Stock JK Tie Rod diameter? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Stock JK Tie Rod diameter?

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 09-03-2013, 01:05 PM   #1
matrix311
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Stock JK Tie Rod diameter?

Does anyone know off hand what the outside diameter of the stock tie rod is for a 2008 JKUR? I've looked around on google and forum search and i'm only finding OD for aftermarket tie rods. I'm having a custom made 7075 t6 aluminum tie rod made for our JK and it's 1.5" diameter. Just trying to figure out if the steering stabilizer clamp I have will fit on this new tie rod. I replaced the steering stabilizer last year and the dealership gave me a new heavy duty tie rod clamp for the stabilizer and a new larger OE stabilizer as they redesigned them all vs what I had on there from the factory.

If anyone could post up the size of the OEM tie rod outside diameter I would appreciate it. My Jeep is not with me so i cannot measure it and I need to figure out if I need to order a new tie rod clamp for the stabilizer today for the new 1.5" tie rod.

Thanks

Eric

Unread 09-03-2013, 02:46 PM   #2
matrix311
1992 YJ Wrangler 

looks like it's 1 3/8" for anyone that cares or needs this info.
Unread 09-03-2013, 03:00 PM   #3
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

Like matrix says-it's 1-3/8"--or close 1.385"

Course, thats at 82F/4200' altitude/humidity 26%--

JIMBO
JIMBOX is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 04:46 PM   #4
Maertz
Hating Jk's Since 07'

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix311 View Post
Does anyone know off hand what the outside diameter of the stock tie rod is for a 2008 JKUR? I've looked around on google and forum search and i'm only finding OD for aftermarket tie rods. I'm having a custom made 7075 t6 aluminum tie rod made for our JK and it's 1.5" diameter. Just trying to figure out if the steering stabilizer clamp I have will fit on this new tie rod. I replaced the steering stabilizer last year and the dealership gave me a new heavy duty tie rod clamp for the stabilizer and a new larger OE stabilizer as they redesigned them all vs what I had on there from the factory.

If anyone could post up the size of the OEM tie rod outside diameter I would appreciate it. My Jeep is not with me so i cannot measure it and I need to figure out if I need to order a new tie rod clamp for the stabilizer today for the new 1.5" tie rod.

Thanks

Eric
yes you will need a new bracket as others have showed. I had made a 1-1/2 od by 1/4 wall tie rod and bent it to **** on my first trip out... Hopefully your aluminum one is solid that may help
Maertz is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.