swaybar disconnect ?'s - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > swaybar disconnect ?'s

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 10-30-2006, 01:05 PM   #1
Rutcutter

swaybar disconnect ?'s

Do all the rubicons have the swaybar disconnect on them or is that something new on the 07's?

Rutcutter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2006, 01:12 PM   #2
allen150

new. ten char
allen150 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2006, 09:29 PM   #3
paultyler
Uncle Paul has spoken...

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Does anyone have a link to a site or a post that shows pictures of how the automatic disconnect works?

My Jeep in the Snow

92 YJ, 35' MTR Kevlars, Klune/Dana 20, 4.88s, SYE, Rubicon D44s w/Rubicon lockers, front and rear Alloy USA chromoly shafts with 30 spline outers, JK electric swaybar, T&T tube fenders, custom cv driveshafts, RE 4.5 XD springs, M.O.R.E. 5/8'' boomerang shackles + 2' BL, 15lb Powertank, 4.0L TB & TB spacer, ARB Snorkel, K&N filter, rear bumper and tire rack, Rancho 9000s, AtoZ Rockers, Skid-Row Engine skid plate, Teraflex Bellyup, JCR Offroad 1 Ton TieRod, rock lights, RE hand throttle, M.O.R.E. roll cage, corners, 9000lb winch with synthetic cable in-cab winch controller (12voltguy.com), Dual Blue Top Optimas with 12voltguy dual battery controller, a/c (ackits.com)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshrad View Post
This Uncle Paul guy seems to know what he's talking about.
paultyler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2006, 09:33 PM   #4
SecondTJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

only the new 07 Rubi's have the electrnic disconnects

there is a picture of them in the JK brochure, from the picture, it looks like the "motor" to disconnect them is huge, i wonder how much weight it adds

'99 Z28 M6, some goodies
'94 'Vette, A4 all stock
SecondTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2006, 09:55 PM   #5
RedRocRubi
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I've seen a fix to rotate the motor to gain more ground clearance on another fourm.but there maybe a problem with putting a winch down between the frame rails if you do this mod.
RedRocRubi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2006, 08:58 AM   #6
Poor Boy
All Around Nice Guy

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by paultyler
Does anyone have a link to a site or a post that shows pictures of how the automatic disconnect works?

i had a link of the actual mechanics of it, but i've since lost it. it works kind of like the swayloc, but there is a single joint in the middle of the sway bar, rather than one at each end.
Feed my girlfriend.

Follow my girlfriend

Brew what you drink, drink what you brew

USN Hull number 54
Poor Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2006, 09:17 AM   #7
paultyler
Uncle Paul has spoken...

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the pic. Actually I was talking about the mechanism itself. How is it attached to the swaybar. Is it an electric motor?

My Jeep in the Snow

92 YJ, 35' MTR Kevlars, Klune/Dana 20, 4.88s, SYE, Rubicon D44s w/Rubicon lockers, front and rear Alloy USA chromoly shafts with 30 spline outers, JK electric swaybar, T&T tube fenders, custom cv driveshafts, RE 4.5 XD springs, M.O.R.E. 5/8'' boomerang shackles + 2' BL, 15lb Powertank, 4.0L TB & TB spacer, ARB Snorkel, K&N filter, rear bumper and tire rack, Rancho 9000s, AtoZ Rockers, Skid-Row Engine skid plate, Teraflex Bellyup, JCR Offroad 1 Ton TieRod, rock lights, RE hand throttle, M.O.R.E. roll cage, corners, 9000lb winch with synthetic cable in-cab winch controller (12voltguy.com), Dual Blue Top Optimas with 12voltguy dual battery controller, a/c (ackits.com)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshrad View Post
This Uncle Paul guy seems to know what he's talking about.
paultyler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2006, 09:35 AM   #8
Poor Boy
All Around Nice Guy

2007 JK Wrangler 

yeah, i was teasing with the pic...
i once saw a drawing of the system, but i can't seem to find it right now. i'll look again tomorrow. from what i remember, it is electric.
Feed my girlfriend.

Follow my girlfriend

Brew what you drink, drink what you brew

USN Hull number 54
Poor Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2006, 09:42 AM   #9
03jeeper78

There's a collar that slides over the junction of the 2 halves of the sway bar, locking them together. To unlock, it slides off to one side. It's driven by an electric motor.
BSMCCEP Club Member #45
Stock: 4.0L I6:5-speed:3.07 gears:D35 with Trac-Loc:15x7 Ecco wheels:Dual Top Group
Mods: 30x9.5 BFG A-T T/A KO's:JKS Quicker disconnects:Rock-It Man rocker guards:Jeep Medic oil pan/tranny skid:Kilby steering skid:Warn D30 diff guard:C4x4 D35 diff guard:Rusty's radiator guard:Skid Row LCA skids:SilverStar headlights and fogs:Hidden Hitch class III receiver:Old Realistic 40ch CB:2' Firestik II:Arizona Rocky Road tailgate antenna mount
Next : Jeeperman rear bumper

'06 Candy Orange Honda Shadow Spirit 750
03jeeper78 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.