Sunrider Door Surround Latch - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Sunrider Door Surround Latch

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChIntroducing the Quart Crate...JK Front Axle Truss

Unread 06-05-2012, 10:27 AM   #1
d_rex

Sunrider Door Surround Latch

Hi guys, I've had my soft top stored for some time I finally have a garage and now I can put the soft top on again.
I put it on no trouble, on the driver side, but on the passenger side the sunrider won't latch into the door surround. I can get it in there but it pops out. Does any one have a similar issue? How about the part number for the latch? In looking for the part number I can find whole surround (55395236AF) not just the latch though. I have been searching the forum and can't find any similar issues.
Thanks for any help.

d_rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2012, 11:31 AM   #2
Jiblet
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_rex View Post
Hi guys, I've had my soft top stored for some time I finally have a garage and now I can put the soft top on again.
I put it on no trouble, on the driver side, but on the passenger side the sunrider won't latch into the door surround. I can get it in there but it pops out. Does any one have a similar issue? How about the part number for the latch? In looking for the part number I can find whole surround (55395236AF) not just the latch though. I have been searching the forum and can't find any similar issues.
Thanks for any help.
I've had trouble before and always double check those latches making sure they click in before I hook the windshield patches or the sail panels.

Maybe try un doing everything and start over with passenger-side latch.

Have you inspected the spring in the latch itself? Maybe a (minimal) spritz of lube into the latch would help.
Jiblet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2012, 01:25 PM   #3
d_rex

Yeah I have taken both of them off to see if I could see any difference between that one and the driver side. No luck. Good idea I'll get a little WD-40 in there to see if it might seat a little better, thanks!
d_rex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parts identification , soft top , sunrider

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.