stuck brake - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > stuck brake

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 08-31-2012, 11:37 AM   #1
scrambled
2006 LJ Wrangler 

stuck brake

I have a 2008 sahara with a stuck right front brake. Anyone have this problem on theirs? Best way to fix it? thanks in advance!

Unread 08-31-2012, 12:25 PM   #2
tavic
2010 JK Wrangler 

Last time someone had this issue they had to replace the caliper.
tavic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2012, 01:35 PM   #3
N2rock
2007 JK Wrangler 

yup- had that problem on my '07 a couple months ago. I didn't even bother trying to fix it. I just ran to Auto Zone and bought a new caliper (around $100)

His: '07 Unlimited X, Jeep Green, Hardtop, auto, 5.13, 2.5" RC lift and too many mods to list

Hers: '08 X Red Rock, soft top, auto. Bunch of mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlgraham View Post
If you made a snuggy out of a Shamwow, ....would you have to get up off the couch to pee?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepskyy View Post
At this point if Obama tried to move a little to the right, he would trip over Stalin's corpse.
N2rock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2012, 06:22 AM   #4
Jpxfactor
2008 JK Wrangler 

I have an 08 .. replaced rotor and caliper .. still sticking .. so I had to replace the flex line and that fixed it.
Jpxfactor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2012, 05:01 PM   #5
shenejm
2009 JK Wrangler 

I have a 09.. Had the same issue... same wheel.. replaced the rotor.. caliper and the flex line...
shenejm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2012, 07:41 PM   #6
Spanky916
2008 JK Wrangler 

Same problem on my '08 X on the left front. Noticed it on the way home from the dealer the day I took delevery. Replaced the rotor which was warped, $35, and caliper, $80ish. Problem gone!
Spanky916 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2012, 09:58 AM   #7
jwmbishop
2011 JK Wrangler 

Stuck brakes can be either hydraulic or mechanical.

The brake hose is a four ply. Its common (in ALL vehicles) for the plys to separate and the hose act like a check valve - especially if you have stretched the hose such as articulation with a lift...

Pop the bleeder while its "stuck" (if the hose is holding back pressure the bleeder will release it - you'll then know its the hose). If popping the bleeder does not release the stuck - then the sticky is mechanical - not hydraulic - and rotor, caliper and pad replacement is needed.

Or simply change the hose first and see if the problem goes away (but then rebleeding becomes a pain) - unless its already due for a brake job, then go ahead and spend on a loaded caliper set and hose.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.