Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Synergy Fixed control arms

846 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  222Doc 
#1 ·
I am looking at the fixed synergy control arm for the lower front.Should I go with these for a 2.5 lift or an adjustable control arm?

#3 ·
Why would you want to buy a control arm thats been broken, even if they fixed it?
(I know that's just WRONG)... 😁
Ditto on adj. - jus be careful, some don't go as short as OEM if your trying to stay in that geometry.

#4 ·
If you're going to replace the OEM control arms, then you should go ahead with adjustable instead of fixed. But, are you sure that you need to replace them? Is your alignment off, or are you upgrading to something stronger? I installed a 2.5" lift and my alignment is fine. No reason to spend the money if you don't have to.

#5 ·
Your caster is off at 2.5". Will it work, sure in most cases. Jeep fronts can have a few things out before the main issue appears , DW. Toss in a unbalanced tire and a bit of caster lose maybe a loose part and there you go.

Another thing depending on your mechanical ability. No need to pay people to set caster. just a angle finder, mag base will do well. Same for toe, a tape measure will do... i just saved you 100$ simple stuff really. Now you cane get better arms, maybe with JJs. of the few things simple on a Jk its still the front end. even easier than a TJ to set. No inverted Y. just a straight tie rod. like a farm tractor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.