Superchip advice for JK - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Superchip advice for JK

Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Artec Holiday Sale!

Unread 08-04-2011, 03:03 PM   #16
dsjk
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenton View Post
Why doesnt it fit the 2.5l? i thought all OBD II were the same? I mean im just trying to understand why if you can use them on the 6 and 8 cylinder why not the 4 cylinder? If it can change both the 4.0 and the 5.2l it is NOT a specific tune for ONE vehicle sooo it sounds like it mainly just advances timiing a lil and when it takes away TQ management and firms up shift ppl FEEL a power increases. I know ppl who have used models that claim there only for 04 and up on there 02 and ppl who have used programmers for diesels on there gas engines. Sounds like there no major tuning going on. Sounds more like a lil advance in timing and removal of some things which is where ppl feel the "gain". Can someone explain to if and why it would not work on the 2.5l? I know what engines they claim it works with but that means nothing.

Are you serious? Yes all obd II ports are the same but the programming in the ecu can be very different based on engine, year, transmission, and so many other things. Take the 2011 model year where none of the tuner companies have cracked the code fully yet so hence why we do not have tunes for 2011's. Companies might not have tuned or cracked the 2.5 because of demand, code, $$, or I am sure there is some reasoning behind it.

Quote:
I know what engines they claim it works with but that means nothing.
Wrong, this means everything! Tuners and piggy backs only work with the models they advertise because they have the right programming for that model. Try sticking a square in a round peg and tell me how that works for you, it is the same principle when you talk about programming languages inside Jeeps.

[CENTER][URL="http://www.rockkrawler.com/?r_intro=1"][FONT="Arial Black"][B][COLOR="Black"]ROCK KRAWLER[/COLOR][/B][/FONT][/URL] [URL="http://www.4x4spod.com/"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]S-POD[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL] [URL="http://www.milemarker.com/"][FONT="Impact"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]MILE MARKER[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL]
[URL="http://www.aceengineeringandfab.com/"][FONT="Fixedsys"][B][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]A.C.E.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/FONT][/URL][/CENTER]

[QUOTE=voodooJK;11973781]Something you said after the fact exposed that part of me... like a catholic school girl normally would.[/QUOTE]
dsjk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2011, 07:09 PM   #17
Trenton

N
Trenton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2011, 07:19 PM   #18
Trenton

1st of all, no need to be a a$$, is this how everyone on this forum replies to those who have a question regarding a part?

2nd of all, i said it didnt matter what engines they listed becasue i kno ppl who have used programmers that arnt supposed to be for there vehicle and they worked fine. like i said before i used a 5.2l ram's jet chip on my 2.5l but i know jet isnt a programmer so this is why i asked. Theres alot of things that can be used on both the 4.0 and the 2.5 and i have even heard the ECU will work with both of them. soo i dont see where my question was dumb at all.

and 3rd of all, ur lil "square peg" comment was real cute "punk krawler"...clown
Unread 08-04-2011, 08:14 PM   #19
voodooJK
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul13 View Post
Hey guys, since I can't afford to regear right now I'm thinking about getting a superchip. Is it worth it? I have a 6cyl. 09 JK 3.21 standard with 33s. I don't do offroading. Thanks for all the advice.
Forget Superhip. You need to talk to dsjk. He IS Diablosport. He engineered it to lift the front wheels off the ground WHILE spinning the tires through the first 3 gears while saving over $2,000 in gas per year! He is pretty low key about it, you won't see him pushing it on the forum, so I figured I'd clue you in.

Colorado Jeep Club member #959

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy Wonka View Post
What you are witnessing, dear friends, is the most enormous miracle of the machine age.
voodooJK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2011, 08:25 PM   #20
Hankfard
2009 JK Wrangler 

Trenton
I think your question is better directed to the Superchips firm rather than to a forum of users. We can all speculate why the tuner may or may not work with a 2.5l 4-cylinder, but who are we..? Go ask Superchips (888) 227 2447 or check the superchip dot com website. It would fun to hear what they tell you.

