and they are still nice and tight.
Unread 03-08-2012, 08:58 PM   #8
SoK66
2009 JK Wrangler 

The Poly ball joints are the shiz. I have the Dynatrac Pro Steers, which was all that was available a couple years ago. Poly's may not be quite as bulletproof but they're a much better value.
SoK66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2012, 05:32 AM   #9
SlvrJK08
2008 JK Wrangler 

I put poly's in my pro-rock a couple months ago. Night and day difference from the stockers, the buil quality of them is top notch. The hold up to my abuse with the 37's so all is good in my books.
Unread 10-19-2012, 01:18 PM   #10
ylbeach

Do not recommend synergy ball joints

The Synergy Ball Joints failed after only 2 months and very few miles. Synergy will replace, but not the cost of taking them back off, or installing the new ones, or the cost of re-alignment. Buyer beware.
ylbeach is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2012, 01:32 PM   #11
KrawlOff-Road
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

WOW, that is shocking. We have never seen these fail. I will have to keep that in mind...

-Jason

Tires-FREE SHIPPING!!
KrawlOff-Road is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2012, 02:33 PM   #12
DBA2GO
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ylbeach View Post
The Synergy Ball Joints failed after only 2 months and very few miles. Synergy will replace, but not the cost of taking them back off, or installing the new ones, or the cost of re-alignment. Buyer beware.
Wow - I'm guessing that is really strange for anything of theirs to fail like that - I've had mine for almost 20K miles & I have thrashed on my Jeep this last year - no problemo on mine.

I look to Synergy / Polly Performance as the gold standard for parts. IMHO they are right on top of the products.
Unread 10-19-2012, 02:38 PM   #13
SubAtomicGenius
Sarcastic Fantastic

2011 JK Wrangler 

Can't see how they can fail - you do have to grease them on initial install - they are super beefy, especially when compared to the stock junk in plastic bushings. I just installed a set on my own and can't wait to run them out on the trail.
SubAtomicGenius is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2012, 04:09 PM   #14
222Doc
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ylbeach View Post
First post. Signed up or made an accout for this, funny.

I would just put the new joints in the tool is not that much, as for re aliment dont get taken. Put them and set the toe, with a tape. off you go.

I am about to replace our Rubi's at 12k(should have done this a few months ago) and a few to many trails, stock wont take hard use long. But this jeep too has been from Rubicon to Moab and about anything around here in Az. But then again so is my tie rod bar is in need of replacment as well, they are not cheep as well, for a cromo.

I could an a$$ and try to get Jeep to fix it. heck its about a year old. But IT is NOT thier fault. Pluss its time for sleeves, gussets and cromo axles front anyway. So yep mo money.
Unread 10-19-2012, 05:03 PM   #15
DBA2GO
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 222Doc View Post

First post. Signed up or made an accout for this, funny.
Yes - I didn't see that 1 count for the post -

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.