Superchips - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Superchips

Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3

Unread 09-25-2013, 01:40 PM   #1
westt
2007 JK Wrangler 

Superchips

Anyone around the Dover / New Philadelphia, Ohio area that has an 07 wrangler with the Flashpaq 3875 / 3870?
I would like to feel the difference before I buy.

westt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2013, 03:53 PM   #2
toxicwaste29
2012 JK Wrangler 

Im from canton but no flashpaq. buy it and try it, if you dont like it then try returning it.
toxicwaste29 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2013, 04:05 PM   #3
JTPhoto
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Well worth the money... Anyone who says otherwise has either never tried one or never set it up properly.
2008 Black and Khaki Sahara Unlimited. Auto, Tow pkg, Dual Tops, MyGig, Trax-Lok rear diff. 3.5" Rock Krawler fr springs, rear TeraFlex 2.5 BB, 35x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on Blackrock Viper Alloys, Flex-o-lite trans cooler, Mr Grille billet grille inserts, AEV Prem Bumper ETC.. AND a Locked and Lifted Honda Foreman for when the trails get real tight
JTPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2013, 04:19 PM   #4
duneslider
2007 JK Wrangler 

So how do you properly set them up? Everyone I know that has one isn't impressed with them. I have been hesitant to buy one because riding with these guys and driving next to them I can't see or feel a difference. I am sure they would all love to know how to set it up correctly?
duneslider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2013, 04:47 PM   #5
JTPhoto
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by duneslider
So how do you properly set them up? Everyone I know that has one isn't impressed with them. I have been hesitant to buy one because riding with these guys and driving next to them I can't see or feel a difference. I am sure they would all love to know how to set it up correctly?
Biggest thing off the get go is setting throttle response. Fill the tank with 91 octane and set tuning to 91 0ctane performance tune. Don't worry your gas mileage will still be much better then the stock factory tune. Bump the speedo limiter up to max. (Don't ask, it just works). Now if this doesn't prove enough, run it for a week or 2 or at least 2 tanks of fuel so the tune sets in, then put it back stock. You will be surprised at the difference.
Now we are not talking burn the tires off difference but it will pull better. I estimate that at 30,000 klm a year it did pay for itself in fuel savings.
2008 Black and Khaki Sahara Unlimited. Auto, Tow pkg, Dual Tops, MyGig, Trax-Lok rear diff. 3.5" Rock Krawler fr springs, rear TeraFlex 2.5 BB, 35x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on Blackrock Viper Alloys, Flex-o-lite trans cooler, Mr Grille billet grille inserts, AEV Prem Bumper ETC.. AND a Locked and Lifted Honda Foreman for when the trails get real tight
Unread 09-25-2013, 04:55 PM   #6
JTPhoto
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

And.. If your friends don't like it tell them to program back to stock and run that for awhile. I find that most that don't think it makes a difference usually run the basic or mileage 87 tune and don't bother to change anything else.
Unread 09-25-2013, 06:48 PM   #7
Neo1130
2009 JK Wrangler 

There is a 30 day satisfaction guarantee if you don't like it... Try it and send it back...
Neo1130 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2013, 07:29 PM   #8
COLOUXJ
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

Im not going to comment on this because I have already stated what I think and there are certain people on this forum that do not like my thought process.

That being said, if you want one try it. Like everyone else said you can always return it and get the procal for about half the price if you want the useful features.
Mechanical Engineers Build weapons Civil Engineers build targets

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpyrot View Post
is it a plink plink kerrrrdunk? or more of a brrrrrconk doc doc miiiidge pang!!!? or is it a badonk ka donk? if it is the latter its just the normal fat *** of the JK

COLOUXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2014, 10:52 AM   #9
westt
2007 JK Wrangler 

OK, definitely better response and acceleration. The engine even sounds different under moderate acceleration.
I am keeping it. Just running 87 octane setting now.
Unread 01-29-2014, 10:56 AM   #10
COLOUXJ
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by westt View Post
OK, definitely better response and acceleration. The engine even sounds different under moderate acceleration.
I am keeping it. Just running 87 octane setting now.
Any numbers on that? Runs on a track? dyno? More than "I feel a difference"

Quote:
is it a plink plink kerrrrdunk? or more of a brrrrrconk doc doc miiiidge pang!!!? or is it a badonk ka donk? if it is the latter its just the normal fat *** of the JK

Unread 01-29-2014, 11:13 AM   #11
westt
2007 JK Wrangler 

Yep improved 0 to 60 times to less than a second, and now I am running mid 6 second ETs.

I gave Jeep Forum my opinion and like any opinion, it is my own. Take it or leave it.
Unread 01-29-2014, 11:20 AM   #12
COLOUXJ
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by westt View Post
Yep improved 0 to 60 times to less than a second, and now I am running mid 6 second ETs.

I gave Jeep Forum my opinion and like any opinion, it is my own. Take it or leave it.
I dont mean to be offensive. I am just trying to justify if I want one. But I dont purchase performance items unless I see third party testing. Superchips like to make their products look good.

Quote:

Unread 01-29-2014, 11:28 AM   #13
westt
2007 JK Wrangler 

I wishy washied it for a year. I am happy that I did it. Seat of the pants tells me something is different, no lag in throttle, acceleration is better, and the engine note is different. I have not been able to MPG check it yet, been -15 degrees here and mileage is shot anyway. There are youtube videos where a gent 0 to 60 times a JK with stock, SC, and Ripp Supercharger all back to back. He showed a 2 second pickup with SC over stock.
Unread 01-29-2014, 11:32 AM   #14
JTPhoto
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

We run 3 Jeeps and up until this year only 2 had the Superchips. There was a very noticeable difference between them, when you can compare one with and one without, side by side.
Unread 01-29-2014, 11:36 AM   #15
westt
2007 JK Wrangler 

I am stock setup with 32" tires, 2007 Auto with 4.10 gears, it ran good but it feels much better with the SC.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.