Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Synergy ball joints

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  1222 
#1 ·
Ok guys I am replacing all my steering with the poly tie rod flip draglink and reid knuckles. When I pulled my factory knuckles off last night I noticed how sloppy my new synergy ball joints felt with about 3k miles on them. They where really loose. Any suggestions thanks

#2 ·
Sloppy as in easily moved or sloppy as in the ball joint feels wore? These are greased ball joints as well, did you grease during install? I have heard of people having shops install aftermarket ball joints and the shop doesn't grease them because they are used to permanently sealed ball joints rather than the grease-able kind. In this case (like most any other): no grease = trouble.

:)

#4 ·
kody4 said:
Ya I grease everything on a regular basis but the lowers are very easy to wiggle if that makes sense they started out firm and the uppers, the shaft slides up and down about a half inch inside themselves now
I believe they are supposed to move up and down. Can't remember if the uppers or lowers are supposed to do that but I'm pretty sure one end is.

Out of curiosity, is your front axle gusseted?

#6 ·
The uppers are supposed to go straight up and down, they are designed that way but no side to side movement should be noticed. The bottoms will rotate in all directions but not up and down. When you first installed them both the uppers and lowers are stiff and a bit hard to move, that’s normal but after use they will become like you described them.
:cheers2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.