Sway bar disconnect pins? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Sway bar disconnect pins?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 09-10-2013, 04:16 PM   #1
Lenny7
2008 JK Wrangler 

Sway bar disconnect pins?

I'm about to put a teraflex leveling kit on. 2" in the front 1" in the rear on my 08 jku x. It comes with new swaybar links and I was wondering if you can make the teraflex disconnect pins work with the leveling kit sway bars?
http://www.quadratec.com/products/16191_6900.htm

Lenny7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 05:33 PM   #2
r1yoshi
1999 WJ 

Yes you can use them. Exactly what I did, I had to press out the sleeve in the sway bar end link. Worked like a charm
r1yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 06:11 PM   #3
J3PH3RY_J33P
2011 JK Wrangler 

might I be of service ? I went thru this when I first lifted via the TF leveling kit and got irate due to the old I instructions that TF sent showed the QD kit (as well as the ad in QuadraTec ) well, they finally got sick of my *****ing and sent it but sing then ( & having a recent upgrade to a more capable lift via Synergy Stage 1.5) I still tried to use the TF end links and they were the most decomposed and beat up cheap polyurethane pieces of junk ever . you will ( I mean it ) develop a popping clunk once the bushing wears even a little so just go in knowing you'll be looking for an alternative within 6-12 months if you ride it hard . I got the rough country kit and even it is better the. using the TF QD solution ; ever check out the TF demo Jeeps ? they have JKS or RE end links on those that don't have the electro disconnects .....just a helpful suggestion
Jeep On !

via iPhone JeepForum (so I'm sorry about the spelling & grammar mistakes!)
2011 JKU Sahara | 3" Synergy Suspension Levl II lift | Bilstein 5100's | Synergy Hi-mount relocation + King Racing 2.0 stabilizer (10") | RockRidge LED taillight armor kit| KCs on 3 tab lightbar |315/75r16 Cooper STT |16"x8.5" Level 8 Strike 5 |AEF CAI| Dynomax pre-axle dump| Poly Perf hood louvers|'C's gusseted | MORE engine-oil skid|
J3PH3RY_J33P is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 08:14 PM   #4
Lenny7
2008 JK Wrangler 

Hmm, I may give the pins a shot. If they don't work/last ill look into jks.
Lenny7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.