Stock height track bar options? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Stock height track bar options?

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 05-23-2014, 08:09 AM   #1
johnsoninc86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Stock height track bar options?

What adjustable track bars will work on a stock height JK Unlimited? I'd prefer the JKS Track bar as I like the bushing design over the JJ style of the other bars, but I'm getting mixed information on whether it will fit a stock height JK. Any other aftermarket options out there for stock height track bar?

Thanks!

Unread 05-23-2014, 08:58 AM   #2
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

If you check I believe the JKS will work on a stock JK, and if you life, then it will adjust for a modest amount of lift. Other than the stock TB is a bit flimsy, why change it?
"It takes a special kind of stupid to believe criminals will follow gun laws."
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
RockyClymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2014, 01:16 PM   #3
SLADE
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Check out Metalcloak's Trackbars. They are made to clear the differential cover and accommodate stock exhaust.
2001 Dodge Ram 2500
SLADE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2014, 02:17 PM   #4
johnsoninc86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks guys. I called on the JKS and they confirmed that their track bar will NOT work with a stock height JK, they said the bar does not thread down short enough. I also contacted MetalCloak and their bar does NOT fit a stock height JK. They said they need minimum 2.5" of lift for their bar to fit. Looks like Synergy is going to be the winner. I called them and they confirmed that their bar DOES fit stock height JK's. I've got one on order with Northridge along with their grade 8 bolt kit.

My track bar is currently toast at 87,000 miles, and I plan on lifting this thing in a year or so, so I figured it would be best to go ahead and upgrade now to an adjustable. Hopefully get rid of the DW too...

Thanks again.
Unread 05-25-2014, 08:58 AM   #5
SoK66
1976 CJ5 

Good choice. When you lift you'll be wise to consider Synergy.
SoK66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.