Stock Wrangler Unlimited Sport action picture thread... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Stock Wrangler Unlimited Sport action picture thread...

GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 01-01-2013, 01:11 PM   #1
xycarp
2013 JK Wrangler 

Stock Wrangler Unlimited Sport action picture thread...

I just picked up my Unlimited Sport and love it. The problem is that I feel disconnected from all of these awesome pictures as I have a lowly stock Jeep.

Is it true... is my Jeep lowly and not worthy of off road?... or...

Let's use this thread to post action stock of stock sport jeeps...

xycarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2013, 02:06 PM   #2
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

i think it is more that few people take a new jeep to beat on it off road. So the guys you see here many its a hobby even if they dont wheel it, they like the looks, other its about trails and seeing how far you can get, before its winched/straped. you jeep stock is the most ready Jeep ever made for its spec. I could wheel it through the rubicon. it would make it. even a sport.

So gets some gear/recover stuff. pack some water and food(try not to go alone) and go hit a trail and see how far you can go. Your Jeep may well be more trail ready than you.

After you find what kind of wheeling you like your jeep will transform to fit that need as you change it for that need and even area you wheel. take your time.
Unread 01-01-2013, 03:01 PM   #3
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

I post my pics and such in the gallery, not on a thread...
"It takes a special kind of stupid to believe criminals will follow gun laws."
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
RockyClymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2013, 03:36 PM   #4
xycarp
2013 JK Wrangler 

OK... Sounds like Rcokyclimber is out...

Anyone else have any actions pics to offer of stock jeeps? The whole point of these boards is to share so, share away...
Unread 01-01-2013, 04:09 PM   #5
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

The whole point of the JK Technical Forum is to post Technically relevant information. Yes there are lots of pictures here, you can even find a thread in the stickies that contains nothing but picture threads.
Most members start off in this forum with a stock JK that has never been off the highway. Soon after joining their Jeep starts asking for stuff, it whines like a little girl until we give in and start buying it presents. All this happens so quickly that we rarely have time to get pictures of our JK's in stock form.
You will soon experiance everything I just said, your pockets will be emptied and you cards maxed out.

Welcome to the Club

99% of Your JK Questions will be Answered Here
JK F.A.Q./WILL IT RUB and Popular Threads

Protect Our Rights to Freedom and the Environment
Visit the EnviroBeat
JLC08JK is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2013, 04:19 PM   #6
xycarp
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLC08JK View Post
Soon after joining their Jeep starts asking for stuff, it whines like a little girl until we give in and start buying it presents. All this happens so quickly that we rarely have time to get pictures of our JK's in stock form.
You will soon experiance everything I just said, your pockets will be emptied and you cards maxed out.

Welcome to the Club
Yep... I have had my Jeep for a grand total of 5 days. I already have a copy of the Quadratec catalog in my hands...

Regarding the pics / threads / galleries thing... I get it. I searched the gallery but can't make heads or tails of what is modded or what isn't (other than the obviously modded rides).
Unread 01-02-2013, 11:30 AM   #7
MKWrangler
2008 JK Wrangler 

My Jeep is still on stock suspension with Rubicon tires. So, other than a traction advantage from the tires, I'm still stock. Here's a picture from yesterday's New Year's run.
600_192287062.jpeg  
MKWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 11:38 AM   #8
Walle
Soccer Mom and Jeep Hater

2012 JK Wrangler 

There is a 'Jeep Picture Request' forum...
Walle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 12:41 PM   #9
tmattprice
2012 JK Wrangler 

Xycarp,

As others have said, there are places to post specific picture requests on the forum. But, I also get frustrated when others just re-direct you without offering any answer to the original request, so i'll be happy to show you my 2012 JKU before I lifted it taking care of business, trail business
7.22.2012-trey-mountain.jpg   img_0027.jpg   img_0028.jpg   img_0031.jpg   img_0032.jpg  

tmattprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 03:29 PM   #10
xycarp
2013 JK Wrangler 

Awesome action shots! Exactly what I was hoping to see... THANKS!

Thanks for the link to the picture requests too... That does seem a much better place to find the type of info I am looking for.
Unread 01-02-2013, 04:32 PM   #11
xycarp
2013 JK Wrangler 

I just reviewed these pics again... Dang... I am going to take my jeep out ASAP.
Unread 01-02-2013, 06:28 PM   #12
tmattprice
2012 JK Wrangler 

You would be DAMN surprised where a STOCK JK Wrangler can go on street tires hahaha! I know I was. They don't just pass out those "Trail Rated" badges in cracker jacks ONLY in a Jeep!!!!!
Unread 01-02-2013, 06:37 PM   #13
tmattprice
2012 JK Wrangler 

I have had mine on 2 wheels!!! Tetering between ruts, 4LO, never broke a sweat! I just lifted mine with a 3.5" Rough Country and Nitto Trail Grappler 35"s, which is what i've always wanted, but before that, I would take my Jeep places that lifted Jeeps were going and they respected me for it Just always go SLOW to reduce the risk of breaking things, and try to take the highest lines possible since you don't have the clearance others have. Be smart, and that stocker will continue to impress you!!

New Look
img_0078.jpg  
Unread 01-02-2013, 06:52 PM   #14
xzy
2013 JK Wrangler 

Here's my Sport that just make it up my driveway. Hey...its pretty steep
dscf3926.jpg  
xzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 07:00 PM   #15
Johnny_Fever

No trails near my house so no good pics but enjoy your JK
Johnny_Fever is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.