Stubby Antenna - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Stubby Antenna

Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3

Unread 03-10-2013, 08:51 PM   #31
OJEEPO

jeep2.jpg  
OJEEPO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2013, 09:11 PM   #32
HighandLow
Stay Frosty...

2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OJEEPO View Post
I just cut mine down and re-attached the ball.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighandLow View Post
How did you get the ball off?
Dude, you're killin' me! How did you get the ball off? I tried vice grips, no good...
Unread 03-10-2013, 09:22 PM   #33
OJEEPO

Quote:
Dude, you're killin' me! How did you get the ball off? I tried vice grips, no good...
I put vice grips on the antenna about 4 inches down. I put it into a vise and tightened it below the ball, just so the ball won't fit through. Put a towel over the ball so it does not fly away and hammered down on the vice grips. One hit and it came off easy.
Unread 03-10-2013, 09:33 PM   #34
HighandLow
Stay Frosty...

2010 JK Wrangler 

Thank you sir! I'll give it a shot. I guess I was too worried to damage the ball. I have a Antenna X now. But I like this mod better!

Unread 03-10-2013, 09:44 PM   #35
OJEEPO

Quote:
Thank you sir! I'll give it a shot. I guess I was too worried to damage the ball. I have a Antenna X now. But I like this mod better!

Good luck. After I cut the antenna I used a grinder to narrow the tip just a little to fit into the ball, then just tapped it on with a small hammer.
Unread 03-16-2013, 01:36 PM   #36
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?

2008 JK Wrangler 

I purchased the AntennaX 13" inch "off-road" antenna because I am tired of my stock antenna bouncing off my snorkel and making it sound as if I have carnage falling off my Jeep. I was extremely disappointed. I listen to the FM radio all the time and that is my constant source of "entertainment" in my vehicle. I installed this antenna without a doubt in my mind and thinking I wouldn't lose a noticeable amount of reception because of all the positive reviews, I was wrong. I immediately lost two of my favorite FM stations.The looks of the antenna are very appealing but the function just isn't there in my situation.

Maybe my snorkel was interfering with the antenna's performance but it is already off my Jeep and on it's way back to it's original home. I included some pictures below for reference of how high the snorkel is above the antenna.

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2013, 01:46 PM   #37
SubAtomicGenius
Sarcastic Fantastic

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OJEEPO View Post
Did the same to mine. Cut off around 15-16", re-soldered the ball back on.
SubAtomicGenius is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2013, 06:07 PM   #38
pismo61
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I bought one of those stubby antennas and I lost reception also.I live about 60 miles out side of San Diego and LA..It looks good.I imagine if you live in the city it would work better. Had it on one day.
Unread 03-17-2013, 08:03 AM   #39
Waltjason
2011 JK Wrangler 

Well because of the reviews I just ordered the antenna x from amazon. We shall see how it works. I live in the country but have satellite radio because not much fm. Tired of it banging on branches.
Waltjason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2013, 06:20 PM   #40
Antenna_X
2010 JK Wrangler 

Haven't posted in a while, just checking to see how everyone is doing with their short antennas!!
Antenna_X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2013, 07:55 PM   #41
BlazingMonk
2013 JK Wrangler 

Loving mine! Just installed my antenna x a few days ago. Looks much sharper in my opinion and I didn't lose any reception what so ever.
image-627013228.jpg  
BlazingMonk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2013, 07:20 AM   #42
Noxian
2011 JK Wrangler 

Still love my Attennax , main reason for getting it on my JK was because of all the scratches my TJ suffered from the stock antenna.
Noxian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2013, 04:59 PM   #43
Deuskid
2013 JK Wrangler 

I believe I'm going to try and try the 'bob' the standard antenna and the replace the ball on top. If that doesn't work then I plan on buying the Attennax.

John

Last edited by Deuskid; 06-06-2013 at 12:51 PM.. Reason: better explain my subscribing to this thread
Deuskid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2013, 07:11 PM   #44
Antenna_X
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noxian View Post
Still love my Attennax , main reason for getting it on my JK was because of all the scratches my TJ suffered from the stock antenna.
exactly, plus it looks more cool!!
Antenna_X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2013, 07:25 PM   #45
ironbike
2011 JK Wrangler 

Well I just ordered one last night so I am looking forward to putting this on. Hopefully I fall into the group that do not lose any FM frequency
ironbike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.