Suspension upgrade for the weight of bumper and winch - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Suspension upgrade for the weight of bumper and winch

We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplieSpartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREESPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 10-02-2012, 08:47 PM   #31
JeepCO12
2012 JK Wrangler 

Thanks I'll look at spacers some more and the Terraflex. It occurs to me that the Call of Duty version has Mopar(AEV) bumpers on it and I should look at what hey did for suspension on that set up - it might give me a starting point.

JeepCO12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2012, 08:59 AM   #32
RockHard426
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post
The Teraflex 1.5" leveling coils are a great option . No adjustable arms or track bar replacement needed. They handle the weight of the bumper and winch without sacrificing ride quality. Stock shocks can also be re-used. I ran this set up initially when we got our JKU it flexed well off road and handled nice on road.
Boss , do you have more pictures of your jeep with the Teraflex 1.5 setup ? , I have a 2013 JKUR and just put a bumper and winch on the front and was now thinking about doing the leveling coils , just curious how it looks.... Here is my front end

RockHard426 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2012, 06:40 PM   #33
TheBoss
2012 JK Wrangler 

Here are a couple that are on my phone. I have some better ones on the pc if you had something particular in mind.

forumrunner_20121006_193912.jpg

forumrunner_20121006_193958.jpg

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #690[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.