Strange security system issue - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Strange security system issue

Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-Gear2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Black (Paint to Match) Grille2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Black Sun Shade (Rugged Ridge)

Unread 12-03-2010, 07:34 AM   #1
BC Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Strange security system issue

08 Four Door Wrangler Manual 6 speed. When I Lock and unlock the drivers door with the FOB the security system works normally.

If the Jeep is locked with the FOB and I UN-LOCK the drivers door with the key and OPEN the drivers door,, the damn alarm goes off.

Ive had the Jeep to the dealer for this issue and they say "ITS NORMAL"

Can someone please try locking the Jeep with their FOB and then unlocking the door with the key and opening the door and see if your alarm gooes off.

Thanks in advance.

BC

BC Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2010, 07:36 AM   #2
jstrubberg
2009 JK Wrangler 

Sounds like the alarm is doing exactly what it should. Going off on door open unless you disarm it.
jstrubberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2010, 07:36 AM   #3
dsy
2007 JK Wrangler 

yes thats the way it works
Flame red unlimited Rubicon 5 speed 5-45RFE Auto , 35" KM2's, RCV front axles, 3 1/2" AEV premium lift, AEV snorkel, LoD front bumper with Warn powerplant,Full River Raider Alum skids, Marchal E-Code Lamps, 45qt Engel refrigerator / freezer, 09 Mygig w/ipod interface, Katzkin leather, ya its got a Hemi :-)http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/little-upgrade-607325/
dsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2010, 09:05 AM   #4
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

Yep that's the way it works in every one of my dealerships Buick's and GMC's, and Pontiac's when they were around. Nothing to worry about Just stick the key in the ignition and start the car and it will turn off, or hit the panic button to disarm.
Mol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2010, 09:46 AM   #5
paul84043
2012 JK Wrangler 

I'm not absolutely positive, but I believe that's how my VW works as well. I seem to recall that happening and having to get it and start the car to turn it off.
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.