stock track bar differences between years? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > stock track bar differences between years?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitThe ALL NEW Factor 55 ProLink Winch Shackle Mounts availabFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-14-2013, 12:19 PM   #1
greenrover
2007 JK Wrangler 

stock track bar differences between years?

Found someone who was getting rid of some stock pieces from his newer 4dr and noticed that his stock track bar had a flexible joint on the frame end.
My stock track bar is solid on both ends.
Was going t replace mine with his anyway cause mine is worn but wondering if the flexible joint on the newer one is better or worse in design....anyone?

I've thrown in a quick picture.

Thanks.

2013-09-14-12.12.44.jpg  
Unread 09-14-2013, 02:07 PM   #2
brianjw
2012 JK Wrangler 

Almost no difference. Waste of time/money because the stock track bar itself has so much bend and flex anyway. Just spend a couple hundred and get a real track bar that will actually improve handling. If it is free AND has significantly less miles, might be worth something.
brianjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2013, 02:49 PM   #3
greenrover
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjw View Post
Almost no difference. Waste of time/money because the stock track bar itself has so much bend and flex anyway. Just spend a couple hundred and get a real track bar that will actually improve handling. If it is free AND has significantly less miles, might be worth something.
Was free, figured it can't hurt till I pony up for a "real" track bar. I'm not a kid with rich parents. Two teenagers, one in college. Just trying to keep my sanity by getting out and wheeling occasionally. Some help from Jack and Jim too
Unread 09-14-2013, 02:58 PM   #4
JTPhoto
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

It won't make any difference for you but hang onto it and you'll have a spare if the original gets damaged.
2008 Black and Khaki Sahara Unlimited. Auto, Tow pkg, Dual Tops, MyGig, Trax-Lok rear diff. 3.5" Rock Krawler fr springs, rear TeraFlex 2.5 BB, 35x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on Blackrock Viper Alloys, Flex-o-lite trans cooler, Mr Grille billet grille inserts, AEV Prem Bumper ETC.. AND a Locked and Lifted Honda Foreman for when the trails get real tight
JTPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2013, 03:43 PM   #5
brianjw
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenrover

Was free, figured it can't hurt till I pony up for a "real" track bar. I'm not a kid with rich parents. Two teenagers, one in college. Just trying to keep my sanity by getting out and wheeling occasionally. Some help from Jack and Jim too
What's with the attitudes here lately?!
Im married with school loans, mortgage etc too. My parents are broke and i work my *** off, paid my own way as well.

Anyway like I said, there may be a very small improvement, and if it was free, throw it in.
BUT be really careful installing it. Observe that the older bushing style has a much thicker metal sleeve. If the mounting holes on the frame side are enlarged AT ALL, that cheap thin sleeve on the rod end will literally compress and squeeze and deform. Mine actually compressed itself onto the bolt, squeezed out through the barely enlarged mounting holes, and I had to cut it out with a reciprocating saw. That was when I ordered a synergy track bar and frame side brace. Lol
Unread 09-14-2013, 03:45 PM   #6
brianjw
2012 JK Wrangler 

Observe.

I had to find that used older style track bar to get my jeep on the road until the synergy parts came in. Notice how the thin metal sleeve had been pressed out into the mounting hole. And the sleeve become one with the bolt. I didn't come anywhere near 125lbs of torque, it just squeezed and deformed. Junk.
Unread 09-15-2013, 05:05 AM   #7
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

The most expensive aftermarket trackbar I know of is a $250 double jointed currie, and while $250 could be tough to swallow if unplanned for, it's completely doable if you save up for it. Pretty sure not all people who decide to save their money and buy stuff for themselves are not rich kids with rich parents, some of us actually work for a living. Drop your attitude or you'll get some in return.

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2013, 10:15 AM   #8
greenrover
2007 JK Wrangler 

Thanks all...appreciate the input.
Unread 09-16-2013, 01:28 PM   #9
greenrover
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder6 View Post
The most expensive aftermarket trackbar I know of is a $250 double jointed currie, and while $250 could be tough to swallow if unplanned for, it's completely doable if you save up for it. Pretty sure not all people who decide to save their money and buy stuff for themselves are not rich kids with rich parents, some of us actually work for a living. Drop your attitude or you'll get some in return.
Any by the way, I did not post my response with any attitude at all and even joked about Jack and Jim with a nifty little "cheers" toon.
Go play internet police to someone else.
Unread 09-16-2013, 02:33 PM   #10
Filthy-Beast
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenrover View Post
Any by the way, I did not post my response with any attitude at all and even joked about Jack and Jim with a nifty little "cheers" toon.
Go play internet police to someone else.
I didn't think his comment was directed to you.

For Sale: 2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks

97 TJ: daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
98 TJ: Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
06 LJ Rubicon: mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
13 JKU Rubicon: Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2013, 04:25 PM   #11
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.