Stock jku with 35 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Stock jku with 35

Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaWheeler Special! Black Steelies w/ 33" Mickey ThompsoROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread Yesterday, 09:41 AM   #1
cwd500

Stock jku with 35

I just stumbled on a great deal for some 35 on stock wheels. My wife's jku is all stock. Can I fit them with cutting the fenders and wheel spacers?

cwd500 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Today, 07:04 AM   #2
oakescharles
2015 JK Wrangler 

yep. I think you need to trim the flares and add 1.5 spacers.
oakescharles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Today, 07:24 AM   #3
mrwildebeast
2014 JK Wrangler 

Did you think about why the seller is selling 35s on stock wheels ??

Get some budget steel rims with a smaller offset for ~ $70 each

Good luck
mrwildebeast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Today, 08:04 AM   #4
tchaap
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwildebeast
Did you think about why the seller is selling 35s on stock wheels ?? Get some budget steel rims with a smaller offset for ~ $70 each Good luck
There's nothing wrong w running the stock wheels and hub centric spacers.
Unread Today, 08:19 AM   #5
mrwildebeast
2014 JK Wrangler 

Agreed, but, you could almost get wheels for the same cost, Spacers are not road legal in some / most states.
Unread Today, 10:28 AM   #6
Utah_Jay

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwildebeast
Agreed, but, you could almost get wheels for the same cost, Spacers are not road legal in some / most states.
Correct a true spacer is not legal, however an adapter which most referred to as spacers such as the spider trax are legal in most states if not all states. I for one tried going with the cheap steel rims on 35's and I had to rebalance them constantly they would not hold a balance and they bend easily. I went back to the Moab style stock wheels with the adapters/spacers and am much happier, I never have to rebalance and a much smoother ride. Plus I prefer the look of the stock wheels over the aftermarket.
Unread Today, 11:11 AM   #7
SLADE
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwildebeast View Post

Hub centric wheel spacers from Synergy are $160 for the set of 4.

Steel wheels at your given price of $70 will come to $280 for 4 or $350 for 5. Add the cost of dismounting and mounting and balancing $15 each so you'll have $340- $425 in a set of steel wheels.

Even if you sell the stock wheels to recoup some of the cost (I bought a set of 5 for $125), you'll still end up having more money in a cheaper and heavier set of wheels that will most likely NOT be hub centric like stock wheels with spacer setup.

If you want to get into laws, take into consideration the states that have fender flare and tire coverage laws for state inspection. Stock 17" wheels with 1.25" -1.5" spacer and 35x12.50's is about as wide as you can go and still be close to covering the tires. Going with a wider wheel (most after market wheels are wider than the factory) and even the same equivalent BS as the stock wheels + spacers and the tire will stick out even more. Most wheels will have even less BS than the stock + spacer setup so you can plan on the tires sticking out noticeably more.
2001 Dodge Ram 2500
SLADE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Today, 11:43 AM   #8
mrwildebeast
2014 JK Wrangler 

I don't want to get into laws really

Just for information to OP as is your follow up. I'm aware the the Spydertrax are an adaptor but there are many much cheaper,not so legal spacers out there.

My wheels / flares def not legal by the definition of the law but never had a problem with the feds and thats's in IL where the jeep sticks out like a sore thumb. I still have my OEM wheel tire combo, in the event i need an inspection. ( looks really bad )

I will probably go with the Spydertrax too when I go up to 37 from 35 but that's a couple years away ( well killing a set of Mud grapplers away )

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.