Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Stock JK Tie Rod diameter?

22K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Maertz 
#1 ·
Does anyone know off hand what the outside diameter of the stock tie rod is for a 2008 JKUR? I've looked around on google and forum search and i'm only finding OD for aftermarket tie rods. I'm having a custom made 7075 t6 aluminum tie rod made for our JK and it's 1.5" diameter. Just trying to figure out if the steering stabilizer clamp I have will fit on this new tie rod. I replaced the steering stabilizer last year and the dealership gave me a new heavy duty tie rod clamp for the stabilizer and a new larger OE stabilizer as they redesigned them all vs what I had on there from the factory.

If anyone could post up the size of the OEM tie rod outside diameter I would appreciate it. My Jeep is not with me so i cannot measure it and I need to figure out if I need to order a new tie rod clamp for the stabilizer today for the new 1.5" tie rod.

Thanks

Eric

#2 ·
looks like it's 1 3/8" for anyone that cares or needs this info.

#4 ·
Does anyone know off hand what the outside diameter of the stock tie rod is for a 2008 JKUR? I've looked around on google and forum search and i'm only finding OD for aftermarket tie rods. I'm having a custom made 7075 t6 aluminum tie rod made for our JK and it's 1.5" diameter. Just trying to figure out if the steering stabilizer clamp I have will fit on this new tie rod. I replaced the steering stabilizer last year and the dealership gave me a new heavy duty tie rod clamp for the stabilizer and a new larger OE stabilizer as they redesigned them all vs what I had on there from the factory.

If anyone could post up the size of the OEM tie rod outside diameter I would appreciate it. My Jeep is not with me so i cannot measure it and I need to figure out if I need to order a new tie rod clamp for the stabilizer today for the new 1.5" tie rod.

Thanks

Eric
yes you will need a new bracket as others have showed. I had made a 1-1/2 od by 1/4 wall tie rod and bent it to **** on my first trip out... Hopefully your aluminum one is solid that may help

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.