sway bar question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > sway bar question

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 09-06-2012, 07:17 AM   #1
jzman10
2009 JK Wrangler 

sway bar question

looking at my jeep one if the front sway bar is not there..how much will that mess up the handling of the jeep..can i go get just one sway bar or do i need to get a new set??thanks

jzman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2012, 08:12 AM   #2
GPV
2008 JK Wrangler 

Off road it will be great! On the road it will suck and might be illegal with respect to inspections.

Dissconnects are an easy fix and provide street stability and the offroad flex you are looking for.

2008 Jeep JK Rubicon Unlimited (Bought for Wife)
2007 GMC 2500HD Duramax (Work Horse)
1982 Honda CB 900F Supersport
2001 Honda RC51
GPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2012, 08:45 AM   #3
jwmbishop
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzman10 View Post
looking at my jeep one if the front sway bar is not there..how much will that mess up the handling of the jeep..can i go get just one sway bar or do i need to get a new set??thanks
I think your nomenclature is a bit off.

You have one sway bar that is connected to the axle housing with two swaybar links...

You can replace just the one missing link - but it MUST be the same length as the other side, many lifts use the stock rear sway links (longer than stock fronts) up front so be sure to measure the link you have before ordering! AND you can setup the disconnect (for off road use) at the same time for very little $$.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.