superchips vs. Procal - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > superchips vs. Procal

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectThanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O

Unread 03-12-2010, 10:54 PM   #61
asknight
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKBrew View Post
Installed mine today with 87 Octane tune. Initial impression is that it is a bit more peppy, but who knows.

I'll have a better idea tomorrow when I throw on my new rims and tires, and start keeping track of the data.

With the new tires and rims, I have almost an additional 200# I am pushing around vice the stockers.
That's not the way to build a fair review of a product. Run the Flashpaq for a day or two in various conditions and then you'll know what benefits you've obtained.

By flashing it today, and turning it into a dog tomorrow with 200+ additional pounds in wheels tires, you're not going to blame the Flashpaq for your complete lack of performance are you?

asknight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2010, 10:32 AM   #62
McKBrew
JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by asknight View Post
That's not the way to build a fair review of a product. Run the Flashpaq for a day or two in various conditions and then you'll know what benefits you've obtained.

By flashing it today, and turning it into a dog tomorrow with 200+ additional pounds in wheels tires, you're not going to blame the Flashpaq for your complete lack of performance are you?
I don't plan on doing that at all. I know for a fact it's going to be different. But given the choice of putting my wheels or tires on today, or waiting for a few days, I'm putting them on today.

I suppose I won't be offering much in the way of actual review, but I figured I could post some mileage figures, etc... regardless of what tires I had on.
McKBrew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2010, 11:36 PM   #63
McKBrew
JK Wrangler 

I guess what I can do is go with the stock tune for a tank of gas, and then go with a different octane tune.
Unread 03-14-2010, 07:04 PM   #64
RussK
2007 JK Wrangler 

I will probably get the flashpaq cus I do some towing for work and it has a tow setting.

I will probably run it with my stock tires. I have my new wheels off for the winter and have a couple thousand miles left on the stock ones. I should be able to get an idea of what it does.

What octane level does the tow setting require? I didn't see that on any site.
RussK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2010, 07:27 PM   #65
Slow_Lane
2010 JK Wrangler 

Procal came Friday now Sunday Put 200 miles on jeep since intall total of 1700 miles since new and live in a hilly not mountainous area. Added 255-85-16 (33x10.5)two weeks ago and averaged 10.5 mpg using cruise on new tires using cruise. Updated with procal for speed and tire pressure. Mpg improved to 12.4 and feel a noticable difference in shift on the hills. I ussually drive 55-58 mph and before procal would pull 45-48 uphills and would have to force down shifts to pull back to speed to keep up. I love it so far. I went from 7mile over on odometer to what appears to be .5 under which is as close as I could come. I do recemend and invite quesstions and will answer is I can. I paid 114.00 as said earlier in posts and that was from acme jeep which appears to be a quadratec owned company as the boxes and info came from same place as previous q tech orders.
Unread 03-14-2010, 07:52 PM   #66
mclaggan123
jeepaholic

2006 LJ Wrangler 

everyone is forgetting a good point for the flashpaq, its upgradable from the internet. the procal isnt.
mclaggan123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2010, 10:42 AM   #67
MELINHED
2007 JK Wrangler 

Sorry, I'm dumb....do you have to run higher octane gas to see any performance improvements with the Flashpaq? So ,from what I gather, the Procal will get me back somewhat to a stock feel after adding 35's (which is what I'm looking for) and, being in Colorado, the Flashpaq really won't give me much performance improvement to justify spending $300. I am right with these assumptions? I think I'm leaning toward the Procal also.
MELINHED is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2010, 10:49 AM   #68
McKBrew
JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MELINHED View Post
Sorry, I'm dumb....do you have to run higher octane gas to see any performance improvements with the Flashpaq? So ,from what I gather, the Procal will get me back somewhat to a stock feel after adding 35's (which is what I'm looking for) and, being in Colorado, the Flashpaq really won't give me much performance improvement to justify spending $300. I am right with these assumptions? I think I'm leaning toward the Procal also.
Don't honestly know. It seems like Colorado comes up often in these threads, and after seeing xtreemjeepin (Cole Ford's) videos of his JK struggling up the mountain pass, I can see what you are all dealing with there.

It would be great if someone from CO would buy a Superchips and see what it does or doesn't do.

IMO, the extra $140 or so dollars may or may not be worth it depending on what people do with it. Also look ahead to what you plan on doing to your Jeep in the future to see if any of those features will benefit you. The Superchips has some cool data logging features that might be useful.

Personally, I like the easier to use interface of the superchips and the fact that it is internet updateable.
Unread 03-15-2010, 10:52 AM   #69
PartyBarge
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaggan123 View Post
everyone is forgetting a good point for the flashpaq, its upgradable from the internet. the procal isnt.
The Procal has zero features you'd ever need to upgrade via the internet....
Unread 03-15-2010, 11:21 AM   #70
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

could the flashpaq get more features in the future because it is internet upgradeable?

My Build Thread
JK Tech
mattman8706 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2010, 11:27 AM   #71
PartyBarge
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattman8706 View Post
could the flashpaq get more features in the future because it is internet upgradeable?
Give em' a call.

Superchips, Inc.
1790 E. Airport Blvd.
Sanford, FL 32773
P: 888.227.2447
Unread 03-15-2010, 01:10 PM   #72
MrOrange
2009 JK Wrangler 

The Flashpaq already has gotten new features, like the ability to turn off the tire pressure light. Originally it would only let you lower the warning point but so many people wanted to disable it that they released it as an updateable feature.

@MELINHEAD, you need to run the correct octane fuel for the mode you chose to run. There's an 87-octane setting so you don't need to run Premium Unleaded for it. The Procal will not adjust any of the engine "tuning" to provide better performance. I'm sure the Flashpaq will still provide some improvements around in Colorado, but when you start going up in the mountains, you naturally won't see as much of those improvements since all of your enginer performance is dimished with the thinner air.
5.13 gears, ARB front locker, Currie front shafts
Bushwacker flat flares, Rubicon rails with steps added
MrOrange is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2010, 01:46 PM   #73
McKBrew
JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattman8706 View Post
Yes.

Other than the TPMS off option, I don't know what else is recent, but I imagine they will release different features as they become available.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.