Stupid question time - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Stupid question time

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 10-08-2008, 08:20 PM   #1
AZrattled
2007 JK Wrangler 

Stupid question time

I have a 2007 wrangler x (stock)and want to know for sure what im working with,front is dana 30 right? is the rear a 35 , i want to get some differential covers and also have my gears checked to make sure the guy didnt use my 5.13's for his jeep and replace mine with 4.88s because he couldnt get any for his jeep for a month or so.this will be interesting if they do not end up being my 5.13s i gave him to install.so since im getting the covers changed out i can have them checked to ease my mind.

2007 wangler X rescue green hardtop automatic,Full Tracktion 3" Ultimate lift/hydro shocks,16" American Racing Predator wheels / 35" **** Cepek Crusher tires,Superiour 5.13 front and rear gears,JE Reels front and rear drive shafts, Rear Warn bumper/tire carrier,K&N air intake,Gibson dual tip cat back exhaust,Billet grill,hood latches,fuel door cover
AZrattled is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2008, 08:33 PM   #2
AZrattled
2007 JK Wrangler 

dana 30 front,dana 44 rear maybe ? maybe i should go take a few auto mechanics classes at the local college , been thinking about it alot
2007 wangler X rescue green hardtop automatic,Full Tracktion 3" Ultimate lift/hydro shocks,16" American Racing Predator wheels / 35" **** Cepek Crusher tires,Superiour 5.13 front and rear gears,JE Reels front and rear drive shafts, Rear Warn bumper/tire carrier,K&N air intake,Gibson dual tip cat back exhaust,Billet grill,hood latches,fuel door cover
Unread 10-08-2008, 08:39 PM   #3
Evil_Trolloc
2008 JK Wrangler 

checking your gears

Well, with the locker I'm not exactly sure how it works..

But.. an easy way to tell what you have for gears:

1) Block your wheels so the jeep wont roll
2) jack up the back
3) you can rotate the wheel 1 full turn and count the drive shaft rotation.

make a mark with a sharpie on the driveshaft and tire, When the wheel goes 1 full rotation, whatever your driveshaft spun ( say 5.13 times around) that will be your gear ratio

-- edit --

Dont forget to put the gear in N or you'll have a hell of a time trying to rotate that tire
08 rubicon / 2dr / 6spd / 3.5" rockkrawler / 1" BL / 36" TSL's / superior rear axle shafts, JE Reel 1350 rear DS / skidrow oil/trans skid / riddler covers / EVO C gussets / RK truss / custom grill gaurd / CB / Herculiner / home brew sliders / plenty of scratches

Last edited by Evil_Trolloc; 10-08-2008 at 09:03 PM.. Reason: must be in N
Evil_Trolloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2008, 12:59 AM   #4
alaskanthunder
2007 JK Wrangler 

You have Dana 30 in front. And Dana 44 in back
Unread 10-09-2008, 07:41 AM   #5
N2rock
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanthunder View Post
You have Dana 30 in front. And Dana 44 in back
Most likely... However some of the early '07 year models came with a D35 in the rear.

Here's a picture of a rear Dana 44 for reference

His: '07 Unlimited X, Jeep Green, Hardtop, auto, 5.13, 2.5" RC lift and too many mods to list

Hers: '08 X Red Rock, soft top, auto. Bunch of mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlgraham View Post
If you made a snuggy out of a Shamwow, ....would you have to get up off the couch to pee?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepskyy View Post
At this point if Obama tried to move a little to the right, he would trip over Stalin's corpse.
N2rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2008, 09:46 AM   #6
AZrattled
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2rock View Post
Most likely... However some of the early '07 year models came with a D35 in the rear.

Here's a picture of a rear Dana 44 for reference

thanks,thats what i have,i will have to do the test posted above,sounds simple enough,thanks guys,appreciate all the help

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.