Sun Visors - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Sun Visors

6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 06-11-2009, 07:33 AM   #1
rjt36
2009 JK Wrangler 

Sun Visors

Here's a lame question for you guys.

I just got my JK yesterday. When I first got my TJ I switched the visors so the warning stickers aren't blaring in your face. I decided to do the same with the JK.

I got them to come off okay, but now I can't get them back on. Am I missing something? This shouldn't be so difficult. I can do all kinds of work, but I'm stumped by sun visors....go figure

rjt36 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2009, 07:57 AM   #2
weiva
2007 JK Wrangler 

The warning stickers peel off easily on a hot day. No heat gun needed.

Otherwise, maybe this write up and it's pictures will help. All you should need is a T-15 screwdriver.
weiva is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2009, 08:11 AM   #3
rjt36
2009 JK Wrangler 

I mean, I slid the visors off the arms that attach to the windshield frame. In the TJ they just slid on and off. I figured it would have been the same thing in the JK. Now they don't slide back on.
Unread 06-11-2009, 08:29 AM   #4
jd1066
2008 JK Wrangler 

I don't know how to get them back on, but if you need 2 new ones, I have them. I took the visors off about a week after I got my JK. I'm 6'3", and they always seem to be in the way, even when they are flipped up.

Let me know if you want them.

JD
jd1066 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2009, 08:32 AM   #5
rjt36
2009 JK Wrangler 

It looks like I can split them in half. I'll have to take a better look later. I could just as easily do without them. I never used them in my TJ and I probably won't use them in the JK. They are pretty useless.

Thanks for the offer. I might take you up on it.
Unread 06-11-2009, 08:37 AM   #6
N2rock
2007 JK Wrangler 

lot of work to get rid of those stickers. As mentioned- they peel right off.

I had a competition with my kids- told each of them to peel off one sticker and whoever left the least glue/residue won. Yup, both stickers came off with zero residue

His: '07 Unlimited X, Jeep Green, Hardtop, auto, 5.13, 2.5" RC lift and too many mods to list

Hers: '08 X Red Rock, soft top, auto. Bunch of mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlgraham View Post
If you made a snuggy out of a Shamwow, ....would you have to get up off the couch to pee?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepskyy View Post
At this point if Obama tried to move a little to the right, he would trip over Stalin's corpse.
N2rock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2009, 10:54 AM   #7
grim-reaper
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjt36 View Post
It looks like I can split them in half. I'll have to take a better look later. I could just as easily do without them. I never used them in my TJ and I probably won't use them in the JK. They are pretty useless.

Thanks for the offer. I might take you up on it.
I had the same problem. I should have just peeled the stickers off the visors without removing them from the arm. A little bit of oil/lubricant on the arm and some forceful twisting back and forth will work. However, one of my visors did indeed crack as I was doing this and I had to replace it.
grim-reaper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2009, 11:10 AM   #8
rjt36
2009 JK Wrangler 

Thanks. Maybe I just need a little more force. I'll give it another go later today.
Unread 06-11-2009, 11:54 AM   #9
rjt36
2009 JK Wrangler 

I just tried to get them back on with no success. It goes about inch and a half then hits something inside. It's like it's not going into the hole it's supposed to be in. I wiggled it around to see if I was missing it, but I can't seem to find the hole it needs to be pushed into.
Unread 06-11-2009, 12:12 PM   #10
TaosBob
2007 WK 

Quote:
It goes about inch and a half then hits something inside. It's like it's not going into the hole it's supposed to be in. I wiggled it around to see if I was missing it, but I can't seem to find the hole it needs to be pushed into.
I have that same problem occasionally.
Traded in on 2012 Hyundai Azera: 2007 Grand Cherokee Laredo, Rocky Mountain Edition, Bright Silver, 4.7L V-8, factory hitch and tow hooks, Mopar rock rails, Mopar skid plates, Rusty's 2-inch BB with shocks, cabin air filtration. Firestone Destination AT tires 255/70/R17, 4xGuard skids--front, rear, and belly, BDS rear diff guard, OME rear shocks.
TaosBob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2009, 12:39 PM   #11
rjt36
2009 JK Wrangler 

I was waiting for a, "That's what she said."
Unread 06-11-2009, 02:14 PM   #12
Layth
2012 JK Wrangler 

"That's what SHE said!"
Layth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2009, 02:25 PM   #13
rballman
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I just tried to get them back on with no success. It goes about inch and a half then hits something inside. It's like it's not going into the hole it's supposed to be in. I wiggled it around to see if I was missing it, but I can't seem to find the hole it needs to be pushed into.
that might just make it into someone's signature haha

Colorado Jeep Club member #2007

My JK Build Thread
rballman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2009, 02:35 PM   #14
HeVeMetL
2007 JK Wrangler 

Do anyone's visors rattle constantly. It is so damn annoying the passenger side starting doing it after a few months ago and now the drivers side is doing it. Just a loud vibration and the only way it stops is if the visors are pushed completely forward. Anyone know how to fix this? Maybe some foam between the visor and the headliner, idunno
HeVeMetL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2009, 07:12 AM   #15
weiva
2007 JK Wrangler 

HeVeMetL, check out the link I posted earlier here. It should show where all the clips to the trim pieces are... maybe one of the clips got loose and you can push it back into place.
weiva is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.