Superchicps Trail Dash - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Superchicps Trail Dash

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 09-11-2012, 09:21 AM   #16
bigorangeyj
2002 TJ Wrangler 

So how much is that

Unread 09-19-2012, 09:11 PM   #17
yoda13
Force Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

Their website claims 21hp and 30 ftlbs of torque...
2007 White Jeep Wrangler X-auto, black freedom top, 15x8 Pro Comp Rock Crawlers, 33x12.5x15 BFG KM2s, Superchips Flashpaq, 2" OME Spring Lift, Bilsteins, Rusty's Adjustable front and rear trac-bar, JKS Quicker Disconnects, Rusty's adjustable lower control arms (front and rear), PolyPerformance adjustable upper control arms (front and rear), OEM Rubicon Rock Rails, Finishlinewest Stonehenge Series rear bumper, Smittybuilt winch, Body Armor Front High Clearance Bumper w/ KC Highlights mounted, Roadmaster towbar, Valley 2" receiver hitch, Skid Row Engine Transmission skid, sPod switching system, KC Highlights windshield mounted lights, Delta replacement non-quadbar xenon headlamps, and Bestop saddlebags-Member of the United Four Wheel Drive Association and Blue Ribbon Coalition, †John 3:16†

RIP Mrs. yoda13... My life is better for having had you in it and you made me a better man...I can't wait to see you again...I love you always and forever, and for all eternity

If you want to help the sport of off-roading, and protect your right to do so, please visit the Envirobeat
forum...

yoda13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2012, 07:16 PM   #18
bigorangeyj
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoda13 View Post
Their website claims 21hp and 30 ftlbs of torque...
thats not bad for a chip on a gas engine. if it wasn't so expensive i might look into getting one.
Unread 10-03-2012, 07:40 PM   #19
greenrover
2007 JK Wrangler 

Coming off my recent rant about the Flashpaq I was interested in the Traildash unit... until the price. And no credit or discount for being a previous customer (Flashpaq 3875).
After my rant about the slowness of the Flashpaq and multiple/duplicate prompts to turn the key on/off/on/on when it's already on/ all I got was "well, it's a 3 to 4 year old unit".
The Traildash looks great, but most likely (and I'm taking an educated guess here) has the same performance program for the 3.8 as the Flashpaq; just in a fancy'er package.
Superchips has made no progress (as far as I know, flame on if I'm wrong) with many options that competitors have like on-the-fly adjustments to fan/locker/etc. The Flashpaq is kind of old school as far as advanced features, that's the idea I got from their forum when I posted about my concerns. Nothing against "Ron" on their forum, he's just doing his job.

In short, if the TrailDash was half the price I still wouldn't buy it based on my experience with Superchips.
Unread 10-03-2012, 08:49 PM   #20
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

one of my friends out in CA has one on his 08 - he loves it

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2012, 09:45 PM   #21
jeepboy978
1999 TJ Wrangler 

do these work on the 4 bangahs?
jeepboy978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2012, 06:13 AM   #22
Green08

For $600 bucks it should have a set of lips on it....or at least a GPS....
Green08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2012, 11:25 AM   #23
Rudinater
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green08 View Post
For $600 bucks it should have a set of lips on it....or at least a GPS....
If I remember right when they first started talking about it the display what just a small android tablet, while it did not include a GPS chipset you could add a bluetooth GPS and download any android GPS software.

There was also a plan to just sell the connector that plugs into the jeep computer and then you download the app on to your android phone.

Red 09 Unlimited Rubicon - Teraflex 4inch long arm lift, Elka shocks, 5:38 gears, 37inch GY MTR's, Expedition Core front bumper with Warn PowerPlant HD, RS-E rear bumper and carrier, RS-E step rock sliders.
Rudinater is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2013, 09:45 PM   #24
toxicwaste29
2012 JK Wrangler 

Any more news since its been almost 2 years now. They have the flashpaq for 12's but i cant find the traildash.
toxicwaste29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2013, 12:27 AM   #25
Kolak
Vendor

Have you looked at the Bully Gog GT? It's got essentially the same functions as the TrailDash. Check it out there:

http://www.bullydog.com/product.php?ID=466

PM me if you'd like pricing -

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicwaste29 View Post
Any more news since its been almost 2 years now. They have the flashpaq for 12's but i cant find the traildash.
kolak@aol.com or kolak@kolakperformance.com
Kolak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2013, 07:48 AM   #26
toxicwaste29
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolak View Post
Have you looked at the Bully Gog GT? It's got essentially the same functions as the TrailDash. Check it out there:

http://www.bullydog.com/product.php?ID=466

PM me if you'd like pricing -
Id rather not go with bully dog since some people have issues with it messing up their car and i like the display layout on the traildash a lot more.
toxicwaste29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2013, 10:59 AM   #27
Neo1130
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenrover View Post
After my rant about the slowness of the Flashpaq and multiple/duplicate prompts to turn the key on/off/on/on when it's already on/ all I got was "well, it's a 3 to 4 year old unit".
This has nothing really to do with it being a Flashpaq or anything to do with Superchips... That is a vehicle chip programming thing... Most vehicles and most tuners require this...
Neo1130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2013, 01:27 PM   #28
Kolak
Vendor

Unfortunately there does not seem to be any forward momentum with Superchips in terms of support for later Jeeps. DiabloSport and BullyDog are the only ones to have cracked the PCM encryption.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicwaste29 View Post
Id rather not go with bully dog since some people have issues with it messing up their car and i like the display layout on the traildash a lot more.
kolak@aol.com or kolak@kolakperformance.com
Kolak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2014, 09:27 PM   #29
Flyingpig105
2010 JK Wrangler 

Kolak gave me a fantastic deal on the Traildash, answered my questions and was a pleasure to do business with!
Flyingpig105 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.