stuck brake - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > stuck brake

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!

Unread 08-31-2012, 10:37 AM   #1
scrambled
2006 LJ Wrangler 

stuck brake

I have a 2008 sahara with a stuck right front brake. Anyone have this problem on theirs? Best way to fix it? thanks in advance!

Unread 08-31-2012, 11:25 AM   #2
tavic
2010 JK Wrangler 

Last time someone had this issue they had to replace the caliper.
tavic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2012, 12:35 PM   #3
N2rock
2007 JK Wrangler 

yup- had that problem on my '07 a couple months ago. I didn't even bother trying to fix it. I just ran to Auto Zone and bought a new caliper (around $100)

His: '07 Unlimited X, Jeep Green, Hardtop, auto, 5.13, 2.5" RC lift and too many mods to list

Hers: '08 X Red Rock, soft top, auto. Bunch of mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlgraham View Post
If you made a snuggy out of a Shamwow, ....would you have to get up off the couch to pee?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepskyy View Post
At this point if Obama tried to move a little to the right, he would trip over Stalin's corpse.
N2rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2012, 05:22 AM   #4
Jpxfactor
2008 JK Wrangler 

I have an 08 .. replaced rotor and caliper .. still sticking .. so I had to replace the flex line and that fixed it.
Jpxfactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2012, 04:01 PM   #5
shenejm
2009 JK Wrangler 

I have a 09.. Had the same issue... same wheel.. replaced the rotor.. caliper and the flex line...
shenejm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2012, 06:41 PM   #6
Spanky916
2008 JK Wrangler 

Same problem on my '08 X on the left front. Noticed it on the way home from the dealer the day I took delevery. Replaced the rotor which was warped, $35, and caliper, $80ish. Problem gone!
Spanky916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2012, 08:58 AM   #7
jwmbishop
2011 JK Wrangler 

Stuck brakes can be either hydraulic or mechanical.

The brake hose is a four ply. Its common (in ALL vehicles) for the plys to separate and the hose act like a check valve - especially if you have stretched the hose such as articulation with a lift...

Pop the bleeder while its "stuck" (if the hose is holding back pressure the bleeder will release it - you'll then know its the hose). If popping the bleeder does not release the stuck - then the sticky is mechanical - not hydraulic - and rotor, caliper and pad replacement is needed.

Or simply change the hose first and see if the problem goes away (but then rebleeding becomes a pain) - unless its already due for a brake job, then go ahead and spend on a loaded caliper set and hose.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.