Supertop NX - What to do with side windows and arch bar when top is down? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Supertop NX - What to do with side windows and arch bar when top is down?

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion KitLJ Suspension Systems from Clayton Off Road

Unread 04-14-2013, 04:04 PM   #1
bradg33

Supertop NX - What to do with side windows and arch bar when top is down?

I made another post about the issues with my new Supertop, but I also have a practical question. What does everyone do with their side windows when the top is down? I've had a soft-top YJ and TJ in the past, but that was years ago and I don't really remember what I did with the windows. I should note that I currently have my back seat out and plan to leave it out for the indefinite future. So storing them is a little trickier anyway. They don't seem to roll-up, and I can't really just lay them flat on the floor (worried they'll blow out). Also, what do you do with the center arch support when the top is down? Just tuck it in the back? Any worries about the foam getting messed up?

2000 TJ Sport
bradg33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2013, 09:02 PM   #2
john304
2010 JK Wrangler 

As far as the arch support goes I just throw mine in the floor behind the front seats. And with my windows I just toss them between the back seat and tailgate but since you don't have rear seats so that could become tricky. I'm sure someone here has a way of doing it.

Now I need more money.
john304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2013, 09:37 PM   #3
maniacal_rick
2012 JK Wrangler 

The side windows DO roll up. I roll mine up and tuck them behind the front seats, or behind the back seat if its installed.
Unread 04-21-2013, 05:14 PM   #4
Godholio
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniacal_rick View Post
The side windows DO roll up. I roll mine up and tuck them behind the front seats, or behind the back seat if its installed.
Same here. I don't even use the arch support, so it's somewhere in the garage. If I were leaving the soft top on during the winter I'd install it.
Utah Jeep Crew #148
No powerball here? How am I supposed to finance the mods?!?
'12 Sport...miss my YJ for all the wrong reasons though
Godholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2013, 05:55 PM   #5
medijeep

1999 TJ Wrangler 

yeah, I dont use the arch support either. you could always put an adhesive strip of velcro on the back of each seat, then velcro the windows to them?
medijeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2013, 05:56 PM   #6
cyberpyrot
2012 JK Wrangler 

What in the heck is the arch support do when the windows are up the soft bows outward and does not event touch the support bar

Thought of the day
Trust people who like big butts they cannot lie...
cyberpyrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2013, 07:26 PM   #7
Godholio
2012 JK Wrangler 

The arch support goes up front to prevent water/snow from collecting and pooling above the front seats. Sunrider area.
Utah Jeep Crew #148
Unread 04-22-2013, 02:32 PM   #8
bradg33

Good to know I don't really need the arch support in during the summer months. It's garaged at home, and in a parking garage at work, so it's not going to be sitting long-term in the rain. I also have a hard-top for the winter, so snow isn't a concern.
2000 TJ Sport
bradg33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 09:56 AM   #9
Godholio
2012 JK Wrangler 

That's pretty much my situation as well. I used it once, the first time I had the top up. It could also come in handy if you have a noisy top, but mine's still nice and snug. In a few years if it loosens up I might start using it.
Utah Jeep Crew #148

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.