Last edited by Hankfard; 08-04-2011 at 08:27 PM.. Reason: personalize
Hankfard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2011, 10:15 PM   #21
Trenton

Thanks hankfard, thats probaly my best bet (no offense to anyone). i just thought someone here would possibly know.
Unread 08-04-2011, 11:00 PM   #22
JTPhoto
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Actually its quite simple. The Superchips is a programmer that re-programs your Jeeps computer (ECU). This particular Superchips programmer does not contain the code to re-program your 2.5L ECU. You can plug it in but it will refuse to connect. The message it will give you is files not available for this vehicle.
A plug in Chip may be your only option.
2008 Black and Khaki Sahara Unlimited. Auto, Tow pkg, Dual Tops, MyGig, Trax-Lok rear diff. 3.5" Rock Krawler fr springs, rear TeraFlex 2.5 BB, 35x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on Blackrock Viper Alloys, Flex-o-lite trans cooler, Mr Grille billet grille inserts, AEV Prem Bumper ETC.. AND a Locked and Lifted Honda Foreman for when the trails get real tight
JTPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2011, 08:08 AM   #23
dsjk
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
1st of all, no need to be a a$$, is this how everyone on this forum replies to those who have a question regarding a part?

2nd of all, i said it didnt matter what engines they listed becasue i kno ppl who have used programmers that arnt supposed to be for there vehicle and they worked fine. like i said before i used a 5.2l ram's jet chip on my 2.5l but i know jet isnt a programmer so this is why i asked. Theres alot of things that can be used on both the 4.0 and the 2.5 and i have even heard the ECU will work with both of them. soo i dont see where my question was dumb at all.

and 3rd of all, ur lil "square peg" comment was real cute "punk krawler"...clown
If they are using a programmer that is not stated to work for that vechical then they have a beta version from the company themselves because the programmer will not connect unless the VIN series is programmed in somehow.

I am gald you liked the square peg comment as I figured it would help you understand the problems tuners face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodooJK View Post
Forget Superhip. You need to talk to dsjk. He IS Diablosport. He engineered it to lift the front wheels off the ground WHILE spinning the tires through the first 3 gears while saving over $2,000 in gas per year! He is pretty low key about it, you won't see him pushing it on the forum, so I figured I'd clue you in.
I do not work for Diablosport and just because I miss quoted MPG's because of a statement Suzie Orman made and I was just quoting you do not have to bring other threads into this.

Also if you have a problem with me then talk to me rather than hide among thread posting.

And I also do not appreciate a mis-quoted statement of mine in you signature. I would greatly appreciate you removing it...Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTPhoto View Post
Actually its quite simple. The Superchips is a programmer that re-programs your Jeeps computer (ECU). This particular Superchips programmer does not contain the code to re-program your 2.5L ECU. You can plug it in but it will refuse to connect. The message it will give you is files not available for this vehicle.
A plug in Chip may be your only option.
This I beleive is prob. a much better way to state the information I gave.
[CENTER][URL="http://www.rockkrawler.com/?r_intro=1"][FONT="Arial Black"][B][COLOR="Black"]ROCK KRAWLER[/COLOR][/B][/FONT][/URL] [URL="http://www.4x4spod.com/"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]S-POD[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL] [URL="http://www.milemarker.com/"][FONT="Impact"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]MILE MARKER[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL]
[URL="http://www.aceengineeringandfab.com/"][FONT="Fixedsys"][B][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]A.C.E.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/FONT][/URL][/CENTER]

[QUOTE=voodooJK;11973781]Something you said after the fact exposed that part of me... like a catholic school girl normally would.[/QUOTE]
dsjk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2011, 12:25 PM   #24
Kolak
Vendor

Just thought I'd hop in here and mention that my sale pricing for the Superchips is extended through the month of August. I did this because Superchips also extended their $25.00 mail-in rebate an extra month. PM me if any of you would like pricing or further information.
kolak@aol.com or kolak@kolakperformance.com
Kolak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2013, 07:31 AM   #25
kittenmittens

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I have a manual and it was a huge difference with the Flashpack. The biggest difference for me was that the motor doesn't ping from 1500rpm to 2000rpm
kittenmittens is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2013, 10:42 AM   #26
Yendor
2013 JK Wrangler 

Post # 19 needs to be deleted also.

I don't think I'd run 87 in a vehicle with an 89 tune. If I needed to run 87, I'd retune.

I agree, once you put it on, then have to take it off, you can't wait to put it back!
Yendor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.