Suggested Lights for my roof rack - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Suggested Lights for my roof rack

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right here

Unread 03-23-2009, 07:45 PM   #1
JohnBarleycorn
2013 JK Wrangler 

Suggested Lights for my roof rack

So I am getting my roof rack later this week and I ordered with it 6 light tabs, 4 for the front and 2 for the rear. First I would ideally like to have the following configuration. Sorry in advance for the ms paint mock up but it was all I could come up with!

Secondly I was curious what lights to go with. I am incredibly intrigued by the LED lights especially the Vision X Solstice S6100. They are a 6" 6 led patterned lamp that put out 2400 lumens a piece.
http://www.visionxusa.com/led/s6100/

What do you guys know about them, would you recommend them or what considerations for other options.

Thanks for your help

Unread 03-23-2009, 10:14 PM   #2
242much
2009 JK Wrangler 

that's a lot of light.

good grief, just buy the Rubicon.
242much is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2009, 04:35 AM   #3
harald-hans
2008 JK Wrangler 

Hi,

why not the XMitter from Visionxusa ?

I have mounted the XMitter XIL-320 from Visionxusa - not on a roof but on the rollerfairlead of my winch.

The light is PERFECT - round about 5800 Lumen - wooow - this is like sunshine in the night

From my opinion not to expensive for what you got !

Greetings from Germany

Yellow RubiKong - Frontside / Yellow RubiKong - Backside
harald-hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2009, 08:25 AM   #4
JK-Ford
2007 JK Wrangler 

I would go with a set of "floods" on the back. No need for any long rang or driving beams back there. Then, definatly want a set of "long range" on the front. If it were mine, I would put 4 long range on the front. And put "driving beams on the bumper.
130w KC 6" Driving Beams on Grab Bar Mod
Rock light mod
Reverse light mod
JK-Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2009, 12:53 PM   #5
ctown67
2007 JK Wrangler 

there is a thread about the xmitter in a thread here somewhere with pics at night, it is bad to that bone, but pricey.

i have 8" kc spot in the front and i would like to add floods as well at an angle like you have in the graphic, in the back i would probably use floods. unless you drive around backwards.

i wouln't put driving lights up top you'll just light up your hood.
List of stock parts that have been eviscerated.

power steering pump, tie rod, front left knuckle, horn, weld on rear track bar, rear track bar bracket, both rear fenders, front passenger fender, punctured spare tire, rear bar pins, steering stabilizer shock, front drivers side shock, spare tire carrier.
ctown67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2009, 12:21 PM   #6
ChicagoGuy
formerly VetteDriver

2008 JK Wrangler 

I have a variety of the VisionX lights.

The Solstice is essentially a 500w light, but don't get the 6100 euro pattern up that high. The 6102 has more of a spot beam pattern.

You should also look at the 4100 series. Those are closer to a 300w, and a lot less money.

I'm almost entirely switched over to these lights - hood mounted Xmitter, small floods on the bumper, and shortly 6102s on the windows. GREAT quality product. Very well constructed.

That reminds me - need to put a bunch of Hellas in the for sale section of the forum... (hint)
Unread 03-25-2009, 02:08 PM   #7
JohnBarleycorn
2013 JK Wrangler 

Hmmmm interesting. I may go with 6100 spots on the 2 center mounts up front and 2 4100 floods for the sides and rears.

Do you have any pics of your current setup? How bout pics and specs on the Hellas. If they are cheap enough I could be persuaded to change my plans!
Unread 03-26-2009, 11:39 AM   #8
ChicagoGuy
formerly VetteDriver

2008 JK Wrangler 

No pics now, but will try and get some this weekend if I get the Solstices mounted.

If you do decide to go a less expensive route, here is the for sale post on my Hellas (also a set of smaller KCs)

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=739144
Unread 03-26-2009, 11:41 AM   #9
ChicagoGuy
formerly VetteDriver

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by harald-hans View Post
Hi,

why not the XMitter from Visionxusa ?

I have mounted the XMitter XIL-320 from Visionxusa - not on a roof but on the rollerfairlead of my winch.
That's the same Xmitter bar that I have, although I hood mounted it to the KC hood light bar. Projects well with little glare, although I painted the hump in the AEV hood (which it sits over) a flat black, so that may help.
Unread 03-26-2009, 12:12 PM   #10
vanner77
2007 JK Wrangler 

ever think about lightforce? i had them on my old ranger and they told me if they EVER broke, return them for a new light... there was a video of someone hitting them with a baseball bat and it not even cracking! when i get my light bar thats what i am gonna go with
2001 TJ - 4 cyl 5spd 31x13.50 TSL
2003 Dakota 4.7
vanner77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2009, 12:56 PM   #11
harald-hans
2008 JK Wrangler 

But never forget the "Amperage Draw" that regular lights had - a 100W light "needs" over 8 amps - two of them over 16 amps

Take two with 150W than you need 25 amps !!!

For example the Xmitter XIL-320 with 5700 Lumen only needs 8 amps

Greetings from Germany

harald-hans

Yellow RubiKong - Frontside / Yellow RubiKong - Backside
harald-hans is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.