Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

storage solution for side panels and rear window of my soft top?

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  P35A 
#1 ·
does anyone know of a decent product to store my side panels and rear window of my soft top in when i have the top down? i have had it off twice now and i'm finding it to be a pain in the arse to figure out what to do with the panels once i remove them. the first time was just for a quick trip to the store so i just placed them on the rear seat, but i won't be doing that for occasions where the top will be down for an extended period. the second time i lugged them up to my condo and layed them flat on the bathroom floor, which is also not an agreeable solution for me. i live in a condo so i don't have private enclosed garage space for them and i have cats so i am limited as to where i can leave them inside as well because i'm worried about them getting scratched by the kitties. ideally i would like some sort of bag with dividers to protect them from scratching while they are off and being carried inside and stored. then i could just put them in the bag, carry them inside, put them in the closet safe and secure and be done with it until i put them back on. i saw the posts about the storage bag for the hardtop pieces but i'm wondering if there is something similar available for the soft top pieces. i'd much prefer to pick something up aftermarket rather than having something custom made. if someone could point me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it.

#3 ·
i saw that but i wasn't sure if it would work for the 2 door as well since it says its for the unlimited. i THINK the panels are the same but i'm not 100% sure. i also don't know what its like inside. i want it to be divided so the panels don't rub against each other and get scratched. does anyone have experience with this particular product?

#5 ·
jskidder said:
i saw that but i wasn't sure if it would work for the 2 door as well since it says its for the unlimited. i THINK the panels are the same but i'm not 100% sure. i also don't know what its like inside. i want it to be divided so the panels don't rub against each other and get scratched. does anyone have experience with this particular product?
This is from the Mopar site. It looks like they only offer one bag for both the 2 and 4-door. Gives some extra detail as well

http://www.mopar.com/m_acc_cat_part.jsp

#6 ·
Mopar makes a Soft Top Boot with window storage bag. At $180 :rtft: it's kind of spendy, but I'll probably end up buying one for my Unlimited anyway.

82209911 Tops, Soft Top Boot Black, 2 Door,

Includes a special zippered pouch to store and protect the soft windows and is made of the same premium 3-ply fabric as the top.

$180.00 www.mopar.com

#7 ·
Anyone have experience with this bag in comparison with the roll-up types (like the Clover Patch)? I have the impression that you wouldn't choose the Mopar bag if you intended to keep the windows in the Wrangler with you--is that true? Or is it meant to be used like the storage bag for the Freedom Top panels?

Thanks,
Steve

#8 ·
i was originally looking for something i could put the panels in and take inside and toss in the closet, and it looks like the mopar bag would work for that. now that i see the boot option though, that i srather tempting and possibly a better way to go since that would allow me to keep the panels in the jeep just in case i needed to put the top up while i was out. of course, $90 on ebay for the bag is far more appealing than $180 for the boot. i have a month or so before the top will be down regularly so hopefully i will be able to find the boot somewhere else for cheaper.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.